Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

An in-depth look at: Kreia


Aurbere's Avatar


Aurbere
11.26.2012 , 10:41 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by mefit View Post
Thanks again , was a good read . I liked it !

Have to say Keira's voice work was totally Awesome and probably the best in KotoR I and II .

I would like to point out that Sion could have been a Poorly skilled Jedi/Sithlord and still been feared because he just keeps coming at you . I found nothing special in his skill set or abilities other than he was immortal . I will say he played his part in KotoR II but I think in the Cut Scene where Nihilus puts him down like he was nothing , says Sion had no idea how to defend against anything and just took the beating till you either wore out or in Nihilus case seen that he would not be able to ware out .
I am not saying Sion is a bad character , just pointing out something I feel is important.
But It could be alittle Biased because as soon as I seen Nihilus , I was like ..........."DUDE , that is one sick looking Sithloard" , think I was 25 at the time the game was announced and to be honest then I use to play KotoR through and through once a month every Month from when it came out till KotoR II .By far my Favorite RPGs to this day !
Yeah. I think KOTOR II introduced some of the coolest villains in Star Wars. Just looking at Nihilus, you can tell that he's awesome. Sion looks like a beast, but he seems to have been on the wrong end of a lightsaber too many times.

And Kreia. She's a puzzle. I consider her the Palpatine of KOTOR II. She created this scheme that was so complicated that it took time to complete sort it out. Using Nihilus and Sion as bait for the Jedi, while she acts in the shadows, genius. Great character.
Added Chapter 29 to The Shadows Fall
"My ultimate goal is the secret of life-that life that gives us consciousness, for without consciousness each of us is nothing. Through science, i will create new life and sustain my own. There is no reason Darth Plagueis could not live forever."

MasterMe's Avatar


MasterMe
11.26.2012 , 11:01 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Aurbere View Post
Yeah. I think KOTOR II introduced some of the coolest villains in Star Wars. Just looking at Nihilus, you can tell that he's awesome. Sion looks like a beast, but he seems to have been on the wrong end of a lightsaber too many times.

And Kreia. She's a puzzle. I consider her the Palpatine of KOTOR II. She created this scheme that was so complicated that it took time to complete sort it out. Using Nihilus and Sion as bait for the Jedi, while she acts in the shadows, genius. Great character.
You really hit the nail on the head there. KOTOR 2 was the deepest Star Wars story I've seen. I'll go as far as to say that it is my favorite Star Wars story I've EVER seen.

I'll always be a Revanite, but KOTOR 2 is where it's at.

Aurbere's Avatar


Aurbere
11.26.2012 , 11:08 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by MasterMe View Post
You really hit the nail on the head there. KOTOR 2 was the deepest Star Wars story I've seen. I'll go as far as to say that it is my favorite Star Wars story I've EVER seen.

I'll always be a Revanite, but KOTOR 2 is where it's at.
What's great about KOTOR II is that they made a story that wasn't normal for Star Wars. It was very dark and challenged what you thought of Star Wars and everything surrounding it. At the time of its release, you didn't normally see something like that occur in Star Wars. Obsidian did an amazing job and made KOTOR II my favorite RPG.

I think Kreia kinda made the story though. While Nihilus was the main focus of the story, the main bad guy, Kreia really made the game great.
Added Chapter 29 to The Shadows Fall
"My ultimate goal is the secret of life-that life that gives us consciousness, for without consciousness each of us is nothing. Through science, i will create new life and sustain my own. There is no reason Darth Plagueis could not live forever."

MasterMe's Avatar


MasterMe
11.26.2012 , 11:32 AM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Aurbere View Post
What's great about KOTOR II is that they made a story that wasn't normal for Star Wars. It was very dark and challenged what you thought of Star Wars and everything surrounding it. At the time of its release, you didn't normally see something like that occur in Star Wars. Obsidian did an amazing job and made KOTOR II my favorite RPG.

I think Kreia kinda made the story though. While Nihilus was the main focus of the story, the main bad guy, Kreia really made the game great.
And that, my friend, is why KOTOR 2 would make a great set of movies.

I think Disney should look into making movies of the Exar Kun stuff, Revan stuff, and Exile stuff. I'd be a lot like the setting of the movies. There's just so much cool stuff going on that you could make a trilogy, go back and make a prequel trilogy, and sequel trilogy. There's just so many neat characters and content there. Disney would be wise (imo) to set there roots in that setting and start building ideas there.

Sorry. This has been off topic.

Aurbere's Avatar


Aurbere
11.26.2012 , 11:37 AM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by MasterMe View Post
And that, my friend, is why KOTOR 2 would make a great set of movies.

I think Disney should look into making movies of the Exar Kun stuff, Revan stuff, and Exile stuff. I'd be a lot like the setting of the movies. There's just so much cool stuff going on that you could make a trilogy, go back and make a prequel trilogy, and sequel trilogy. There's just so many neat characters and content there. Disney would be wise (imo) to set there roots in that setting and start building ideas there.

Sorry. This has been off topic.
I would actually prefer an Exar Kun movie over anything else. He's awesome.

Now if they did make movies set before the prequels, I would hazard a guess to say that they would most likely re-write most of it. If we see the same thing happen with Episode VII then that might be the case. Time will tell.

Anyway. Back on topic.

After going back through Kreia's life, I can say that she isn't crazy. She knew what she was doing, but she had a few screws loose. You can't really blame her as she's been betrayed by everyone she meets.
Added Chapter 29 to The Shadows Fall
"My ultimate goal is the secret of life-that life that gives us consciousness, for without consciousness each of us is nothing. Through science, i will create new life and sustain my own. There is no reason Darth Plagueis could not live forever."

Beniboybling's Avatar


Beniboybling
11.26.2012 , 11:37 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Aurbere View Post
She had taken up the title of Darth Traya, but that might have been, more than anything, her choice to do so and not reflective how she really felt. We all know that she was Dark Side. At least, what she planned to do would be Dark Side. I think she had fallen to the Dark Side, but didn't consider herself Sith. She considered herself above the Sith, in a way, for she was using them to accomplish her ultimate goal
Dark Side definitely, but by definition - not Sith, Jedi or any group of Forces users. After all, dark side and light side you don't have much choice him. But the rest are just sects, groups, philosophies - If you deny being in one you categorically can't be in one. Kreia was set apart, in her hatred of the Force she developed a new philosophy - unfortunately she didn't have many followers... :P
Quote:
Arren Kae? I don't know. Kae was a Jedi that fought in the Mandalorian Wars with Revan. Her and Kreia have similarities in their backstory. The similarities are definitely there, but, if we are referring to them being the same person, I can't comment or speculate. There is one glaring flaw in this comparison: Kae fought in the War, but Kreia did not (so she says ). For now though, we can say that they were both Jedi Historians and were both exiled for teaching Revan.
In my head canon, she is Arren Kae. Everything slots into place, even that part about the war. After all Master Kavar said 'I thought you'd died in the Mandalorian Wars!" To which she replies "Die? No. Grew stronger. Yes." Heavily suggesting she did participate.

Personally I think Kreia is not her real name, but an alias in which she hid from the Jedi and perhaps the Sith - if they knew her true identity as Arren Kae AKA Darth Traya - they would kill her on sight. But hey, thats just my opinion.

Beniboybling's Avatar


Beniboybling
11.26.2012 , 11:40 AM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Aurbere View Post
After going back through Kreia's life, I can say that she isn't crazy. She knew what she was doing, but she had a few screws loose. You can't really blame her as she's been betrayed by everyone she meets.
Perhaps her cage has been rattled a little. But that only makes her bitter and twisted. Insanity is a point of view after all, Kreia believed in something opposed to what everyone else in the galaxy believed - so she is defined as a few bolts short of a droid. But back in the old days I'm sure they called the guy who said the Earth was round insane as well!

Aurbere's Avatar


Aurbere
11.26.2012 , 11:43 AM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Beniboybling View Post
Dark Side definitely, but by definition - not Sith, Jedi or any group of Forces users. After all, dark side and light side you don't have much choice him. But the rest are just sects, groups, philosophies - If you deny being in one you categorically can't be in one. Kreia was set apart, in her hatred of the Force she developed a new philosophy - unfortunately she didn't have many followers... :P
In my head canon, she is Arren Kae. Everything slots into place, even that part about the war. After all Master Kavar said 'I thought you'd died in the Mandalorian Wars!" To which she replies "Die? No. Grew stronger. Yes." Heavily suggesting she did participate.

Personally I think Kreia is not her real name, but an alias in which she hid from the Jedi and perhaps the Sith - if they knew her true identity as Arren Kae AKA Darth Traya - they would kill her on sight. But hey, thats just my opinion.
To say that she is Sith would actually be an insult to her, I think. She set herself apart from the normal Jedi vs. Sith battle and created her own ideal. And no offense, but what she planned to do was out there. Really far out there.

I don't know if they are the same person. I wouldn't be surprised if they were, but right now we have evidence suggesting they are the same, but it is yet to be confirmed. That would suck for Brianna, though.
Added Chapter 29 to The Shadows Fall
"My ultimate goal is the secret of life-that life that gives us consciousness, for without consciousness each of us is nothing. Through science, i will create new life and sustain my own. There is no reason Darth Plagueis could not live forever."

Aurbere's Avatar


Aurbere
11.26.2012 , 11:45 AM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Beniboybling View Post
Perhaps her cage has been rattled a little. But that only makes her bitter and twisted. Insanity is a point of view after all, Kreia believed in something opposed to what everyone else in the galaxy believed - so she is defined as a few bolts short of a droid. But back in the old days I'm sure they called the guy who said the Earth was round insane as well!
That they did. As I said, it would be wrong to call her insane. Her philosophy? yes. But not her. Maybe she's just misunderstood. She is motivated, we can give her that.
Added Chapter 29 to The Shadows Fall
"My ultimate goal is the secret of life-that life that gives us consciousness, for without consciousness each of us is nothing. Through science, i will create new life and sustain my own. There is no reason Darth Plagueis could not live forever."

Beniboybling's Avatar


Beniboybling
11.26.2012 , 11:48 AM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Aurbere View Post
That they did. As I said, it would be wrong to call her insane. Her philosophy? yes. But not her. Maybe she's just misunderstood. She is motivated, we can give her that.
Whaaaatever! Go join the Flat Earth Society already!

Just you wait, in a few hundred years time - the whole galaxy will be chanting, DEATH TO THE FORCE!