Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Gamebreaking behaviour within hardmode flashpoints

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Flashpoints, Operations, and Heroic Missions
Gamebreaking behaviour within hardmode flashpoints

AidanLightwalker's Avatar


AidanLightwalker
11.25.2012 , 03:19 PM | #41
Quote: Originally Posted by LarryRow View Post
For every group you get that wants to skip all of Battle of Ilum, I get Directive 7 or False Emperor where you basically have to kill it all. Just deal

Gearing up through FPs is waste of time anyway. Grab your recruit set and hit up the SM ops. More level 56 than you can shake a lightsaber at.
This is assuming someone has a guild or group to run with. I've tryed getting a jump on one of my toons this way, and news flash, if yoj think group finder is filled with noobs, hop into story mode ops sometime. Its got twice as many, takes 3 times as long and most of the time isn't even completed. And every tom, blank and harry are in there with recruit gear and it has fail written all over it. There is a thread on these forums about the increase of people with recruit gear queing for LI HM and the headaches that is causing. Why would someone want to do this, specially if people can't be bothered to down bosses in hm fp?.
Even the smallest of light sources can light up the darkness.
Nyren - Combat Sentinel Ewenn - Shield Vanguard
Kyrenn - Scoundrel SawbonesSyrenn - Telekinetics Sage

AidanLightwalker's Avatar


AidanLightwalker
11.25.2012 , 03:28 PM | #42
Quote: Originally Posted by todorovh View Post
Name ONE flashpoint which drops 14 Tionese Commendations ( or actually 28 as you claim ) per RUN.
I beleive its 2 per boss and in combination of completing the daily. You get close. Don't really want to much effort into thinking of every boss in all the fp, but you get the just.
Even the smallest of light sources can light up the darkness.
Nyren - Combat Sentinel Ewenn - Shield Vanguard
Kyrenn - Scoundrel SawbonesSyrenn - Telekinetics Sage

AidanLightwalker's Avatar


AidanLightwalker
11.25.2012 , 04:44 PM | #43
And if you factor in the weekly comms as well, its like 1 on the fifst daily with extras, 2 on the second with extras and then almost 3 on the third after daily and weekly comms gained. averaged out, 2 per run, give or take...

And of coarse, you have to do the bonus boss as eell
Even the smallest of light sources can light up the darkness.
Nyren - Combat Sentinel Ewenn - Shield Vanguard
Kyrenn - Scoundrel SawbonesSyrenn - Telekinetics Sage

LarryRow's Avatar


LarryRow
11.26.2012 , 08:26 AM | #44
Quote: Originally Posted by AidanLightwalker View Post
This is assuming someone has a guild or group to run with. I've tryed getting a jump on one of my toons this way, and news flash, if yoj think group finder is filled with noobs, hop into story mode ops sometime. Its got twice as many, takes 3 times as long and most of the time isn't even completed. And every tom, blank and harry are in there with recruit gear and it has fail written all over it. There is a thread on these forums about the increase of people with recruit gear queing for LI HM and the headaches that is causing. Why would someone want to do this, specially if people can't be bothered to down bosses in hm fp?.
But I don't think Group Finder is filled with noobs. Wipes are extremely rare, and I can't remember the last time we didn't complete the content (maybe LI HM pre patch)

Last time I used GF for story mode ops, it was fine. Sometimes groups fall apart when people DC, or people are just not coordinated enough to do the droid boss in Karaggas, but the risk/reward is worth it IMO. Plenty of people queue who don't need gear because they like the content or want the comms. Plenty of guilds use it when they don't have 8 people and you can sometimes piggy back with them.

Just put yourself in the queue while you are running all those missions on Belsavis, Ilum and Black Hole as a new 50 and you will get a pop. More than likely you will walk out with some gear.

And it doesn't change the overall fact that it's more efficient and more polite to skip unnecessary content in HM FPs
A classic sig that should not be lost:
Quote:
Stunned , pew pew hack slash , stunned , running backward circles, stunned cannot move, pew pew, break stun, 30 second snare, wha?!?!!? stunned, knockdown, ...less stun more pew pew and hacknslash please.

AidanLightwalker's Avatar


AidanLightwalker
11.26.2012 , 10:37 AM | #45
Quote: Originally Posted by LarryRow View Post
But I don't think Group Finder is filled with noobs. Wipes are extremely rare, and I can't remember the last time we didn't complete the content (maybe LI HM pre patch)

Last time I used GF for story mode ops, it was fine. Sometimes groups fall apart when people DC, or people are just not coordinated enough to do the droid boss in Karaggas, but the risk/reward is worth it IMO. Plenty of people queue who don't need gear because they like the content or want the comms. Plenty of guilds use it when they don't have 8 people and you can sometimes piggy back with them.

Just put yourself in the queue while you are running all those missions on Belsavis, Ilum and Black Hole as a new 50 and you will get a pop. More than likely you will walk out with some gear.

And it doesn't change the overall fact that it's more efficient and more polite to skip unnecessary content in HM FPs

Larry, thats because there are people like you and me running around in those groups sometimes. We are the exception and not the rule. We have to play over the top to compensate for noobs. You know it, I know it, and every decent player out there who's had to do it knows it as well.

I was just in a D7 with 3 noobs the other day. All jacked up gear, poor group skills and pvp mind set written all over them. They all died at least 4, thats 4 times! I never died onced. I aas on my sentinel (all campaign with some dread, 20k plus hp). I killed numerous groups that they pulled and wiped on while trying to skip. I cced droids and killed thrm myself lol. I acted as the tank on at least 2 of the boss fights. The vangaurd tank started every pull with motar volley (so slow and lol what? I have a geared vangaudd tank as well).

Fact of the matter is, thdse people are every where and It's not fun to have to throw them on my back and carry them through. Maybe if people stopped skipping soooo much, these people would actually learn how to play.
Even the smallest of light sources can light up the darkness.
Nyren - Combat Sentinel Ewenn - Shield Vanguard
Kyrenn - Scoundrel SawbonesSyrenn - Telekinetics Sage

GalnarDegana's Avatar


GalnarDegana
11.26.2012 , 11:23 AM | #46
First off, if someone asks, I won't skip bosses. I will always insist on skipping trash and bonus at level 50, since it doesn't really drop anything good.

As a person who has 5 level 50s, I really don't want to do all of the bosses, nor do I have the time. I want to get geared with Columi, not Xenotech. I have no issues running HM after HM getting the gear at the end.

Be happy that people are really only wanting to run these for comms. You do realize that, generally, that leaves the drop at the end for you to Need on when everyone else Greeds, guaranteeing you better gear than all of the gear that could have dropped. In fact, that means that you might only have to run 6-8 Flashpoints to get fully geared with Columi pieces.

I would suggest a "carrot" instead of the "stick" that everyone keeps saying of making the FP only complete if the bosses are all dead. Make the bosses worth killing. Make them drop even better items or a ton of cash. Heck, upgrade the HM FPs with the mini-bosses dropping Columi and the final boss dropping Rakata. Might as well match the power creep. Or just stick the awesome crafting materials in the mini-bosses. Anything to incentivize the player instead of penalizing them.

Quote: Originally Posted by AidanLightwalker View Post
Fact of the matter is, thdse people are every where and It's not fun to have to throw them on my back and carry them through. Maybe if people stopped skipping soooo much, these people would actually learn how to play.
This is true, but unfortunately, you will just wipe on the trash or the extra bosses, instead of just wiping on the un-skippable bosses over and over again.

Quote: Originally Posted by cheddarisbetter View Post
So according you you group finder tool is reserved for speed runs. Why don't you use gen chat for your comm runs and let us find a group. Pretty sure that's what it is used for...
It all comes down to the fact that the GF is not meant to merge all playstyles. If you want people of your playstyle specifically, then the best thing is to advertise for it on Fleet and then queue using the GF to get the comms at the end.

Now as to what the general feeling should be on the speed runs vs. the full runs, you have to just feel that out for your group. I have been lucky generally that people want to go ahead and speed run it. I would just encourage people to be courteous. Period.

Fiamma_Verde's Avatar


Fiamma_Verde
11.26.2012 , 12:47 PM | #47
Quote: Originally Posted by AidanLightwalker View Post
Fact of the matter is, thdse people are every where and It's not fun to have to throw them on my back and carry them through. Maybe if people stopped skipping soooo much, these people would actually learn how to play.
This. So many players are decked out in bh, or columi gear just from dashing through the dailies (I did the same thing myself on my first toon, and you can really tell) withought ever learning how to do pulls properly, or really getting the team is supposed to function, or how to pay attention to boss mechanics while fulfilling their rolls. A little practice would do wonders.

AidanLightwalker's Avatar


AidanLightwalker
11.26.2012 , 03:31 PM | #48
Quote: Originally Posted by Fiamma_Verde View Post
This. So many players are decked out in bh, or columi gear just from dashing through the dailies (I did the same thing myself on my first toon, and you can really tell) withought ever learning how to do pulls properly, or really getting the team is supposed to function, or how to pay attention to boss mechanics while fulfilling their rolls. A little practice would do wonders.
I have been in groups where almost everyone is in at least bh gear cause they all had 18k plus hp and decided to try the bonus boss (droid) in koan under seige. Now, I KNOW how to do this fight, did it with the guild when I was in all columi, but this group wipe twice on him before saying forget it, lets just finish this thing. You know how sad that is?

These people got carried through flashpoints by people who where over geared and just wanted to run through the instance. And it's happened so many times that they too have some black hole gear from daily run comms. As long as there are rewards for people who out gear an instance, we will continue to see this trend. Cause in the end, why should the person who out gears the instance care about anything in there or the other people in there? The prize for them is at the end of the race and thats all they care about. It's a shame because all this does is hurt the people who really need to be there.
Even the smallest of light sources can light up the darkness.
Nyren - Combat Sentinel Ewenn - Shield Vanguard
Kyrenn - Scoundrel SawbonesSyrenn - Telekinetics Sage

AidanLightwalker's Avatar


AidanLightwalker
11.26.2012 , 03:38 PM | #49
And I knew this was going to happen when they introduced the group finder. Before the group finder, people who brought the group down where either kicked from the group or had to figue out how to actually play. Once the group finder got here and bioware dangled the carrot in front of everyone, the daily bh comms, and people where forced to carry everyone else through them. People are so tired of carrying everyone through them, that they rush and skip everything. Its a vicious cycle. People are either going to have to make a conscientious effort to change this, or this cycle will just continue...
Even the smallest of light sources can light up the darkness.
Nyren - Combat Sentinel Ewenn - Shield Vanguard
Kyrenn - Scoundrel SawbonesSyrenn - Telekinetics Sage

todorovh's Avatar


todorovh
11.26.2012 , 07:25 PM | #50
Quote: Originally Posted by AidanLightwalker View Post
I beleive its 2 per boss and in combination of completing the daily. You get close. Don't really want to much effort into thinking of every boss in all the fp, but you get the just.
You 're mixing up tionese COMMENDATIONS and tionese CRYSTALS .. the latter you get plenty of .. commendations you get ONE for completing a HM flashpoint.