Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Sith Sorcs -- Where do we fall in?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Sage / Sorcerer
Sith Sorcs -- Where do we fall in?

Sirokai
11.25.2012 , 02:36 AM | #1
After doing a good number of warzones today, I realized that I am consistently getting trucked by everybody except other sorcs/sages. Is this just an issue I'm having?

Powertechs (i think) - using nothing but instants completely destroys me
Warriors/Knights - lolsmash trashing 60% of my health in one hit. what is this.
Assassins - i don't remember them ever doing this much damage before. in the last warzone i was in, i got hit by multiple 4-6k hits in a few seconds. I went on him when he had about 20% health left and my shield had just dropped. He got to me, was CC immune due to teammates, and killed me in under 5 seconds.

In any kind of damage race, I can't seem to win against literally any class except for my own. Am I just missing something here?

Is sorc damage just not where it should be? I love the entire concept and playstyle behind this class but I feel like we're hurting in PvP (especially when compared to how we were when the game first came out).

TL;DR -- some classes have been buffed to what operatives were like pre-nerf, and its making my sorc not enjoyable. at all.
Sith Sorcerer (Pandemonium) - Female, Sith Pureblood; Imperial Agent (Sidelined) - Male, Chiss; Jedi Knight (Lamuh) - Male, Sith Pureblood; Trooper (Khaligto) - Female, Mirialin

lokdron
11.25.2012 , 03:23 AM | #2
Your pretty correct DPS sorc is not in a nice place atm they are actually pretty bad compared to other classes DPS.

Larry_Dallas
11.26.2012 , 12:03 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Sirokai View Post
After doing a good number of warzones today, I realized that I am consistently getting trucked by everybody except other sorcs/sages. Is this just an issue I'm having?

Powertechs (i think) - using nothing but instants completely destroys me
Warriors/Knights - lolsmash trashing 60% of my health in one hit. what is this.
Assassins - i don't remember them ever doing this much damage before. in the last warzone i was in, i got hit by multiple 4-6k hits in a few seconds. I went on him when he had about 20% health left and my shield had just dropped. He got to me, was CC immune due to teammates, and killed me in under 5 seconds.

In any kind of damage race, I can't seem to win against literally any class except for my own. Am I just missing something here?

Is sorc damage just not where it should be? I love the entire concept and playstyle behind this class but I feel like we're hurting in PvP (especially when compared to how we were when the game first came out).

TL;DR -- some classes have been buffed to what operatives were like pre-nerf, and its making my sorc not enjoyable. at all.
Honestly, you can have success once you're in better gear (particularly against smashers, who are usually too stupid to use their snares), but it more or less means memorizing every spec of every AC's abilities and learning how to win duels against them until they stop singling you out, which you'll have to do at the beginning of each and every warzone. The only thing it's completely out of the question to down this way is a carnage marauder, which are exceedingly rare because they're both tough and frustrating to use. And maybe a tankassin, depending on his cooldowns.

But the Powertechs, you can beat if you pay close attention to range and get back to 11 meters almost immediately after he uses grapple.