Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Poor customer service

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

rosumparat
11.25.2012 , 05:40 PM | #1
Recently a friend of mine had to reinstall the game due to some OS reinstall and when logging the game asks him one of the security questions he chose when creating the account. The problem is that he forgot the answer to that question and is unable to log in the game. He just wants to know if there's a way to skip that question OR reset it. We tried "desperately" to get in contact via Skype with whatever customer service agent yet so far no luck. People say that when calling, YOU guys respond fast and all the things get done quick. So how come waiting almost 2 hours in that gosh darn queue on Skype MEANS "fast" for you? Seriously!
I hope this will get solved or you'll probably lose another customer as a result of your LACK of response, which is disturbing.

P.S. He made a new account and a new character (a free to play one) and when trying to post a thread on this forum, he wasn't able to post anything , the reason being - he didn't have any priviledges to post - as in he needed to make a paid account in order to post? That's below stupid. If it wasn't for me, he wouldn't be able to post on this forum. Either way I'm not sure/hoping that this issue will get solved knowing how EA/Bioware loves to respond to it's customers, but thanks anyway.

Valethar
11.25.2012 , 05:57 PM | #2
2 hours is fast when you consider people have frequently been on hold for 7-9 hours since F2P launched on the 15th.

There's no way I'm aware of to reset the security questions other than talking to someone at BioWare. They won't do anything on an account related issue via the forums, even when you post on your own account. They're definitely not going to do anything, beyond directing you to call them, when posting from a different account.

He can try to send in an email, but I don't know if they'll reset the account for him or not via this method.

support@SWTOR.com is where he needs to send it. Just be sure to send it using the email the account is registered with.
"Due to the massive loss of subscribers in our flagship title, we decided to cancel Blizzcon this year, because frankly, we don't think there's anyone left who would show up."

rosumparat
11.25.2012 , 09:53 PM | #3
Well regarding how big is the EA empire has become, they must have loads of "customer service" agents. Waiting up to 9 hours just for a call is beyond stupid. It's ignorance at it's best, no wonder so many people left (as one of the reasons).

rmzeyzein
11.25.2012 , 10:15 PM | #4
This game has the worst customer service! I will say, there have been one or two, maybe 3 at tops, that have actually provided satisfactory service. Most the time, I wonder if they even read the tickets or help inquiries, because a lot of the time, I get responses that have ABSOLUTELY nothing to do with the ticket subject matter.

The wait time is terrible, which with serveral account going, I can say, its consistant on each account, the wait time is usually anywhere from 1 week to 5 weeks.

Tickets are closed, with no way to reopen them, aside from filing a new ticket. Problems remain unresolved and subs are treated with disregard. AND, they offer no restituion for all the crap they put us through.

Many of us came from LOTRO, we still play both games. First and foremost, I have NEVER had to submit as many tickets on LOTRO as this game and I have been in LOTRO since around the time it started. Yes, LOTRO is not perfect, but BW/EA should take some pointers from TURBINE and WARNER BROS. as this game, is quickly becoming more of a frustration than a form of entertainment. This game has tons of potential, but if these problems are not resolved (and its a long list, let me tell you) going back to LOTRO is a sure bet. I don't mind to spend money on a game, but I am not the one to keep spending money for much longer, to have false promises and a broken game... the novalty is wearing off and our company is not going to keep supporting this as a perk to its employees if the service and game mechanics do not improve. We will simply continue our support for LOTRO and whatever other game our staff votes they want us to support - - sad enough, we have had several votes in the past two months, from our staff, voting to spend employee perk money AWAY from this game because the only consistancy in this game is frustration on various levels.
Rmzey Zein Company - Dreamgate Design & Multimedia - RZC 1

Avisian
11.26.2012 , 01:11 AM | #5
LOTRO had more less painful F2P conversion and they have best CS i ever seen. I cant say nothing about SWTOR CS because here is no CS at all ...

symke
11.26.2012 , 02:35 AM | #6
CS is non existent in this game. Both of them are only working on HK-51 and both were apparently on holidays entire past week.
Every single reply that we received was either an automated response or non helpful cry of ******** from an actual person. And don't even let me start with tickets!
They messed up their FIRST week of F2P so hard, it's unbelievable. Maybe both of them are secretly working for ANet.

Cerimon
11.26.2012 , 09:04 AM | #7 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Greetings rosumparat,

Calling us is actually the only way to reset your security questions. Some users have been able to call us via Skype, please see the following thread for information on this: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=1613888

We apologize for any inconvenience caused and thank you for playing Star Wars: The Old Republic

Cerimon | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support

rosumparat
11.26.2012 , 04:21 PM | #8
Greeting Cerimon,
unfortunately the number you gave me is the one that I used to call you guys and yet no luck so far. Today I spent almost 6 hours in queue before deciding to quit. Seriously, it sucks.
Thanks, but no thanks.

symke
11.27.2012 , 02:17 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by rosumparat View Post
Greeting Cerimon,
unfortunately the number you gave me is the one that I used to call you guys and yet no luck so far. Today I spent almost 6 hours in queue before deciding to quit. Seriously, it sucks.
Thanks, but no thanks.
Cerimon was just messing with your mind. He/she/it knows that there is almost no way that you would get the help you need. Via phone or online. There are only 2 or 3 people in their CS department and there is only 1 guy (with serious rheumatism and hearing issues) working the phone line.
So ... getting help from EAware is almost like making an ice cube in the middle of the desert. Only theoretically possible.

rosumparat
11.27.2012 , 12:05 PM | #10
Well it's their loss, because of this they'll lose a few more subscribers and soon probably most of them. Well it's their fault for being ignorant towards the comunity and indiferent into solving/fixing issues.