Shadowlands Dreadtooth 4 stack Downed

it's pretty surprising but once you reach 5 stack he is pretty much max buffed...6 stack only adds 100k more hps and 7 stack another 100-150k hps. He still hits for the same too.

Quick question: we just killed him at 3 stacks last week and were wondering if we need to have the mask equipped (ugh, more MK-6 kits and mods swaps) or if it will protect us from his +5 stack via being in our inventory.

Also, stacks 5-7 are the same except for a couple hundred hps? This makes me :(

Edited by AshlaBoga

Quick question: we just killed him at 3 stacks last week and were wondering if we need to have the mask equipped (ugh, more MK-6 kits and mods swaps) or if it will protect us from his +5 stack via being in our inventory.

You need to wear the mask. Worn mask gives you a visible buff against effects from 5 stacks forward.

Would like to know what 5 and 6 stacks drops are though. Dulfy? Anyone?

You need to wear the mask. Worn mask gives you a visible buff against effects from 5 stacks forward.

Would like to know what 5 and 6 stacks drops are though. Dulfy? Anyone?

This we can confirm to not be true. Nothing in our logs registered Dread Touch and people wearing the mask took just as much damage as those that did not.

Some sort of amulet was datamined and believed to drop off 5+ stacks. While it's uses are unknown, we speculate that it will be used for some sort of optional 16-man only boss in NiM TFB when it launches (secret cave). Once again, this is all speculation so nothing is set in stone, but currently it does not look like there is any benefit to wearing it for current content.

At 4 stacks, he's quite beatable by a competent team. We knocked him out in 1 shot at 4 stacks a week ago.

At 5 stacks he's pretty nasty though, and significantly harder. There is a big jump up in difficulty.

MoX did 4 stack dreadtooth within the first few hours of the server coming up on patch day.

We will focus more on 5 and 6 stack once we've completed our push on 16m NiM Kephess (which unfortunately no guild has cleared yet :/).

heh now Im curious if my guild downed 4 stack dreadtooth before yours did on the server:P I dont recall seeing you guys out there unless you were in another phase while we were doing it:P

Hey also I noticed he has been stuck at 7 stacks on our server forever now...are you guys just boosting him? I thought you guys had already killed 5 and 6 stack.

heh now Im curious if my guild downed 4 stack dreadtooth before yours did on the server:P I dont recall seeing you guys out there unless you were in another phase while we were doing it:P

Hey also I noticed he has been stuck at 7 stacks on our server forever now...are you guys just boosting him? I thought you guys had already killed 5 and 6 stack.

Not sure what time zone you're in, but I know we were in EC by 8 PM and we killed 4 stacks way prior to going in. I know as soon as servers came up we were in Section X, killed him on multiple phases. Think we went 1-1-2-3-4, going through respective instances once enough people were in the zone to spawn another.

Oh and we didn't bump him up to 7, heard someone say Ebonlore did.

Quite possible, we were moving instance to instance on the first day and ended up killing Dreadtooth many times. We probably did 4 stack around 4 or 5pm est. I might have a screen cap somewhere but I'd have to look through the archives. I believe in the first few hours it went up to 5 instances so it wasn't too hard to do so.

Either way, we did not bump it to 7 stacks, I'm not really sure who did.

Quite possible, we were moving instance to instance on the first day and ended up killing Dreadtooth many times. We probably did 4 stack around 4 or 5pm est. I might have a screen cap somewhere but I'd have to look through the archives. I believe in the first few hours it went up to 5 instances so it wasn't too hard to do so.

Either way, we did not bump it to 7 stacks, I'm not really sure who did.

curses foiled again! Don't worry gonna be getting my nmm ec title this week:P

is it possible to 8 man him at 3 stacks?

Short Answer: NO.

Longer Answer: Not with the current level cap and available gear. I suppose 8 level 55's might be able to do it, but right now 8 people in full Dread Guard wouldn't be able to kill him at 3 stacks.

What is the group limit for doing the boss?

At 1 stack, no more than 8 couldnt start without getting the debuff, or then it bugged out or we were too far away.

We pushed the dreadtooth to 4 yesterday, but managed to get only one go for it. We had 16 players, three geared healers and one in rakata/columni, and looked like we could use more healing there. Couldve tried with more, but as there was republic players ruining the run by starting the fight, and if one of our guys was too close to boss, we had to wait 5 min or something for the debuff to get removed.

What is the group limit for doing the boss?

At 1 stack, no more than 8 couldnt start without getting the debuff, or then it bugged out or we were too far away.

We pushed the dreadtooth to 4 yesterday, but managed to get only one go for it. We had 16 players, three geared healers and one in rakata/columni, and looked like we could use more healing there. Couldve tried with more, but as there was republic players ruining the run by starting the fight, and if one of our guys was too close to boss, we had to wait 5 min or something for the debuff to get removed.

You can pull Dreadtooth at 1 and 2 stacks with more than 8 people. Not sure why you got the debuff but my best guess is some people weren't quite engaged at the beginning of the fight.

You guys know if you stand in the White Circle, whoever is in there will NOT get Dread, so you guys can get some healers/Ranged DPS in there and have them help the Raid group. This mechanic also allows it to be poached though! Edited by Artemys