Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Same gender relationships clarifications?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Same gender relationships clarifications?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Tatile
11.25.2012 , 03:07 PM | #3291
Quote: Originally Posted by Palar View Post
EA only care about spoilers for certain subdivisions - clear as mud... like everything else pertaining to this thread.
Ah yes, but unlike all the information Bioware has provided in this thread, mud is actually useful.

Palar
11.25.2012 , 04:32 PM | #3292
Well, there is that.

DarthArturus
11.25.2012 , 05:52 PM | #3293
Quote: Originally Posted by Zandilar View Post
I just logged into my Jedi Knight thinking I'd play her for a little while before dinner... Then I spotted Kira standing on the bridge of the ship, with her "talk to me" sign over her head. I sighed and then logged out.

I have a few characters in the same situation at the moment. I wish they'd hurry up and tell us how SGRA are going to work for older characters.
Same here. I have a level 50 female sorc and haven't had any talks with Ashara yet. Waiting in hopes for SGRA here.
And my female warrior is in wait to talk to Jaesa.

Samy_Merchi
11.25.2012 , 05:57 PM | #3294
Since I have a sub again for a brief time (I decided to get the launch cartel coins, in case they become not-useless in the future), I thought I'd chime in on this thread and say I'm out of here again as soon as the sub runs out.

My f Smuggler -- I didn't like either Risha or Akaavi so I went ahead and capped
My f Jedi Knight -- stuck after Coruscant because I don't want to miss Kira romance dialogue
My f Sith Warrior -- stuck after Korriban because I don't want to miss Vette romance dialogue
My f Bounty Hunter -- stuck after Hutta because I don't want to miss Mako romance dialogue
My f Imperial Agent -- stuck after Hutta because I don't want to miss Kaliyo romance dialogue

There's a whole lot of nothing to play. I'm still pacing my f Consular and f Inquisitor slowly through the levels and trying to delay until they hit their stuck points too, but it's only a matter of time until I can't progress them either anymore.

I'd really like to hear whether I can move on with my JK, my SW, my BH and my IA or not.

Tatile
11.25.2012 , 05:57 PM | #3295
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthArturus View Post
Same here. I have a level 50 female sorc and haven't had any talks with Ashara yet. Waiting in hopes for SGRA here.
It will be terrible if Bioware say you can only SGRA Lightside Jaesa.

Zandilar
11.25.2012 , 06:44 PM | #3296
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthArturus View Post
I talked to LS Jaesa because I knew that she was un-romancable by either gender, so I wasn't too worried about missing out on anything (as there was nothing to miss out on). Of course, that will probably come back to bite me on the behind once SGRAs go on. Sadly, Myren (my SW) fell hard for LS Jaesa, which means she's not all that interested in Vette (who came across too much like a little sister, but despite that I did still pause my interactions with her shortly after Korriban).

I am seriously not interested in DS Jaesa, and I can't quite understand why anyone would want to romance her (lets face it, she's a few cans short of a six pack). She's got a knife, and she's going to kill you with it one day, but you'll never know where or when, just that it's coming.
Zandilar, an Australian, IN SPAAAAAAAACCCCEEEEE!!
Too many characters, most of them Chiss.

Samy_Merchi
11.25.2012 , 06:46 PM | #3297
I can't quite understand why anyone would want to romance her (lets face it, she's a few cans short of a six pack).
Sounds like you understand perfectly.

stuffystuffs
11.26.2012 , 12:57 AM | #3298
I talked to LS Jaesa because I knew that she was un-romancable by either gender, so I wasn't too worried about missing out on anything (as there was nothing to miss out on). Of course, that will probably come back to bite me on the behind once SGRAs go on.
I was wondering about this.

It's possible they'd add a romance path to LS Jaesa (people have asked for it at least) and again I wonder if it will occur after her current dialogs as an add on or if people would have to re-roll to do it (which, I'm sure, most asking for this have already gone through and leveled to 50 and done the companion quests).

I'm just hoping for some accommodation for those who've been playing the game for any kind of companion quest add-on (romance or not).

As for female SW romance, LS Jaesa would be the only one that interests me personally. I'm hoping if they would make DS Jaesa open for SGRA that they'd also do the same for LS Jaesa (both SGRA and OGRA) just so LS SW's aren't locked out.
Node guarder

Aebrynis
11.26.2012 , 01:47 AM | #3299
The one character I am most definitely not interested in having an SGRA (or a opposite-gender, for that matter), is my inquisitor. You get either Andronikus Revel or Ashara Zavros, and that is it, and I simply cannot stand either of them. Their personalities are like sandpaper on an open wound. My opinion is that it might have been deliberate on BW's part, so you could safely level at least one character without same-gender romance being an issue. And wow, is it ever not an issue in this case.

That aside, the more time passes, the more inclined I am to just proceed with other toons, regardless of gender - it is looking like same-gender romance is wishful thinking, something else that's going to sit on the back burner until it boils away completely.

Chaac
11.26.2012 , 04:50 AM | #3300
I'm not a huge fan of the Inq's options either. I'm hoping that with SGRA's we might see Talos become available as I love his personality and he matches up with my Inq perfectly.
Wedge: "I don't like this notion of dovin basal mines that pursue you."
Han: "Me, either. I'm going to draft a strongly worded letter to the Yuuzhan Vong high commander and insist he stop using them."