Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Gamebreaking behaviour within hardmode flashpoints

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Flashpoints, Operations, and Heroic Missions
Gamebreaking behaviour within hardmode flashpoints

Nasja
11.24.2012 , 05:01 PM | #21
I miss swg..
where you could kill 1000th's of nightsisters to finally get the Sith 4/5 holocron after trying for a month or more
and where you could kill 1000th's of ancient krayt dragons to get ancient flawless pearls

And this was in the NGE. I have been told that in Pre-cu much more grinding was involved. And here we are, people wanting to be really quick.

Marb
11.24.2012 , 05:03 PM | #22
Random columi / xenotech armour pieces do drop from most boss' loot tables now. Gearing in full 56's is faster if you kill most of the bosses, with the exception of skipping mini boss at the end of bonus objectives.

It is harmful to some to complete flashpoints in this manner. But as always using the group-finder is a gamble, and odds are group-finder matches are doing it for the black hole comms, not the columi gear. Find a group of like-minded people and make a guild, and do flashpoints together.

Until bioware design flashpoints with trash you can't skip, people will skip.
Harbinger

Icestar
11.24.2012 , 06:15 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by WillCaedes View Post
if you don't like to skip mobs and love to spend 30-1hr clearing 1 flashpoint in the time you could clear 2-3 flashpoints for bigger and better gear in less than 45 minutes
I am not even remotely talking about staying and clearing trashmobs, this is about the skipped bosses who are usually very close to the players eventhough they decide to run by.

We are talking perhaps 3-7 minutes extra of their time to kill the boss, get the loot and move on.

Please dont think that I am defending killing trash, I am all up for skipping trash. It is the bosses that drop loot that is the problem when they are not killed.

LarryRow
11.24.2012 , 08:04 PM | #24
For every group you get that wants to skip all of Battle of Ilum, I get Directive 7 or False Emperor where you basically have to kill it all. Just deal

Gearing up through FPs is waste of time anyway. Grab your recruit set and hit up the SM ops. More level 56 than you can shake a lightsaber at.
A classic sig that should not be lost:
Quote:
Stunned , pew pew hack slash , stunned , running backward circles, stunned cannot move, pew pew, break stun, 30 second snare, wha?!?!!? stunned, knockdown, ...less stun more pew pew and hacknslash please.

Daxy
11.24.2012 , 08:20 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by LarryRow View Post
For every group you get that wants to skip all of Battle of Ilum, I get Directive 7 or False Emperor where you basically have to kill it all. Just deal

Gearing up through FPs is waste of time anyway. Grab your recruit set and hit up the SM ops. More level 56 than you can shake a lightsaber at.
^^this

if you want to run a fp in a certain way there is certainly nothing stopping you from forming your own group via general chat on fleet
in fact, i bet there are scores of players looking for the same thing- you just need to advertise it

group finder results in having to go along to get along more often than not so use each feature accordingly
expecting random que'ers to lollygag (which is how it is seen to the players just wanting to finish already yesterday) through a flashpoint is a lot to ask

Icestar
11.24.2012 , 08:38 PM | #26
I always want to have fun while I play, and doing flashpoints is fun to me so it is not a waste of time.

I dont think that it is intended to hit level 50, cash out recruit MK-2 and then only sign up for OPs without gearing up through heroics first. If that is the case someone has failed miserably with the gearprogression in this game.

Flashpoints is a combination of fun while playing and fun when it rewards someone, might it be myself or a guildee or a complete stranger. The enjoyement is still there when someone gets happy

Now players are focusing on their darn tokens and have no interest in playing the flashpoint the way it is intended to be. With a natural disappointment to those who signed up to have fun and to have a chance to get gear from all bosses.

I donīt have to remind you how long a DPS usually waits until the flashpoint actually starts using groupfinder, and to be dissapointed after that long time over and over again is what I call gamebreaking.

Bioware needs to look into this if it actually is working as intended or if it is a designflaw, because nowdays the heroics is not working. Not the way they were designed to be played atleast.

Do you agree or is it fair that some players that needs gear has to step aside and hope that the next flashpoint wont be the same with egos steamrolling through?

Creror
11.24.2012 , 08:41 PM | #27
And people call me a retarded, undergeared noob for wanting to try a few SM ops with BM/WH gear ...

That's it, EAware, it's time you allow us to transfer to a server of our choice ...

LarryRow
11.24.2012 , 09:47 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Creror View Post
And people call me a retarded, undergeared noob for wanting to try a few SM ops with BM/WH gear ...

That's it, EAware, it's time you allow us to transfer to a server of our choice ...
Pretty sure SM ops are balanced for tionese, which is "on par" with recruit to say the least. If you know the fights, you will be totally fine. Better than fine with a little BM, WH, columi, and black hole, which you will probably be able to cash in for when you hit 50.

Those players insisting on a better level of gear are the bads in Rakata who die on the first boss of EV story mode while my dps scoundrel in recruit gets the kill.
A classic sig that should not be lost:
Quote:
Stunned , pew pew hack slash , stunned , running backward circles, stunned cannot move, pew pew, break stun, 30 second snare, wha?!?!!? stunned, knockdown, ...less stun more pew pew and hacknslash please.

StarWarsWoox
11.24.2012 , 11:11 PM | #29
im all for skipping, the things people need most are the commendations for completing the flashpoints
-(Austin) Woox (50 marauder) @ the Harbinger -

todorovh
11.24.2012 , 11:24 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Icestar View Post
There has always been some kind of mobskipping in either small or large scale in flashpoints but the latest trend is simply wrong.

It seems that teams doing flashpoints skip some of the bosses and have no respect for the ones that are signing up to get better gear.

Please respect the players that join flashpoints with groupfinder to gear up, it is enough to wait for ages for them to pop.

Alternatively Bioware could make the flashpoint not complete unless all bosses are dead (the way it should be)

Thoughts?

Is it fair to ignore players in the team that needs gear and steamroll through the flashpoint not listening at all?
First of all that "loot"" you're after that drops on skippable bosses is WORSE then the FREE recruit set every single 50 gets these days.

Anyway on the subject - here's my thought - how about you learn to respect the people who are there to get their daily 5 comms and have outgeared those encounters months ago ? If the majority of the group wants to skip through the conversations and bosses ... then you either go with them or leave ( get kicked ).

If you want to kill everything THAT badly find a group of likeminded people and stop QQing on the forums. You already have the option to kill everything, why should the rest of us NOT have the option to SKIP ?

Are you THAT special ?