Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Premades go for Ranked plz, not for normal wz

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Server Forums > Tomb of Freedon Nadd
Premades go for Ranked plz, not for normal wz

Masarko
11.26.2012 , 05:51 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Xanas View Post
I can't agree with this. Normals should be for people to que solo and gear up and then form premades and go ranked.
Normals should be for the more casual players and when people are gearing up, you actualy think you can find premades when you don't have good gear? Even if you do its going to be a bad one.
Another problem is that it stops people from playing (casual and first timers).

Coming from WoW (yeah i know) and getting back a month or so back and leveling a sage to 50 (having a blast in pvp) and then getting to 50 and ending up FARMED AT THE START SITE over and over as i was tring to gear up (you know how much fun it is to get pulled by shadows (imps version) and bounty hunters inside the team and killed over and over?) Almost made me quit the damn game... I left the game some 3 monts after it was launched as it has horible pvp lag and ability delay but now i got back... Thing is with this premades... Its just BS. This is also not about bad gear as i started with recruit + 4 pieces of next tier i belive. Also as a sage i kept back and nuked. Not a problem with people killing me because of gear diference but because of premades and comptly somping on us (not all the time obviously). I am used to fresh max level = bad in pvp.

Oh and don't give me "we all had to go trough this" as this is not a valid response. We should look at how we can improve the game not expose more people to this nonsense.

Now don't get me wrong i don't see a problem with quing with a friend or 2 but that is about it.

normals - for casuals and people leveling up(gear) or just having some fun (also no forming premades and stomping on pugs is not included in "fun")
Ranked - teams to form premades and do ranked pvp for better rewards and status.
So queueing with 2 friends aka 3man group is fine?
Does it automaticly become illegal if the 2 other friends are in the same guild?

I guess we have to leave our guild and group up guildless and fool you Solo RP stoops ?

I dont see why youre complaining about premades nowadays, there has been premades running for a loooong time, did you suddenly get tired of it now?

and yes stomping people in recruit is fun, columi is even funnier, dont even deny it. Once you see a 14k sage/sorc you auto tunnelvision it

Xanas
11.26.2012 , 05:58 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Masarko View Post
So queueing with 2 friends aka 3man group is fine?
Does it automaticly become illegal if the 2 other friends are in the same guild?

I guess we have to leave our guild and group up guildless and fool you Solo RP stoops ?

I dont see why youre complaining about premades nowadays, there has been premades running for a loooong time, did you suddenly get tired of it now?

and yes stomping people in recruit is fun, columi is even funnier, dont even deny it. Once you see a 14k sage/sorc you auto tunnelvision it
No mate, just got back to this game and after ending up FARMED at the start location (where you get off the speeder) over and over and pulled in by shadows(imps version) and BH in the main group (this is just an example for alderan civil war) and killed over and over and over makes me what to quit the game. This is going to happen to all the people getting back now with FTP option(sub included as i have that to) or people that get to 50 with FTP option and do those 5 games.... Not even going into if they will buy more WZ time... How many people do you think are going to stick around? Why do you think this game got to be FTP? This stuff is BAD,very BAD for the game...

But yes i don't know what the option is. BW should figure something up AS THAT IS WHY I PAY FOR THIS GAME.... Problem is this is just ruining the game. Go in PVP section and see how many pages with this problem is.

I myself qued with friends in WoW in BG's but this was NEVER a problem there. Perhaps the smaller teams here or something like that... I don't know but some of the experince i had with premades almost made me quit the game and that is not good for the game itself as i have a LOT of patience... Consider what other people are going to do...

Anyway i do belive i QQ'ed enough and annoyed people enough with this... I just wanted to point to something that is detrimental to this game...

PS. I stoped playing this game 3 months in because the horible ability delay and PVP lag. Had a Guardian back then but now i leveld a sage, had a BLAST in pvp from 10 to 49 and did a TON of pvp.

TheDarthCerberus
11.26.2012 , 06:26 AM | #23
No mate, just got back to this game and after ending up FARMED at the start location (where you get off the speeder) over and over and pulled in by shadows(imps version) and BH in the main group (this is just an example for alderan civil war) and killed over and over and over makes me what to quit the game. This is going to happen to all the people getting back now with FTP option(sub included as i have that to) or people that get to 50 with FTP option and do those 5 games.... Not even going into if they will buy more WZ time... How many people do you think are going to stick around? Why do you think this game got to be FTP? This stuff is BAD,very BAD for the game...

But yes i don't know what the option is. BW should figure something up AS THAT IS WHY I PAY FOR THIS GAME.... Problem is this is just ruining the game. Go in PVP section and see how many pages with this problem is.

I myself qued with friends in WoW in BG's but this was NEVER a problem there. Perhaps the smaller teams here or something like that... I don't know but some of the experince i had with premades almost made me quit the game and that is not good for the game itself as i have a LOT of patience... Consider what other people are going to do...

Anyway i do belive i QQ'ed enough and annoyed people enough with this... I just wanted to point to something that is detrimental to this game...

PS. I stoped playing this game 3 months in because the horible ability delay and PVP lag. Had a Guardian back then but now i leveld a sage, had a BLAST in pvp from 10 to 49 and did a TON of pvp.
Its a pvp server, g.t.f.o

Xanas
11.26.2012 , 06:49 AM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by TheDarthCerberus View Post
Its a pvp server, g.t.f.o
I hope you are not serious... If this si a pvp server or not its irrelevant to the problem of the curent matchmaking system... This is like stating its football and putting Barcelona vs a schoolyard team...

Now in the future before posting something stop and think...

Memo-
11.26.2012 , 07:09 AM | #25
No mate, just got back to this game and after ending up FARMED at the start location (where you get off the speeder) over and over and pulled in by shadows(imps version) and BH in the main group (this is just an example for alderan civil war) and killed over and over and over makes me what to quit the game.
Then why do you keep walking to them? You can choose to go to west from the spawn, surely they aren't camping both entrances. And no attacks reach that far that they could touch you before you are about to enter mid. And while they are camping the spawners, they are losing on players to watch their nodes. Man up, come up with a strategy and get back at them.
Delarah | Stilva | Ethawn | Luccia | Tenori | Weimar | Baritoni | Altto
Maliris | Faris | Jauhe | Sopraano | Všli | Rai'chu | Bas'so | Rai'jin
The Lihavuori Legacy | <Lice-Ridden Banthas> <Reilukerho> | Tomb of Freedon Nadd

Xanas
11.26.2012 , 07:24 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Memo- View Post
Then why do you keep walking to them? You can choose to go to west from the spawn, surely they aren't camping both entrances. And no attacks reach that far that they could touch you before you are about to enter mid. And while they are camping the spawners, they are losing on players to watch their nodes. Man up, come up with a strategy and get back at them.
When was the last time you had to face something like this? You can't KILL anybody... If you jump down you are dead in seconds.
Try this, change whatever gear you have with recruit and some BM pieces then do the same with just about the entire team you have, keep it pug and then go and try to fight augmented WH people. Healers and all. I don't whant you to WIN i whant you to KILL 1 man. Its IMPOSIBLE. Anybody from that team was 2-3 shooting us. This where PRO people... Using better tactics? Yeah right.

Its like puting a little kid with the best boxer in the world in the ring and stating if he used tactics he could win...

DarthSeraph
11.26.2012 , 07:28 AM | #27
Im not even a dedicated pvp player as I mainly prefer pve.

But come on lets be honest it isnt that hard to get gear in this game at all.

The ability to group up with guildies or friends has been an option since the game came out.
As one of the previous posters said some guilds dont have that many dedicated pvp'ers they only have a handful and when they are all on they group up so they make the chance of winning that little bit better.

So if your moaning about premades in normals grow some balls and take the beatings.
Destruů | Castellů | Spaa'ra
Marauder | Sentinel | Gunslinger

Xanas
11.26.2012 , 07:36 AM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthSeraph View Post
Im not even a dedicated pvp player as I mainly prefer pve.

But come on lets be honest it isnt that hard to get gear in this game at all.

The ability to group up with guildies or friends has been an option since the game came out.
As one of the previous posters said some guilds dont have that many dedicated pvp'ers they only have a handful and when they are all on they group up so they make the chance of winning that little bit better.

So if your moaning about premades in normals grow some balls and take the beatings.
This is not about getting gear. This about a horible PVP system that would make a lot of people don't do it.

How many FTP getting to 50 and getting OWNED over and over and over and over are going to whant to but more PVP time? How many people that got a sub back curently (like me) are going to stick around when the curent PVP norm is find a premade get best gear and go stomp on pugs?

Go to pvp section and see how many pages we have on this problem. Casuals (THE HUGE MAJORITY) whant to get home, hope into pvp and have some fun. After a long day at work this is just a little bit of relaxing.. But what then? Get stomped over and over and over... Yes go ahead tell people to get guilds, find friends, get very good gear to be able to face this PRO PLAYERS(and have the skills to face them even with gear) with top of the line gear... NO WONDER this game whent FTP...
Why do you thing WoW is going good? Because people that just whant some fun CAN HAVE IT.

Of course we can keep having this system and have the game go down the sewer...

Memo-
11.26.2012 , 07:36 AM | #29
When was the last time you had to face something like this? You can't KILL anybody... If you jump down you are dead in seconds.
Try this, change whatever gear you have with recruit and some BM pieces then do the same with just about the entire team you have, keep it pug and then go and try to fight augmented WH people. Healers and all. I don't whant you to WIN i whant you to KILL 1 man. Its IMPOSIBLE. Anybody from that team was 2-3 shooting us. This where PRO people... Using better tactics? Yeah right.

Its like puting a little kid with the best boxer in the world in the ring and stating if he used tactics he could win...
I see it often actually, and the best way to act here is, AS I ALREADY SAID, to go to the other area from the spawn. They cannot pull you, they cannot damage you and you can go on about your business. YOU are killing the match by walking into the slaughter-house.

And as a matter of fact, I did face full WH-premades as mostly recruit just a while ago on my Sage, who, when she dinged 50, had only a War Hero-shirt, rest Recruit MK-2. And you know what? I did ok. I could hold nodes long enough for backup to arrive, I could offer the other DPS's some support (in this state I got 300K in a Voidstar) etc. What you have to understand is, that in full recruit VS. full WH you won't be that effective to take them down 1on1. But you CAN HELP THE TEAM. Until you get gear, play for the team, not for personal victories. -_-
Delarah | Stilva | Ethawn | Luccia | Tenori | Weimar | Baritoni | Altto
Maliris | Faris | Jauhe | Sopraano | Všli | Rai'chu | Bas'so | Rai'jin
The Lihavuori Legacy | <Lice-Ridden Banthas> <Reilukerho> | Tomb of Freedon Nadd

Xanas
11.26.2012 , 07:40 AM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Memo- View Post
I see it often actually, and the best way to act here is, AS I ALREADY SAID, to go to the other area from the spawn. They cannot pull you, they cannot damage you and you can go on about your business. YOU are killing the match by walking into the slaughter-house.

And as a matter of fact, I did face full WH-premades as mostly recruit just a while ago on my Sage, who, when she dinged 50, had only a War Hero-shirt, rest Recruit MK-2. And you know what? I did ok. I could hold nodes long enough for backup to arrive, I could offer the other DPS's some support (in this state I got 300K in a Voidstar) etc. What you have to understand is, that in full recruit VS. full WH you won't be that effective to take them down 1on1. But you CAN HELP THE TEAM. Until you get gear, play for the team, not for personal victories. -_-
Alderan civil war has 2 ways of getting down from the middle speeder. Both of them where covered. I could pull back out of LOS and just stay there but then i would end up with 0 medals... Would be way safer to just leave the game. I am not a damn noob. I have been doing PVP for a long time(other games) and did it from 10 to 49 on my sage. Got to 50 with rank 50 valor. I am not a damn idiot to fight in the middle.

I have no idea who you faced but not the players i did. I also play a sage, fully CC speced... Gues what? It does not matter 1 Mara or 1 jugg would eat me alive in 3 or so hits. Criting me with 7k+ fart bombs.

I did get premades that where not that good and we could fight back (lose badly but fight back) and yes i can handle myself by running and hiding behind my team and healing, using CC on healers and do damge from behind... Thing is that is another situation...