Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Seer PVE Healing Guide (1.3)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Sage / Sorcerer
Seer PVE Healing Guide (1.3)

eventidephoenix
11.02.2012 , 12:06 PM | #61
war hero relics are definitely BiS now... the elite war hero ones +120 power... gosh 8k Deliverances, sweeeeeeeeeet

btw aurojin i'm taking a short break from the game now, but I have something which I think is worth investigating ^^. Given the new DG set, willpower will easily hit North of 2400 with a stim. I heard from a guildie if it hits that it will hit a new formula range of adding 0.14 bonus instead of 0.19. I heard the DR for crit beyond 2400 hits even harder. I dunno where he got that info from, but could you verify that?

If so stacking willpower will not be a good idea anymore. Not to mention there are a lot of 27A mods out there. Which means dealing with BiS will involve a lot of power stacking rather than willpower.

Aurojiin
11.02.2012 , 12:55 PM | #62
Quote: Originally Posted by eventidephoenix View Post
btw aurojin i'm taking a short break from the game now, but I have something which I think is worth investigating ^^. Given the new DG set, willpower will easily hit North of 2400 with a stim. I heard from a guildie if it hits that it will hit a new formula range of adding 0.14 bonus instead of 0.19. I heard the DR for crit beyond 2400 hits even harder. I dunno where he got that info from, but could you verify that?
He got that info from his a**

Willpower is definitively better than Power for sages to around 9,000 or so. Furthermore, Willpower has always added a base bonus healing of 0.14, while Power adds 0.17.

To be fair, the regular War Hero relics were always BiS mathematically for healers; the Elite War Hero relics more so. I'll still keep running a Campaign burst relic because I feel it's more useful. Most of the time I already have more HPS than I need, but when icky stuff hits the fan the Campaign relic becomes much more appreciable than the PVP version. As always, YMMV.
Aisev -:- Seer Sage Si'ki -:- Darkness Assassin

eventidephoenix
11.03.2012 , 01:24 AM | #63
Quote: Originally Posted by Aurojiin View Post
He got that info from his a**

Willpower is definitively better than Power for sages to around 9,000 or so. Furthermore, Willpower has always added a base bonus healing of 0.14, while Power adds 0.17.

To be fair, the regular War Hero relics were always BiS mathematically for healers; the Elite War Hero relics more so. I'll still keep running a Campaign burst relic because I feel it's more useful. Most of the time I already have more HPS than I need, but when icky stuff hits the fan the Campaign relic becomes much more appreciable than the PVP version. As always, YMMV.
when icky stuff hits the fan, adrenal
But yea I don't have the time to farm two war hero relics, so I'm going straight for the campaign relic when I get back lol... That gives me two healing cooldowns

Kinlanvos
11.21.2012 , 10:09 PM | #64
Thank you for this fine thread. The Republic is in your debt.

Elyssandra
11.24.2012 , 01:55 PM | #65
Quote: Originally Posted by Aurojiin View Post
Willpower is definitively better than Power for sages to around 9,000 or so.
Thanks for the guide Aurojin!

Can you please explain why you believe that willpower is better than power up to 9000 or so?

eventidephoenix
11.25.2012 , 01:04 AM | #66
Quote: Originally Posted by Elyssandra View Post
Thanks for the guide Aurojin!

Can you please explain why you believe that willpower is better than power up to 9000 or so?
diminishing returns for the benefits from willpower only kick in after 9000 or so... this assuming BW doesn't change their formula

Aurojiin
11.25.2012 , 06:47 PM | #67
Quote: Originally Posted by Elyssandra View Post
I'll let Kitru do all the hard work for me.
Quote: Originally Posted by Kitru View Post
To explain this, Willpower adds to Bonus Damage at a slower rate than Power does. Willpower is only more valuable because it also adds to crit rate (at a substantially diminished rate compared to Crit rating, but also on a completely different DR curve that is *way* more shallow than any other). When WP gets sufficiently high, the diminishing returns on Willpower's crit contribution will reduce the benefit such that the Bonus Damage contributions are the only appreciable addition and, as such, Power becomes more valuable.

Silvers
12.15.2012 , 03:45 AM | #68
I may not be following this thread properly..

I have approx 2160 willpower, 35% crit, 75% surge. That is with consular buff and the biochem bop stim. If I'm reading this thread correctly I should continue to stack willpower. However when I swapped out the end/power augment for the end/wp augment my bonus healing dropped.

So shouldn't I be looking at keeping the crit where it is the surge where it is and start stacking power as this will give more to healing? I'm not sure I'm following this 9000 amount?

Thanks.
The Older Gamers
TOG Website TOROZ website

Aurojiin
12.20.2012 , 06:05 PM | #69
Quote: Originally Posted by Silvers View Post
I have approx 2160 willpower, 35% crit, 75% surge. That is with consular buff and the biochem bop stim. If I'm reading this thread correctly I should continue to stack willpower. However when I swapped out the end/power augment for the end/wp augment my bonus healing dropped.
To put it in a nutshell: your bonus healing drops and your crit rate rises. On balance, the increase in crit chance increases your average healing done more than the loss of bonus healing reduces it.

Merry Christmas, my fellow Dalborran.

Shissan
12.29.2012 , 06:24 PM | #70
Thanks for the awesome guide! Once I'm level 50 I will give healing a try on my Sage.