Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

[PvP Guide] Wakaworld: Your resource for advanced Sith Assassin/Jedi Shadow strategy!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Shadow / Assassin
[PvP Guide] Wakaworld: Your resource for advanced Sith Assassin/Jedi Shadow strategy!

Raychul
11.23.2012 , 04:43 PM | #121
Even with all that great detail, I'm pretty positive my shadow will always just be bad. Maybe you'll have to school me in your ways someday. Oh well, dps/tanking is just too op for my brain to handle, green numbers are prettier to put up anyways.

Waka Waka.
Kay, that is all.

EatenByDistance
11.23.2012 , 06:44 PM | #122
I rounded up some good players and friends of mine to create the first of (hopefully) many videos! Video guides on dueling Juggernauts and fellow Assassins now available

I know I sound a bit awkward at beginning of Juggernaut video but it gets better I promise. I'm running on basically 2 hours of sleep and a hell of a lot of coffee sue me :|

Videos also contain my opinion on Smash spec, dueling etiquette and touches briefly on the "stealth vs stealth" meta.

watch the vids @ http://www.twitch.tv/wifileague (will start streaming wzs with commentary soon)

Will eventually organize vids on a youtube page and all that good stuff. But for now check 'em out!
Wakalord The Bastion: Hey im mvp
Watch my stream!
Quote: Originally Posted by Xerain
...and the only person who doesn't think so is some B-team assassin DPS who is just dragging his team down by playing the incorrect spec.

Sindorin
11.24.2012 , 03:01 AM | #123
A fine guide, Sir. I will take it to heart. Thanks!
< White Rose >
For The Republic!
Oya, Surtr! Ni su'cuyi, gar kyr'adyc, ni partayli, gar darasuum!

EatenByDistance
11.24.2012 , 04:18 AM | #124
Streamed almost every rated match tonight. This isn't something I plan on doing often, but there is a hell of a lot of content here (over five hours!).

Not a ton of direct commentary but there's just so much stuff....I mean, you can hear everything in the teamspeak and see what I do and stuff. I don't expect anyone to watch this all, but there's a bevy of information here if you're willing to take a gander. Also, a good deal of humorous insanity.

http://www.twitch.tv/wifileague/b/342519892#

enjoy
Watch my stream!
...and the only person who doesn't think so is some B-team assassin DPS who is just dragging his team down by playing the incorrect spec.

Blaskar
11.25.2012 , 02:44 PM | #125
Which one of those specs would be best to level with? I'm presently 32 on my Assassin and I'm doing warzones as well as questing.

JabulDFR
11.25.2012 , 02:57 PM | #126
Nice guide and good streams.

I've been rolling this spec for about a week and enjoying it. I've been having a hard time with healers. Are you seeing the same thing? A fight with a heal spec operative takes about 12 years.

EatenByDistance
11.25.2012 , 07:36 PM | #127
Quote: Originally Posted by JabulDFR View Post
Nice guide and good streams.

I've been rolling this spec for about a week and enjoying it. I've been having a hard time with healers. Are you seeing the same thing? A fight with a heal spec operative takes about 12 years.
Generally an unguarded healer = free kill. Operatives are the hardest to kill and good ones can waste a lot of your time but you shouldn't really have an especially "hard" time killing them, per say. That said, in warzones you shouldn't be the only one attacking a particular target, use focus fire. And even if you can't kill a healer they should be forced to run away from you/heal themselves, so that's always good regardless.

Quote: Originally Posted by Blaskar View Post
Which one of those specs would be best to level with? I'm presently 32 on my Assassin and I'm doing warzones as well as questing.
Doesn't really matter leveling isn't hard. If you want Deception use Khem Val, otherwise you'll need to wait until you get Low Slash before you'll be able to use Maul with any consistency.
Watch my stream!

VicturusTeSaluto
11.25.2012 , 08:13 PM | #128
nice video on jugg dueling.

Stealios
11.28.2012 , 08:43 PM | #129
Found your videos very nice to watch (didn't watch everything, but still quite a bit)

Got one question about your gear though.
Why do you use a few critical augments instead of swapping out a power for a crit mod?
I don't know the diminishing return for crit from willpower, but it seem like an odd choice.

EatenByDistance
11.29.2012 , 01:47 AM | #130
Quote: Originally Posted by Stealios View Post
Why do you use a few critical augments instead of swapping out a power for a crit mod?
I don't know the diminishing return for crit from willpower, but it seem like an odd choice.
Trying to get crit to a very specific number (25% unbuffed)

The power mods I use are really good so I don't want to get rid of them. Better to take critical augments instead to perfect gear that way. It really doesn't matter what exact arrangement I have as long as I get the end numbers I desire.
Watch my stream!