Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Preferred Status Players Increase in Quickbars

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Preferred Status Players Increase in Quickbars
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Guancyto
11.26.2012 , 05:46 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by chuixupu View Post
Now that this is over with, I wonder what people will latch on to next. My guess is either the credit cap or hide head slot.
Definitely credit cap. Restricted hide hat is silly but cosmetic, credit cap actually reduces the market for buying cartel unlocks, since they're tradeable.

How many rich *********** would shell out money on purple gear unlocks if they could sell them on GTN for three million credits each?

Rayla_Felana
11.26.2012 , 06:01 PM | #22
BiOWare should probably advertise these changes on other sites, because a lot of people will still think the UI stuff is the same and never hear about it, it can be the difference between freeing or fleeing.

Coldin
11.26.2012 , 06:04 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Guancyto View Post
Definitely credit cap. Restricted hide hat is silly but cosmetic, credit cap actually reduces the market for buying cartel unlocks, since they're tradeable.

How many rich *********** would shell out money on purple gear unlocks if they could sell them on GTN for three million credits each?
Credit cap would make the most sense. It's probably the most gameplay restricting thing on the list.

That said, reward options, reduced xp gains, and inability to equip purple gear all are good targets to be removed as well.

LUCASCASADEIS
11.26.2012 , 06:04 PM | #24
this is amazing, i hope they will put lower prices in somethings (like the weekly pass and artifact unlock) and the F2P will be perfect

snine
11.26.2012 , 06:15 PM | #25
5 char

Rothie
11.26.2012 , 06:44 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by MishraArtificer View Post
I was hoping this would happen. Frankly, I only need three each on my Vanguard and Powertech tanks. Did the two quickslot restriction also count the companion quickslot bar?
No it didn't. And yes, I'm glad they went with this. Honestly I expected them to offer three, not four.
You registered your Pre-Order code on July 21, 2011 and now are registered for the following items:
Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ Collector's Edition Pre-Order
AΩE
*** Rattataki, Bounty Hunter***

Arodin
11.26.2012 , 06:48 PM | #27
Good on ya, Bioware

orpheus
11.26.2012 , 06:59 PM | #28
thanks for listening Community & Dev team.

Tuskin
11.26.2012 , 07:54 PM | #29
Knew this would happen eventually, good on ya.

Odyssean
11.26.2012 , 07:54 PM | #30
While i still believe that selling UI elements is absurd and greedy, i have to give credit to the decision makers because this action is on the right track. I hope that they ll do the same to F2Ps and soon, it will benefit the game in the long run.
This good decision might calm the internet negativity a bit but i wonder why ,and after all this feedback against the mentioned restriction, they did this any way? They might have gained some dollars out of it but all this bad publicity created by this surely cost them more that what they gained from.
Again, good call EA/Bioware, only few things are left to do now.
I wonder if i can use this as a night light.