Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Why were so many of us against cross-server queues again, pre-launch?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Why were so many of us against cross-server queues again, pre-launch?

Ahl-Vinn's Avatar


Ahl-Vinn
11.24.2012 , 08:24 PM | #1

Thinking most of us had the mentality the servers would each host larger populations; yours truly posted a couple of times against the notion of cross-server queues, pre-launch. Now, though, pre-mades typically OWN non-ranked PvP matches - except, thankfully, the occasional Huttball match. "Ranked" would hold a lot more meaning and value if you didn't HAVE to play on the same server as eachother.

Ahlvis, of Server Begeren Colony, SWTOR
Ahl-Vinn, formerly of Servers Bria and Starsider, SWG
Long live <THE JEDl ORDER>, 2004 - Present
Long live the former Server Vrook Lamar!

ArchangelLBC's Avatar


ArchangelLBC
11.24.2012 , 08:40 PM | #2
Yep! That was pretty short sighted of everyone.

But then the people who were against it probably didn't expect such a drop in the game population.

oopsie
In update 2.9 the game will simply uninstall itself for you.

-Wnd

MiaRB's Avatar


MiaRB
11.24.2012 , 08:46 PM | #3
meh. i would rather BW spends their time working on things that everyone will actually use. xserver is a waste of time and only will be used by the tiny group of people who actually want real competition in rateds. thats a very very small number of people... maybe 1 or 2 teams per server. the rest will be spending most of their time in normal WZs just as they do now. or they will spend their time in rateds vs teams of alts from their sister guilds, just as they do now.
can't wait for this game to come out!

ArchangelLBC's Avatar


ArchangelLBC
11.24.2012 , 08:51 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by MiaRB View Post
meh. i would rather BW spends their time working on things that everyone will actually use. xserver is a waste of time and only will be used by the tiny group of people who actually want real competition in rateds. thats a very very small number of people... maybe 1 or 2 teams per server. the rest will be spending most of their time in normal WZs just as they do now. or they will spend their time in rateds vs teams of alts from their sister guilds, just as they do now.
Cross server combined with matchmaking would solve a lot of problems in 50 PVP imo, and if they can implement it for ranked, they can implement it for everyone.
In update 2.9 the game will simply uninstall itself for you.

-Wnd

HelinCarnate's Avatar


HelinCarnate
11.24.2012 , 10:33 PM | #5
It was not us. It was BW that wanted to have some sence of community by making us face the same people over and over with the same result over and over.
Dear BW,
Please nerf paper and buff rock. Scissors is fine as is.
Signed, Rock.

AMKSED's Avatar


AMKSED
11.24.2012 , 10:49 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by MiaRB View Post
meh. i would rather BW spends their time working on things that everyone will actually use. xserver is a waste of time and only will be used by the tiny group of people who actually want real competition in rateds. thats a very very small number of people... maybe 1 or 2 teams per server. the rest will be spending most of their time in normal WZs just as they do now. or they will spend their time in rateds vs teams of alts from their sister guilds, just as they do now.
So you don't want competitive PvP? You're bad.

Smashbrother's Avatar


Smashbrother
11.24.2012 , 11:05 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Ahl-Vinn View Post

Thinking most of us had the mentality the servers would each host larger populations; yours truly posted a couple of times against the notion of cross-server queues, pre-launch. Now, though, pre-mades typically OWN non-ranked PvP matches - except, thankfully, the occasional Huttball match. "Ranked" would hold a lot more meaning and value if you didn't HAVE to play on the same server as eachother.

I don't remember people being against x-server for pvp, only just for pve (and rightly so because of ninja looting). But regardless, we need it badly now.

Majspuffen's Avatar


Majspuffen
11.24.2012 , 11:24 PM | #8
I tried World of Warcraft recently. I got a toon up to level 90 and I tried PvP, battlegrounds specifically since I needed to gear up. Anyone who thinks that cross-servers are a good idea, go play WoW. It's worth the money, because it will give you a new perspective.

I guess you could argue that the main issue with no cross-servers is premades. For someone who plays solo, it sucks to fight the same guilds over and over, when they have the clear advantage of voice chat. On that point, I agree. A few months ago I could play rather casually and without voice chat at any hour of the day.

However, I would never choose cross-servers over no cross-servers. The absence of cross-servers promotes communication and friendship/rivalries like nothing else. I dare say that the main reason I keep playing so many Warzones each and every day is because I know who's on the opposite faction and I want to beat them.

If we got cross-servers, I probably wouldn't give two *****s about who's in the opposite team. All of a sudden, Warzones would become a means to an end, and that is gearing up for Rated Warzones. And the only reason I'd do rated warzones is to fill up some e-peen ranking on a piece of paper. I don't see the appeal of that, at all. Not in comparison to what we have now.

I want to fight people that matter to me. This is an MMORPG. Everything should be about the community.
Lambaste!
Best talent in the Galaxy!

AllanGand's Avatar


AllanGand
11.24.2012 , 11:43 PM | #9
honestly I like the rivalries and friendships I've made through pvp due to the whole no cross server queues. I'm still for it, it builds a sense of community that I never experienced in wow.

filipesantana's Avatar


filipesantana
11.25.2012 , 03:40 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by AllanGand View Post
honestly I like the rivalries and friendships I've made through pvp due to the whole no cross server queues. I'm still for it, it builds a sense of community that I never experienced in wow.
wow has a huge sens eof comunity even with cross servers at least for the Hardcore pvp crowd...everyone knwos eachother..even form diferent servers...Obviously in rated pvp, not tlalking about randomm unrated stuff...