Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Premades are ruining non-ranked warzones

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Premades are ruining non-ranked warzones

cycao
11.26.2012 , 10:49 AM | #1231
Quote: Originally Posted by foxmob View Post
how long does it take to end said wz's with 3-caps or by scoring 6 goals? I imagine vstar would be bothersome.
Split in groups of 4 for VS and had races to see which side would win for VS. CW sucked. NC we did sprints out in the mine fields and see who could get out the farthest before blowing up. Huttball was not so bad just set up a train and pass pass pass.

Doomsdaycomes
11.26.2012 , 10:59 AM | #1232
how long does it take to end said wz's with 3-caps or by scoring 6 goals? I imagine vstar would be bothersome.
-.- Foxy, is that really the point?

I'd say rated groups would probably rather fight pitiful resistance, than none at all. Of course, they'd like good resistance, but we can't affect how good our opponents are, only how good we are.

HuaRya
11.26.2012 , 11:45 AM | #1233
Quote: Originally Posted by SenseX View Post
On the other hand...
Every now and then it's also fun to play against complete Imperial Recruit PUG teams. Run up to 3 recruits at a turret, Force Leap, Awe everyone, Pacify and kill first guy with default rotation while other 2 can do nothing, pop Zen, kill 2nd one with Precision Slash, Blade Storm and Blade Rush spam, pop Guarded by the Force + Medpac and finish 3rd with whatever I have left. - It's just fun, what can I say Simply good times with my guildmates and on my Combat Sentinel!
That totally validates why this is the #1 thread ongoing in PVP Forum Section.

filipesantana
11.26.2012 , 11:48 AM | #1234
Quote: Originally Posted by HuaRya View Post
it is n1 due to a really bad pvp comunity from a competitive point of view....casual pvp is not competitive and doesnt benefit the comunity whatsoever.

Jadescythe
11.26.2012 , 12:19 PM | #1235
Quote: Originally Posted by HuaRya View Post
Just a heads up, that scenario had nothing to do with a premade. Simply three bad players standing together.
I have opinions and stuff

DarthSabreth
11.26.2012 , 12:23 PM | #1236
Quote: Originally Posted by filipesantana View Post
it is n1 due to a really bad pvp comunity from a competitive point of view....casual pvp is not competitive and doesnt benefit the comunity whatsoever.
Competitive pvp is more along the Ranked ques not the pug ques, most NOT all but most of the pug players are jut trying to get their gear.

The problem is BW refuses to add cross server pvp ques to seperate the pug from the ranked / premades which discourages new player and will turn away the F2P players that BW is desperatly trying to get to sub into the game.
"I have brought peace, freedom, justice, and security to my new Empire!" Rip .

HuaRya
11.26.2012 , 01:27 PM | #1237
Honestly , I think many of you have lost your way. Think back for a minute when you first got into PVP. It was probably a free for all type atmosphere. No overlapping heals, set positions, invincible force wielding huttball carriers, etc. If you look at Youtube PVP videos made 6+ months ago you can plainly see how tame it was as people like "Taugrim" did his tutorials.

IT's not totally the premade's fault though. The War Zone Queue really needs to do some more intelligent matching. Why are they even setting up a match that is so imbalanced. Groups under 2 should be allowed to mix with solo queues while the 4, 6, 8 need to be in a separate queue for obvious reasons.

foxmob
11.26.2012 , 04:17 PM | #1238
Quote: Originally Posted by Doomsdaycomes View Post
-.- Foxy, is that really the point?

I'd say rated groups would probably rather fight pitiful resistance, than none at all. Of course, they'd like good resistance, but we can't affect how good our opponents are, only how good we are.
it wasn't a rhetorical question. although now that you mention it, I don't care what another rated team would rather face. and they don't care what I would rather face. comes around. goes around.

Quote: Originally Posted by cycao View Post
Split in groups of 4 for VS and had races to see which side would win for VS. CW sucked. NC we did sprints out in the mine fields and see who could get out the farthest before blowing up. Huttball was not so bad just set up a train and pass pass pass.
wouldn't you want to stand by the nodes for defender medals so as not to completely waste the time?
A legacy of meh
Krackerjšck/Krackerjak (VG/PT) | Krackerjack/Deinon (Mando/Merc) | Dežnon (Jugg) | other stuffs
Quote: Originally Posted by Jadescythe View Post
TL;DR Bolster is meant to help entry level players, ranked PvP is not entry level PvP.

Doomsdaycomes
11.26.2012 , 07:31 PM | #1239
it wasn't a rhetorical question. although now that you mention it, I don't care what another rated team would rather face. and they don't care what I would rather face. comes around. goes around.

wouldn't you want to stand by the nodes for defender medals so as not to completely waste the time?
Well that's pretty hypocritical of you then, Foxy. See, the difference is the people "not caring" aren't saying "Well you don't get to play." They are pointing out things you can do to -raise- your competitive level. Where as you are not caring if they get to play at all.

(I'd also like to know how people advoating for matchmaking aren't "caring" who you face. *Sigh*)

Honestly, I lose faith in half the pvp community more and more everyday. <.< as I said before, it really has to do with the larger real life issue... people do not take responsibility for themselves any more.

filipesantana
11.26.2012 , 08:10 PM | #1240
Quote: Originally Posted by Doomsdaycomes View Post
Well that's pretty hypocritical of you then, Foxy. See, the difference is the people "not caring" aren't saying "Well you don't get to play." They are pointing out things you can do to -raise- your competitive level. Where as you are not caring if they get to play at all.

(I'd also like to know how people advoating for matchmaking aren't "caring" who you face. *Sigh*)

Honestly, I lose faith in half the pvp community more and more everyday. <.< as I said before, it really has to do with the larger real life issue... people do not take responsibility for themselves any more.

Lost faith long ago...what comunity? Going through the pvp forum of swtor is a good way to see how a pvp Comunity SHOULDNT be!..the thigns they say...ask...defend...its pretty much everythign agaisnt pvp basics on any other mmo...

Thing is SW has a pretty large fan base, and msot of them are into the whole roleplaying/pve thing and everyone(including the developers) knw this since the start, so my expectations for a good competitive pvp comunity were allready low...

Swtor does not atract real pvprs...and the game itself also doesnt help creating them, the Comunity comes as product of that.