Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

how can u change servers

Firestein
12.20.2011 , 09:07 AM | #1
i have some friends on different servers and i would like to be able to play with them. so is there a way to change servers
~Justin

garbanian
12.20.2011 , 09:09 AM | #2
At this time the only way to do that is to create a new character on the new server.

As far as I'm aware, there is no way to get a server switch.

Cheers,
Garb (Bettycrocker)

rehnisjr
12.20.2011 , 09:09 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Firestein View Post
i have some friends on different servers and i would like to be able to play with them. so is there a way to change servers
Login into the game, and then when you press play you usually get into a queue. Press abort and choose the server you wish.

If you are at the character select screen, press the back to server list button.

Dasffion
12.20.2011 , 09:09 AM | #4
In the lower lefthand corner there's a select server button

Tintagel
12.20.2011 , 09:11 AM | #5
If you mean transfer your character to their server, I'm afraid not currently

If you mean create a new charater on there server, you can get back to the server selection screen by one of the buttons on the bottom left side of the charater selection screen.
The Red Eclipse - EU

TheJay
12.20.2011 , 09:14 AM | #6
The fact that you can't change servers is the dumbest thing ever, and quite frankly, inexcusable. I could understand not letting a character go from PvE to PvP, but that's about it. If I have invested all this time into a character only to find out a friend is on another server, why should I have to go through it all again to play with a friend? DUMB.

Dasffion
12.20.2011 , 09:16 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by TheJay View Post
The fact that you can't change servers is the dumbest thing ever, and quite frankly, inexcusable. I could understand not letting a character go from PvE to PvP, but that's about it. If I have invested all this time into a character only to find out a friend is on another server, why should I have to go through it all again to play with a friend? DUMB.
And you'd be 100% ok with someone making a complete nuisance of themselves, stealing gear, trolling general ect. and be able to just transfer servers when they get blacklisted from every group? This is why non paid transfers are bad.

Dizneyguy
12.20.2011 , 09:19 AM | #8
Good to know how to force the game client to connect to a different server. But it looks like the new server won't know anything about characters started on any other server.

I sincerely hope this is something that is being worked on. I started off on a server that was originally lightly loaded. But now it is swamped every day. To be able to use a different server I have to forfeit my lvl 16 Consular?

Ugh!!!
May the force be with... ME!

Dasffion
12.20.2011 , 09:19 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Dizneyguy View Post
Good to know how to force the game client to connect to a different server. But it looks like the new server won't know anything about characters started on any other server.

I sincerely hope this is something that is being worked on. I started off on a server that was originally lightly loaded. But now it is swamped every day. To be able to use a different server I have to forfeit my lvl 16 Consular?

Ugh!!!
This is standard for most AAA MMOs

Tintagel
12.20.2011 , 09:21 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Dasffion View Post
And you'd be 100% ok with someone making a complete nuisance of themselves, stealing gear, trolling general ect. and be able to just transfer servers when they get blacklisted from every group? This is why non paid transfers are bad.
Good point, they had better allow name changes soon as well
The Red Eclipse - EU