Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Famous Jedi bloodline is overused among great jedi?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Famous Jedi bloodline is overused among great jedi?

Slowpokeking
11.25.2012 , 11:11 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by mefit View Post
Sorry to say but only Fans of Luke see him as that way , there are atleast a hundred other characters who could be considered main characters .
I look at StarWars like I look at Marvel and DC . Its uncreative , unimaginable people who seems too Fanboyish to have the ability to break past Luke Skywalker , the most predictable Character in any Comic .

So your welcomed to like these Stories that surely always end almost the very same way everytime , I like my stories to be writen by people who are able to have imaginations and be creative .

By the way , where is good old ProfessorWalsh, I know hes a BIG EU LUKE SKYWALKER Fanboy, hope hes doing ok and having a happy Holidays !
It got nothing to do with the topic but hey, blame Lucas, the creator of SW because he's the NO. 1 fanboy of Luke.

DarknessInLight
11.25.2012 , 11:51 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Aurbere View Post
You forgot Plo Koon. His uncle and niece were both Jedi. The three of them were all quite powerful in their own right.

As for famous bllodlines. They can get overused sometimes, but I don't think it's an epidemic.
Are you the same Aurbere that was on the old Star Wars.com website?
Jedi do not fight for Peace. That's only a slogan, and is as misleading, as slogans always are. Jedi fight for Civilization, because only Civilization creates Peace. - Jedi Master Mace Windu

BladedDingo
11.26.2012 , 02:34 AM | #13
perhaps that's one of the reasons WHY jedi forbid family, by mating they create a blood line and can breed powerful force users, and as spider-man taught us, great power comes with great responsibility.

If a bloodline keeps getting stronger and stronger due to selective breeding, then they are creating a dynasty of powerful force users that will only get more powerful with each generation - and that is just begging for a new sith lord.

I seem to remember in the new jedi order series, Vergere - a jedi master from the old republic was dismayed to hear that luke had a son, because of this very reason, his father started a blood line, and luke is continuing the bloodline with his son, who eventually has their own child and ultimately spawns Cade Skywalker, who is pretty much the most powerful jedi of his time as well.

So, perhaps the jedi practice of not having family, was a way to ensure that no single jedi could become too powerful to control.

Bugsington
11.26.2012 , 10:05 AM | #14
Sorry to say but only Fans of Luke see him as that way , there are atleast a hundred other characters who could be considered main characters .
I look at StarWars like I look at Marvel and DC . Its uncreative , unimaginable people who seems too Fanboyish to have the ability to break past Luke Skywalker , the most predictable Character in any Comic .

So your welcomed to like these Stories that surely always end almost the very same way everytime , I like my stories to be writen by people who are able to have imaginations and be creative .

By the way , where is good old ProfessorWalsh, I know hes a BIG EU LUKE SKYWALKER Fanboy, hope hes doing ok and having a happy Holidays !

Let's see your list of one hundred main characters.

Aurbere
11.26.2012 , 11:24 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by DarknessInLight View Post
Are you the same Aurbere that was on the old Star Wars.com website?
No. Aurbere was my first SWG character. I was feeling nostalgic so I made it my SWTOR forum name and the name of my Bounty Hunter.
Added Chapter 63 to The Shadows Fall
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus

CorellianWannabe
12.08.2012 , 09:47 AM | #16
I find the Solo Bloodline to be more fun .......... just sayin.
Jacen + Jaina Solo > Anything (EU FanBoy GOD ,Mary Stu) Luke Skywalker ever had .

Heck even playing a MMO the name Solo sounds soo much cooler than Skywalker . Han and Leia Skywalker were even more fun to watch in the movies than Luke .

Lucas should have named it Solo Ranch , after all he only allowed his work to be important and trashed everyone elses ! GodBless G-Canon is dead !
Jacen "I'm now the uberest Sith ever"? He's less of a Stu than Luke? Give me a break..

I wonder why you even call it the Solo bloodline-all that is Skywalker genes. Oddly enough Han managed to be cool without needing a glowstick-too bad the writers had to send all of his kids down the Jedi/Sith road.

Trixdope
12.08.2012 , 05:17 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Slowpokeking View Post
It got nothing to do with the topic but hey, blame Lucas, the creator of SW because he's the NO. 1 fanboy of Luke.
No hes the number one fan of Vader......Lucas said in an interview that the whole saga was always about Vader. And that the story ends with Ep.VI in his opinion. Even though he knows about all the books that continue on Lukes story.

Slowpokeking
12.08.2012 , 05:17 PM | #18
So the new Legacy series still use Solo bloodline, sigh.

ReiKai
12.09.2012 , 07:37 AM | #19
Jedi having kids doesn't mean the kid will be a Jedi. It's not a guarantee. It was actually shown in the Revan novel that Revan and Bastila's son wasn't Force Sensitive, but their Grandson was. Possibly this was a means of the Force balancing itself out. Force sensitivity in that family skipped a generation. This continued onward. Satele Shan is a Jedi, her son Theron Shan isn't.
CE Owner: ...what? I wanted the music. I like music.
Statement: SGRA's - I support them. Do you have a problem with that, Meatbag?

pbajnokl
12.09.2012 , 08:46 AM | #20
Hey!? We don't even know Revan's real name, maybe his name is Axe Windu