Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Game-Breaking Bug of disappearing schematics

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Game-Breaking Bug of disappearing schematics
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Kengas
11.25.2012 , 09:46 AM | #1
What is this all about?.To start with,I'm a subscriber. The character (jed-knight) was created AFTER the last patch(1.5)and originally started as armormech. Soon(around skill 20) I found out this was the wrong craft-profession so I unlearned this and started with synthweaving. As everybody knows there is something like reverse-engineering to obtain the better blue and purple schematics so I started crafting etc. I got my blues and purples but soon realised they simply vanished into thin air when I simply moved from let's say The Republic Fleet to Coruscant. So atm I wear
blue and purple stuff I crafted myself but can no longer make! As a PAYING CUSTOMER this shouldn't be possible. This issue should be known by EA and Bioware(see thread on the Crew Skills forum) because I'm NOT the only one who's facing this GAME-BREAKER. I'm posting it here hoping other players with the same problem massively post on this thread until someone at customer service wakes up and reacts. What is the use of playing (and paying for)
SWTOR when an important part of the game has become totally useless. Because this problem is not mentioned on the last list (november 20th) of "known issues" and should be known (and reproduced) by the developers I can only
conclude they DON'T GIVE A DAMM.

Cerimon
11.26.2012 , 09:26 AM | #2 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Greetings Kengas,

This is an issue we are aware of and are working to rectify. We expect a fix to be available via a game patch in an upcoming maintenance.

We apologize for any inconvenience caused and thank you for playing Star Wars: The Old Republic

Cerimon | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support

Lustephelon
11.26.2012 , 01:10 PM | #3
then isn't the question.. When did you become aware of it and why hasn't it been on the known issues list?

The idea of those known issue lists being in part to let us the customer know what you are or have scheduled to work on so we don't keep reporting it as a new issue and flooding your already overloaded CS staff with new reports.

Personally I think that particular posting should be updated almost daily as you find and mark things, instead it always seems like random listing of some bugs just to show you noticed things were not perfect.

symke
11.27.2012 , 02:22 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Lustephelon View Post
then isn't the question.. When did you become aware of it and why hasn't it been on the known issues list?

The idea of those known issue lists being in part to let us the customer know what you are or have scheduled to work on so we don't keep reporting it as a new issue and flooding your already overloaded CS staff with new reports.

Personally I think that particular posting should be updated almost daily as you find and mark things, instead it always seems like random listing of some bugs just to show you noticed things were not perfect.
I got infraction for this kind of post made by myself, so watch it.
It looks like their incompetence to put a known issue into the list of other known issues is preventing them to read as well.

Thaiyanen
11.29.2012 , 09:23 AM | #5
Synthweaving does it too.

Learned a blue might belt that disappeared. Then made it again - disappeared again.

Learned a willpower purple - then that disappeared when I logged off then on again.

Ya... pretty pissed. The make a note on the login screen telling us that the text of ___ is wrong - why can't they put a note about crafting being bugged and they're working on it. UGH!

Frustrating! At least my toon from months ago still has all of her schematics. Now wondering if all those purple schematics that my husband learned yesterday will still be there today.

BounceDK
12.05.2012 , 05:25 AM | #6
Just lost all my purple schematics .. Any fix incoming soon? And how do we restore all the lost ones when this is fixed? I'm not going to start from scratch that's for damn sure.

symke
12.05.2012 , 06:51 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by BounceDK View Post
Just lost all my purple schematics .. Any fix incoming soon? And how do we restore all the lost ones when this is fixed? I'm not going to start from scratch that's for damn sure.
I think they are waiting for us to do just that. Looks like they don't know how to fix this bug or their own incompetence.