Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Top 5 Most Underrated Characters of SW

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Top 5 Most Underrated Characters of SW

Slowpokeking
11.25.2012 , 07:57 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Aurbere View Post
I gotta say, that is impressive. However, his main goal was to achieve immortality through this method. Obviously, he was not able to.

I would put him on my list. He's a great character in my opinion.
He was able to let his body rejuvenate itself, heal his wounds and "eventually he would cease to age altogether."

I think he wanted to share all these with Palpatine because they could save each other from death, but Palpatine could not allow someone to share power with him.

MasterMe
11.25.2012 , 08:07 PM | #22
Not you specifically, but I knew someone would.

As to Revan being under-rated. I wouldn't say that. Many over-rate him, while few under-rate him. Few compared to the number of people that over-rate him. I wish we could find a middle-ground...

Anyway, people really should have Odan-Urr and Qui-Gon on their lists.
Well you may be right when it comes to most people. But when it comes to the people on these forums, I must strongly disagree with you concerning Revan.

When since is Qui-gon underrated? I always thought he was pretty beast. Are there many others who disagree?

Aurbere
11.25.2012 , 08:08 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Slowpokeking View Post
He was able to let his body rejuvenate itself, heal his wounds and "eventually he would cease to age altogether."

I think he wanted to share all these with Palpatine because they could save each other from death, but Palpatine could not allow someone to share power with him.
I believe Sidious never really wanted to be under Plagueis' thumb anyway. It is the nature of the Sith to kill the master and take the title from him. Plagueis had come to trust him, in a way, eventually giving him more and more knowledge of the Sith. Eventually, Sidious saw no more use for Plagueis and decided to kill him. It was about time too, as Plagueis was going to keep Sidious under his thumb for the rest of his life.
Added Chapter 29 to The Shadows Fall
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus

Aurbere
11.25.2012 , 08:11 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by MasterMe View Post
Well you may be right when it comes to most people. But when it comes to the people on these forums, I must strongly disagree with you concerning Revan.

When since is Qui-gon underrated? I always thought he was pretty beast. Are there many others who disagree?
The way Qui-Gon died is why he is underrated. He was killed by a "Sith apprentice" even though he was a Jedi Master. Not only that, but not much was known about him. That's one of the reasons I made a thread about him, to bring him into the light. I do believe Qui-Gon is starting to become a more respected character though.
Added Chapter 29 to The Shadows Fall
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus

Warren-Stride
11.25.2012 , 08:12 PM | #25
R2-D2

Without this little droid.... all would have been lost from the very beginning.

MasterMe
11.25.2012 , 08:16 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Warren-Stride View Post
R2-D2

Without this little droid.... all would have been lost from the very beginning.
^ Truth

mefit
11.26.2012 , 08:34 AM | #27
I believe Sidious never really wanted to be under Plagueis' thumb anyway. It is the nature of the Sith to kill the master and take the title from him. Plagueis had come to trust him, in a way, eventually giving him more and more knowledge of the Sith. Eventually, Sidious saw no more use for Plagueis and decided to kill him. It was about time too, as Plagueis was going to keep Sidious under his thumb for the rest of his life.
Darth Plagueis is underrated , he obviously was powerful or Sidious would not have killed him by getting him drunk and killing him while he slept . The Fact he remained control over Sidious for so long and well into his old age says something as well . We can take the wait as a want to maybe get all Sidious could out of him in Sith knowledge but he waited a really really longtime to take the Title Master .
Just to point that tidbit out.
Darth Mefit
Sith Marauder
Chiss
Shadowlands Server

mefit
11.26.2012 , 08:42 AM | #28
The way Qui-Gon died is why he is underrated. He was killed by a "Sith apprentice" even though he was a Jedi Master. Not only that, but not much was known about him. That's one of the reasons I made a thread about him, to bring him into the light. I do believe Qui-Gon is starting to become a more respected character though.

Darth Maul was well trained , and besides Sith Apprentice is underratted. The Title is only held because of they have not killed their Master yet . Unlike Jedi who move up in Title without such a trial .
Darth Maul just happen to be more a skilled fighter than Qui-Gon , he won after all far and square . I think how Maul died was retarded and poorly writen .
Obi-Wan won by the opposite way he won against Anakin............................really ! What happen to the HIGHER GROUND mister George Lucas..............................
Its not that I am upset about Maul dieing to Obi-Wan who is by Far one of my Favorite Jedi , I am just upset it was poorly writen and I bet given 10more years George would have altered it somehow ....................
Darth Mefit
Sith Marauder
Chiss
Shadowlands Server

mefit
11.26.2012 , 08:48 AM | #29
Ulic Qel-droma
Underratted , rarely talked about , and its just sad .
The guy was pretty awesome in his own right ! There is nodoubt that if he would have just stayed the Path of Dark , he would have eventually took the Master Title from Kun , and probably the only person from that time that could have beat Kun ......................... One of my favorite things about KotoR is reading about Ullic in the game !
Darth Mefit
Sith Marauder
Chiss
Shadowlands Server

MasterMe
11.26.2012 , 08:56 AM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by mefit View Post

Darth Maul was well trained , and besides Sith Apprentice is underratted. The Title is only held because of they have not killed their Master yet . Unlike Jedi who move up in Title without such a trial .
Darth Maul just happen to be more a skilled fighter than Qui-Gon , he won after all far and square . I think how Maul died was retarded and poorly writen .
Obi-Wan won by the opposite way he won against Anakin............................really ! What happen to the HIGHER GROUND mister George Lucas..............................
Its not that I am upset about Maul dieing to Obi-Wan who is by Far one of my Favorite Jedi , I am just upset it was poorly writen and I bet given 10more years George would have altered it somehow ....................
That's a great point about the higher ground! I just now realized how similar those fights are!