Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Writer for EP 8 and 9 has been picked

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Writer for EP 8 and 9 has been picked

sstanks
11.24.2012 , 04:09 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Eillack View Post
He's goingto make Ep I look like Ep V ....sad to see he was allowed to touch Star Wars.
are you drunk??? You really think the man who wrote some of the best movies of the past 10 years is going to mess it up more then lucas?

Eillack
11.24.2012 , 04:52 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by sstanks View Post
are you drunk??? You really think the man who wrote some of the best movies of the past 10 years is going to mess it up more then lucas?
I don't drink.

And lol at your "OMG LUCAS KILLED STAR WARS!!!!" type of post. The man made that franchise, he could do whatever he wanted to, he still has influence, bet that scares your twisted mind; boohoo he didn't make it the way you wanted it.

But to answer the second question: Yes I expect Ep 7 to be a flop and 8 & 9 to possibily make up for it. There was no need for more movies, or at least ones involving the Skywaker legacy, the circle was complete and this is just about money more than ever. It's almost going to be funny seeing a new wave of rage.
With unity, comes strength...with strength, comes power...with power...comes obedience.....
CE Owner '09 Account
Quote: Originally Posted by BruceMaclean View Post
..I think it's ultimately our fault for not communicating enough.

Beniboybling
11.24.2012 , 06:23 PM | #23
He's goingto make Ep I look like Ep V ....sad to see he was allowed to touch Star Wars.
Translation: He's going to make The Phantom Menace look like The Empire Strikes Back - how is that a bad thing? (perhaps I have the wrong end of the stick, or perhaps your just CRAZY! )

EDIT: WAIT! I understand (sort of) he's going to make the film soooo bad, that the Phantom Menace will look good! I disagree, your being very quick to judge and I see no evidence to suggest this guy cannot make good star wars films.

sstanks
11.24.2012 , 06:57 PM | #24
I don't drink.

And lol at your "OMG LUCAS KILLED STAR WARS!!!!" type of post. The man made that franchise, he could do whatever he wanted to, he still has influence, bet that scares your twisted mind; boohoo he didn't make it the way you wanted it.

But to answer the second question: Yes I expect Ep 7 to be a flop and 8 & 9 to possibily make up for it. There was no need for more movies, or at least ones involving the Skywaker legacy, the circle was complete and this is just about money more than ever. It's almost going to be funny seeing a new wave of rage.
lol not at all. Yes he made the original triology but he is the one who also made the Holiday Special and the god awful 80s Ewok cartoon. Look at Return of the Jedi the entire plot of it is "look the imperials built ANOTHER death star but this one is BIGGER AND MORE POWERFUL"

Lucas was never a god. he is just a guy who made some good movies. I'm fine with him having influence, he does have some good ideas. But the best things about the original trilogy wasn't his.

I'm looking forward to what a writer who actually understands what plot, story development, and good character arcs are.

Lucas does not know what that is.