Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

An in-depth look at: Kreia

ZoeTuah
11.25.2012 , 07:32 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Aurbere View Post
I agree. Looking at her life you can feel sorry for her. Cast out by both Jedi and Sith, it really makes you feel sorry for her. She's such a great villain with real motivations. Not like Sion and Nihilus where it was like "Kill everything". While that was kind of what was going to happen with her plan, but it wasn't her intent.

Looking back at her, I gotta say that she's one of my favorite Star Wars villains.
Didn't care for Sion at all, but I loved Nihilus, primarily due to what he was in relation to Kreia's philosophies. In my eyes the game's story is about how the Force relates to our human emotions, and Nihilus plays an important role. He's not so much a person as much as a notion.

Aurbere
11.25.2012 , 07:36 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by ZoeTuah View Post
Didn't care for Sion at all, but I loved Nihilus, primarily due to what he was in relation to Kreia's philosophies. In my eyes the game's story is about how the Force relates to our human emotions, and Nihilus plays an important role. He's not so much a person as much as a notion.
Agreed. KOTOR II set forth ideas that made people think. While many of these ideas have been discredited in the grand scheme of things, they certainly make one think.
Added Chapter 29 to The Shadows Fall
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus

MasterMe
11.25.2012 , 08:10 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by OldVengeance View Post
Oh man, I feel like I just got done explaining why I feel like Kreia was a lunatic. I don't think I have the energy to go through it all again. Maybe I'll just sit this one out.
Well, as Aurbere said, I don't think she's insane. HOWEVER, I agree that not everything is right upstairs if you know what I mean.

MasterMe
11.25.2012 , 08:15 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by ZoeTuah View Post
Really? REALLY?? I thought Sion was great in so many senses of the word!
- he made you SUPER scared (don't deny it)
- he showed you how tormenting being a slave of the dark side can be
- his hatred is really impressive. For me, he was a really thought-provoking.
- (for me) he is the definition of a Sith

Aurbere: I realize you don't like Sion as much as I do, but I'd love it if you made a character thread on him.

Aurbere
11.25.2012 , 08:20 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by MasterMe View Post
Really? REALLY?? I thought Sion was great in so many senses of the word!
- he made you SUPER scared (don't deny it)
- he showed you how tormenting being a slave of the dark side can be
- his hatred is really impressive. For me, he was a really thought-provoking.
- (for me) he is the definition of a Sith

Aurbere: I realize you don't like Sion as much as I do, but I'd love it if you made a character thread on him.
I agree that Sion is a thought provoking character and is, in a way, a symbol. He had achieved some measure of immortality, but he had sacrificed himself to the Dark Side to do it. He had become a slave of the Dark Side. It took the power of love and the forgiveness from Meetra Surik to save him.

I would very much like to do a thread on Sion, but I have another character in the works first.
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus

lokdron
11.25.2012 , 08:49 PM | #16
Ah kriea one of my favourite sith masters well she does not consider herself sith but she acts like it. What I really liked is that kriea made playing DS more for filling(well kotor2 made playing DS awesome) she made you think about how to handle yourself. Follow her advice i ended up at dark side mastery plus I love the little dialouge change if you are dark side and spare the jedi masters. If you have to restoration patch kriea is even more awesome.

Plus my favourite quote of hers is in my sig.
You have seen it, you have felt it within you as you have traveled with me. The growing anger, the rage, and the power it brings. Yet the power does not build without struggle. Through small cruelties greater ones are born. Kriea/Darth Traya
Dark side eye topic make your voice heard if you want canon movie sith eyes!

BlazingShadow
11.26.2012 , 12:23 AM | #17
I disagree with calling her a Sith in the end. It is a title, but the title does not make the person.

I love the Sith Triumverate the most, out of ALL other sith lords, because they aren't canned bad guys or even, in my opinion, villains. To me, they were the embodiments of their namesake titles... closer to natural forces than actual Sith. Especially Nihilus... he was driven by hunger, by his nature, by necessity.

Beniboybling
11.26.2012 , 03:15 AM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by BlazingShadow View Post
I disagree with calling her a Sith in the end. It is a title, but the title does not make the person.

I love the Sith Triumverate the most, out of ALL other sith lords, because they aren't canned bad guys or even, in my opinion, villains. To me, they were the embodiments of their namesake titles... closer to natural forces than actual Sith. Especially Nihilus... he was driven by hunger, by his nature, by necessity.
I agree with you completely, you can say she was a Sith all along and that she was just kidding herself. But ultimately, much like the Son said on mortis, Sith is a title, but it is not who she is. She uses the dark side, yes - but she does not follow the Sith code. The Force certainly does not free her.

Great post by the way Aurbere, very interesting to see your interpretation of the Malachor business. I always thought it was a ruse to bring Meetra there to confront her past. But perhaps it was a mixture. Thoughts on Arren Kae anyone?

mefit
11.26.2012 , 09:16 AM | #19
Thanks again , was a good read . I liked it !

Have to say Keira's voice work was totally Awesome and probably the best in KotoR I and II .

I would like to point out that Sion could have been a Poorly skilled Jedi/Sithlord and still been feared because he just keeps coming at you . I found nothing special in his skill set or abilities other than he was immortal . I will say he played his part in KotoR II but I think in the Cut Scene where Nihilus puts him down like he was nothing , says Sion had no idea how to defend against anything and just took the beating till you either wore out or in Nihilus case seen that he would not be able to ware out .
I am not saying Sion is a bad character , just pointing out something I feel is important.
But It could be alittle Biased because as soon as I seen Nihilus , I was like ..........."DUDE , that is one sick looking Sithloard" , think I was 25 at the time the game was announced and to be honest then I use to play KotoR through and through once a month every Month from when it came out till KotoR II .By far my Favorite RPGs to this day !
Darth Mefit
Sith Marauder
Chiss
Shadowlands Server

Aurbere
11.26.2012 , 10:34 AM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Beniboybling View Post
I agree with you completely, you can say she was a Sith all along and that she was just kidding herself. But ultimately, much like the Son said on mortis, Sith is a title, but it is not who she is. She uses the dark side, yes - but she does not follow the Sith code. The Force certainly does not free her.

Great post by the way Aurbere, very interesting to see your interpretation of the Malachor business. I always thought it was a ruse to bring Meetra there to confront her past. But perhaps it was a mixture. Thoughts on Arren Kae anyone?
She had taken up the title of Darth Traya, but that might have been, more than anything, her choice to do so and not reflective how she really felt. We all know that she was Dark Side. At least, what she planned to do would be Dark Side. I think she had fallen to the Dark Side, but didn't consider herself Sith. She considered herself above the Sith, in a way, for she was using them to accomplish her ultimate goal.

As to the Malachor business. It was a mixture, I think. Malachor was the, probably, the worst moment of Meetra's life. No doubt Kreia wanted her to face Malachor one last time. But above all else, she wanted to tell Meetra the truth before enacting her plan.

Arren Kae? I don't know. Kae was a Jedi that fought in the Mandalorian Wars with Revan. Her and Kreia have similarities in their backstory. The similarities are definitely there, but, if we are referring to them being the same person, I can't comment or speculate. There is one glaring flaw in this comparison: Kae fought in the War, but Kreia did not (so she says ). For now though, we can say that they were both Jedi Historians and were both exiled for teaching Revan.