Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

EU Luke Skywalker vs Meetra Surik !

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
EU Luke Skywalker vs Meetra Surik !

mefit's Avatar


mefit
11.24.2012 , 05:16 PM | #21
OK I knew the Luke Fanboys would go without question into saying he'd own the firght but let me waste a little time into explaining this fight .

Rayla_Felana explained once that Meetra could use Force Sever in no time .
(And let me say this is not to attack Rayla but I just am taking her word on this for once or considering it for this fight)

Lets say the fight is not because of Good or Evil , lets go into this that Luke has no clue who Meetra is , lets go into this as fact is Luke rarely attacks first in fights that have not off the back threaten him .

Never in what I remember has Luke had Force Sever used on him .

So what happens if it does get used on him........??
Lets say hes still able to control his lightsabers the same without the force as a forceuser would with ........but none of his powers .

Suddenly Meetra has the upper hand ! Why would you ask ?
Well she also has Force Precognition and without being to use the force Luke wouldn't, so suddenly she can see move by move Luke's combat efforts and counter them .
She is also skilled in Shii-Cho, Makashi, and Soresu if I remember correctly . So shes no push over in a fight .

I think Fanboyism got in the way of a honest Debat , maybe I caught of few of you with this surprise and maybe some of you are in disbelief of my awareness of this battle .

Reason I picked Meetra over Luke with the great knowing that Plot shield would never let him die or atleast in a contest like this is , Meetra while short lives was more of a Intresting Character than Luke .
She is not immortal , able to die , and possibly able not to win every fight .
This puts her leagues ahead in what I feel is a better character over Luke .
He might be Godlike but with Lucas gone , so might be is Plot sheild .

StarWars if you watched it like I did , had many main Characters able to carry the weight of the Movies/Books/Shows and games . Yes the Story surrounded Anakin and Luke , but Han , Leia , Chewy were largely just as much important and their characters helped make the movies great . I think in all honestly a StarWars Movie about a None ForceUser could be just as great if writen well .

Reason I picked Meetra over Revan in this fight is because of her Force Sever , I truely believe in a Honest Debat it would level if not put the battle field in her control which Revan would not be able to do .
EU Luke might be the Greatest ForceUser of all time , but his father had the ability to be the most POWERFUL forceuser of all time .............according to George Lucas ................if that matters still .

Thanks to the few who tried to make this a Honest Debat without leaping into the Luke Fanboyish side without atleast considering the possibility of Force Sever taking ahold.
Last I check Darth Caedus the murder of Luke's wife Mara Jade , died by his sister's hands ..................not Luke.
Darth Mefit
Sith Marauder
Chiss
Shadowlands Server

Makoto_Shishio's Avatar


Makoto_Shishio
11.24.2012 , 05:24 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by mefit View Post
OK I knew the Luke Fanboys would go without question into saying he'd own the firght but let me waste a little time into explaining this fight .

Rayla_Felana explained once that Meetra could use Force Sever in no time .
(And let me say this is not to attack Rayla but I just am taking her word on this for once or considering it for this fight)

Lets say the fight is not because of Good or Evil , lets go into this that Luke has no clue who Meetra is , lets go into this as fact is Luke rarely attacks first in fights that have not off the back threaten him .

Never in what I remember has Luke had Force Sever used on him .

So what happens if it does get used on him........??
Lets say hes still able to control his lightsabers the same without the force as a forceuser would with ........but none of his powers .

Suddenly Meetra has the upper hand ! Why would you ask ?
Well she also has Force Precognition and without being to use the force Luke wouldn't, so suddenly she can see move by move Luke's combat efforts and counter them .
She is also skilled in Shii-Cho, Makashi, and Soresu if I remember correctly . So shes no push over in a fight .

I think Fanboyism got in the way of a honest Debat , maybe I caught of few of you with this surprise and maybe some of you are in disbelief of my awareness of this battle .

Reason I picked Meetra over Luke with the great knowing that Plot shield would never let him die or atleast in a contest like this is , Meetra while short lives was more of a Intresting Character than Luke .
She is not immortal , able to die , and possibly able not to win every fight .
This puts her leagues ahead in what I feel is a better character over Luke .
He might be Godlike but with Lucas gone , so might be is Plot sheild .

StarWars if you watched it like I did , had many main Characters able to carry the weight of the Movies/Books/Shows and games .

Reason I picked Meetra over Revan in this fight is because of her Force Sever , I truely believe in a Honest Debat it would level if not put the battle field in her control which Revan would not be able to do .
EU Luke might be the Greatest ForceUser of all time , but his father had the ability to be the most POWERFUL forceuser of all time .............according to George Lucas ................if that matters still .

Thanks to the few who tried to make this a Honest Debat without leaping into the Luke Fanboyish side without atleast considering the possibility of Force Sever taking ahold.
Last I check Darth Caedus the murder of Luke's wife Mara Jade , died by his sister's hands ..................not Luke.
You can't sever the connection of force user vastly more powerful than yourself. Force sever won't work on someone who is 1) Much more powerful than you
2) Someone who actually can defend against the technique.
Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ is not available in your region

mefit's Avatar


mefit
11.24.2012 , 05:27 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Makoto_Shishio View Post
You can't sever the connection of force user vastly more powerful than yourself. Force sever won't work on someone who is 1) Much more powerful than you
2) Someone who actually can defend against the technique.
Can you link where that is said or show an example ?

The only case I can think of is Nomi Sunrider and Ulic Qel-Droma ("Who was probably more powerful than Nomi") but at the point he wasn't fighting it either.
Darth Mefit
Sith Marauder
Chiss
Shadowlands Server

Aurbere's Avatar


Aurbere
11.24.2012 , 05:50 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by mefit View Post
Can you link where that is said or show an example ?

The only case I can think of is Nomi Sunrider and Ulic Qel-Droma ("Who was probably more powerful than Nomi") but at the point he wasn't fighting it either.
In a very taxing variation of this technique usable only by those with experience in battle meditation, the Force user could use the Force to sever a target who was heavily tainted or consumed by the dark side. This technique effectively caged the user's power within their own darkness and rendered them blind to the Force, though not dead to it.[11] Nomi Sunrider used this technique on Ulic Qel-Droma after he killed his brother Cay on Ossus.

Taken from the Star Wars wiki.
Added Chapter 31 to The Shadows Fall
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus

Kilikaa's Avatar


Kilikaa
11.24.2012 , 06:09 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by mefit View Post
OK I knew the Luke Fanboys would go without question into saying he'd own the firght but let me waste a little time into explaining this fight .

Rayla_Felana explained once that Meetra could use Force Sever in no time .
(And let me say this is not to attack Rayla but I just am taking her word on this for once or considering it for this fight)

Lets say the fight is not because of Good or Evil , lets go into this that Luke has no clue who Meetra is , lets go into this as fact is Luke rarely attacks first in fights that have not off the back threaten him .

Never in what I remember has Luke had Force Sever used on him .

So what happens if it does get used on him........??
Lets say hes still able to control his lightsabers the same without the force as a forceuser would with ........but none of his powers .

Suddenly Meetra has the upper hand ! Why would you ask ?
Well she also has Force Precognition and without being to use the force Luke wouldn't, so suddenly she can see move by move Luke's combat efforts and counter them .
She is also skilled in Shii-Cho, Makashi, and Soresu if I remember correctly . So shes no push over in a fight .

I think Fanboyism got in the way of a honest Debat , maybe I caught of few of you with this surprise and maybe some of you are in disbelief of my awareness of this battle .

Reason I picked Meetra over Luke with the great knowing that Plot shield would never let him die or atleast in a contest like this is , Meetra while short lives was more of a Intresting Character than Luke .
She is not immortal , able to die , and possibly able not to win every fight .
This puts her leagues ahead in what I feel is a better character over Luke .
He might be Godlike but with Lucas gone , so might be is Plot sheild .

StarWars if you watched it like I did , had many main Characters able to carry the weight of the Movies/Books/Shows and games . Yes the Story surrounded Anakin and Luke , but Han , Leia , Chewy were largely just as much important and their characters helped make the movies great . I think in all honestly a StarWars Movie about a None ForceUser could be just as great if writen well .

Reason I picked Meetra over Revan in this fight is because of her Force Sever , I truely believe in a Honest Debat it would level if not put the battle field in her control which Revan would not be able to do .
EU Luke might be the Greatest ForceUser of all time , but his father had the ability to be the most POWERFUL forceuser of all time .............according to George Lucas ................if that matters still .

Thanks to the few who tried to make this a Honest Debat without leaping into the Luke Fanboyish side without atleast considering the possibility of Force Sever taking ahold.
Last I check Darth Caedus the murder of Luke's wife Mara Jade , died by his sister's hands ..................not Luke.
If Luke has no idea who Meetra Surik is, then, by your own rule, she has no idea who Luke is. So neither know the extent of the other's powers. Surik would not use her Sever ability right off the bat. She and Skywalker would try to feel each other out in the beginning. Even is she tried to use the Sever ability Luke would not only sense but would be able to stop her from casting it. IF she did get it off it would not have much of an affect as Luke would shield himself from it.

Face it, Force Sever is a last ditch effort to win a fight. Meetra would lose long before she realized she had to use the ability. Luke is so powerful that, again, Sever would not completly cut him off. I love Meetra, but even I know she can't win, Sever ability or not.

Makoto_Shishio's Avatar


Makoto_Shishio
11.24.2012 , 07:11 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by mefit View Post
Can you link where that is said or show an example ?
The fallanasi looping technique. You cannot sever a force connection when it is hidden from you. You cannot sever a connection that isn't there.

And the part about being more powerful means being more resistant to force techniques? This is thoroughly shown in Darth Bane: Path of Destruction.

If its as easy as you said it is, the exile would have been simply severing everyones force connection and not waste anytime drawing out a lightsaber to beat Sion and Traya and all other foolish enemies to a pulp.
Quote: Originally Posted by mefit View Post
The only case I can think of is Nomi Sunrider and Ulic Qel-Droma ("Who was probably more powerful than Nomi") but at the point he wasn't fighting it either.
Exactly. He was devastated and his whole guard was down.
Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ is not available in your region

myolinyr's Avatar


myolinyr
11.24.2012 , 10:42 PM | #27
This is debate is ridiculous. Luke is vastly more powerful than she is and she would get swatted like a gnat, force sever or not. His knowledge of all 7 saber techniques is unparalleled. She would die quickly and horribly. The End.

Andge's Avatar


Andge
12.11.2012 , 03:34 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Aurbere View Post
Even Caedus couldn't do so much against Luke. Luke froze him on the spot with a slight gesture (maybe not even a gesture I think). And Caedus is, in my opinion, the second most powerful Sith Lord ever. There really isn't much she could do, nothing she could do actually.

The fight lasts about three to five seconds. The first two seconds involve Luke activating his lightsaber, and the third is him bashing her in the Jedi Temple with his hilt.

I understand that you don't like landslide victories, but this is really a landslide. Surik can't do anything in this fight.
't's an interesting point. But besides from that, what I wonder is if Boba Fett is a trooper in BH social gear, or if Fett somehow hacked the system; how else was he, an appearant BH, able to wield a rifle? Could you please spend some time finding out about this? I need a definite answer.

Thanks.

Aurbere's Avatar


Aurbere
12.11.2012 , 03:37 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Andge View Post
't's an interesting point. But besides from that, what I wonder is if Boba Fett is a trooper in BH social gear, or if Fett somehow hacked the system; how else was he, an appearant BH, able to wield a rifle? Could you please spend some time finding out about this? I need a definite answer.

Thanks.
I think you might be in the wrong thread lol.

But to answer your question, it's obvious he hacked the system or the rules change later in the life of this MMO.
Added Chapter 31 to The Shadows Fall
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus

BradTheImpaler's Avatar


BradTheImpaler
12.11.2012 , 04:22 PM | #30
Luke Skywalker. Not because I'm some "fanboy", but because canon says Luke is the strongest Jedi. The Exile (I refuse to use that other name) is incredibly powerful, but not on the level of Luke.

/thread.
In the Imperial Army, it takes more courage to retreat than to advance.