Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Dread Guard Relic BiS?


AshlaBoga's Avatar


AshlaBoga
11.23.2012 , 06:02 PM | #101
My only gripe with the Dread Guard Relic of Emphereal Mending is that the Elite War Hero Relic of Boundless Ages (120 Power) gives me more situational control.

I'm sure that if the DG Relic of EM always procced on the two tanks in my 8 man that it would be the clear winner, but I can't control who it procs on right? So I guess I could take advantage of when it procs on a tank to start healing more raid wide damage, but much the damage in a fight like NiM Z&T is hard (at least for me) to predict.

Should I upgrade my War Hero Relic of BA to the Elite version? Or should I buy the DG Relic of EM now?
Typhojem Legacy, Jung Ma server
VICIOUS
Lord of Corruption

AidanLightwalker's Avatar


AidanLightwalker
11.24.2012 , 04:49 PM | #102
Im not sure about healing, but for pve the dread gaurd is still better than the elite warhero. 120 power per secon vs 134.5. Now for pvp, the elite will be better due to its expertise allocation. It seems bioware has figured out how to make pvp and pve relics content appropriate for dps specs. It's about time lol.
Even the smallest of light sources can light up the darkness.
Nyren - Combat Sentinel Ewenn - Shield Vanguard
Kyrenn - Scoundrel SawbonesSyrenn - Telekinetics Sage

Kronos_MK's Avatar


Kronos_MK
11.24.2012 , 05:44 PM | #103
I ve read what everyone has said up til this point (thank you also, btw, great content) and I have 1 or 2 questions based on these conclusions.

C. It has been confirmed that if you have a dps class that has armor penetration, then the kinetic/energy relic is better than the internal/elemental relic.

Q. But is this true for a Carnage Marauder who gets (Gore) 100% armor penetration for 4.5 seconds every 15 seconds during a fight?

C. It has been confirmed that the dot based specs like a Pyrotech Powertech would get the most benefit from the DG relic of boundless ages and the DG internal proc relic.

Q. But for that same dps class with a talent for main stat increase (9% increase) on aim for example, since alot of guys use the matrix cube over the warhero relic (ie. because main stat is superior to power cus of the talent), is the DG internal proc relic still better than the Matrix cube? (based on the assumption that the DG Boundless Ages relic is superior to the DG internal Proc relic in general)

I apologize in advance if this is so simple its not worth my asking but i havent read anything here yet to make it too self-explanatory, so thus the inquiry.

AidanLightwalker's Avatar


AidanLightwalker
11.24.2012 , 07:44 PM | #104
Quote: Originally Posted by Kronos_MK View Post
I ve read what everyone has said up til this point (thank you also, btw, great content) and I have 1 or 2 questions based on these conclusions.

C. It has been confirmed that if you have a dps class that has armor penetration, then the kinetic/energy relic is better than the internal/elemental relic.

Q. But is this true for a Carnage Marauder who gets (Gore) 100% armor penetration for 4.5 seconds every 15 seconds during a fight?

C. It has been confirmed that the dot based specs like a Pyrotech Powertech would get the most benefit from the DG relic of boundless ages and the DG internal proc relic.

Q. But for that same dps class with a talent for main stat increase (9% increase) on aim for example, since alot of guys use the matrix cube over the warhero relic (ie. because main stat is superior to power cus of the talent), is the DG internal proc relic still better than the Matrix cube? (based on the assumption that the DG Boundless Ages relic is superior to the DG internal Proc relic in general)

I apologize in advance if this is so simple its not worth my asking but i havent read anything here yet to make it too self-explanatory, so thus the inquiry.
For Q, this is a good question. THEORETICALLY- if we do the math on gore/precision strike, thats 4.5 seconds every 15 seconds making it 4.5/15 = 0.3 or 30%, judt like the mercs. Now its argueable that even though the ration is 30%, it only happens once (4.5 sec) in a window of 15 seconds. And since the relic CAN proc once every 4.5 seconds, you could get one in that window, or none througb out the 15 second window. IF one does get through thou, it would be for 100% penetration vs the merc 30%. I know I've personally seen some proc for over 500 pts.

Do these windows even out? Im not sure right now. I will have to run the numbers more in depth later.
Even the smallest of light sources can light up the darkness.
Nyren - Combat Sentinel Ewenn - Shield Vanguard
Kyrenn - Scoundrel SawbonesSyrenn - Telekinetics Sage

AidanLightwalker's Avatar


AidanLightwalker
11.24.2012 , 08:01 PM | #105
And ghe 500pts of damage is possible. I have a surge rating of very close (very close lol) 79% and I believe the proc is 280. If crited, under gore/precision slash, 280 * .78 = 221.2, 221.2 + 280 = 501.2
Even the smallest of light sources can light up the darkness.
Nyren - Combat Sentinel Ewenn - Shield Vanguard
Kyrenn - Scoundrel SawbonesSyrenn - Telekinetics Sage

NaNoZmX's Avatar


NaNoZmX
11.25.2012 , 08:56 PM | #106
Quote: Originally Posted by schnopsnosn View Post
I'm not sure.
Did they ever fix the Crit-chance-bug on the internal-version?
What bug are you refering to? I'd want to know because I have the internal one and i noticed that the crit% for the relic didn't match any of my crit% (melee or force)

Does the crit% of the relics are affected by the Juyo stacks (+15% crit chance for bleeds @5stacks)? (I assume it doesn't because the talent in the spec says "Your bleed effects..." and I think that the proc from the relic isn't considered as a bleed)
And as a warrior i have 30% crit melee and 37% crit force, which crit% determines the crit chance of the relic? Can I expect 30 or 37% crit for it? (I know that attacks types have no relations with damages types, that's why i ask which crit% will be taken into account)

For the record I did a few tests (~10), and the relic procs every 5.7sec (so this is OK), but i was quite disapointed when i saw that it only crits for ~21-23%. My tests were done on the ops dummy during 10 minutes each time and none had 30% crit chance on the relic effect.

I haven't enough comms to buy the elemental one for the moment in order to test this so if someone have tested it I would be glad to know how it looks.

PS: sorry for my bad english
Frog
S&V 16-HM 7/7 (11/04/13)
Eterna - Marauder / Zmx - Sorcerer - Darth Nihilus
Site

Aurojiin's Avatar


Aurojiin
11.25.2012 , 09:12 PM | #107
Quote: Originally Posted by AshlaBoga View Post
Should I upgrade my War Hero Relic of BA to the Elite version? Or should I buy the DG Relic of EM now?
Mending relics are only optimal for Shadow/Sin tanks.

They're quite terrible for healers. Stick with the Dread Guard and EWH Boundless Ages relics.
Aisev -:- Seer Sage Si'ki -:- Darkness Assassin

RyanTwoDeeTwo's Avatar


RyanTwoDeeTwo
11.26.2012 , 07:52 AM | #108
So what would be the best relics for a Combat Medic Commando now please? I currently use a War Hero Relic of Boundless Ages and a Matrix Cube.

dipstik's Avatar


dipstik
11.26.2012 , 05:45 PM | #109
Quote: Originally Posted by RyanTwoDeeTwo View Post
So what would be the best relics for a Combat Medic Commando now please? I currently use a War Hero Relic of Boundless Ages and a Matrix Cube.
elite war hero (power) and on use power DG

CrixusBoR's Avatar


CrixusBoR
11.27.2012 , 10:51 AM | #110
Some very interesting analysis in this thread.

Just trying to work out what's best for my Gunslinger. Say, in a DF build, do any of these % chance additional damage Relics count as bleeds? (just wondering, that, if so, and it crits, would it help restore additional energy with the talent skill "Fighting Spirit"? Apologies if this has already been answered. Thanks!