Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Who did you pick for you're XO?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Trooper
Who did you pick for you're XO?

DragonAgeOrgins
11.20.2012 , 07:48 AM | #1
There are two choices. It's in the start of ACT 1. I attached a video to those who can't remember. I gave the nod to that beautiful woman. She seemed to know about a ton of what she was doing. She was main person to heal my during attacks.

The other guy has experience and I trust him but she seemed to have that extra stuff I was looking for. To be fair I both asked them questions.

Code:
Also second question. Does killing the guy or not at End of ACT. Make any difference?

Video of Act 1 Ending http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aE8ZARhVS_g&feature=youtu.be
Video Of picking my XO for start of Act 2:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VG9q5...ature=youtu.be

I heard people say act 1 ending was so great. I didn't see what was all that great. That's just me though

GwynThomson
11.20.2012 , 09:53 PM | #2
I picked Aric.
I somewhat regret it now, knowing Elara is very formal and proper.
I was just worried by choosing Elara it would screw up my romance with Aric.
There is no Jedi, There is no Sith, Only Zuul.
< Knights of Krath & Lords of Krath > @ The Harbinger

Rassuro
11.21.2012 , 02:42 AM | #3
I like Elara, she is one of my favorite companions in the game, but for the character which I am playing as, I felt Aric fit better. I picked Aric because he has experience, and is someone who is about "doing stuff" rather than bureaucracy.

I am in the middle of act 3, minor potential spoiler:
Spoiler
Toor, 50 Operative healer | Odaen, 50 Assassin tank | Tiyr, 50 Vanguard tank | Zerofour, 50 Mercenary DPS | The Red Eclipse

Val-Pyr
11.21.2012 , 05:12 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by GwynThomson View Post
I picked Aric.
I somewhat regret it now, knowing Elara is very formal and proper.
I was just worried by choosing Elara it would screw up my romance with Aric.
Which is exactly why I picked Elara... Gotta give some to get some
..Hardball Legacy..
Val-Pyr Lvl 55 Juggernaut Valz Lvl 55 Assassin
Vall-Pyr Lvl 55 Sorcerer Buggz Lvl 55 Vanguard

Flyceratops
11.23.2012 , 02:46 AM | #5
I picked Elara, because Aric seemed too 'in-the-moment' and Elara seems like she's a superior tactician. Aric is too biased and unruly - too emotional, too out of control.

It didn't have any effect on my story whatsoever. I'm pretty sure I could've rejected Elara and she still would've married me.
The <Sand Panthers> Guild is now recruiting all Rep levels/classes on The Ebon Hawk!
We are a guild focused on RPing and ops, with the goal of having a welcoming, relaxed atmosphere with as few rules as possible, allowing for reasonable freedom of expression in a mature environment.

Helig
11.23.2012 , 09:13 AM | #6
Aric. He's more field experience, and he seems to be more mature, overall.

As for promoting your romance option. Shame on you. I'd kick you off the force if I became aware of such blatant nepotism and corruption.
"I'm not *giving* him cake, I'm *assaulting* him with cake!" - Pinkamena Diane Pie

Kickimanjaro
11.23.2012 , 04:40 PM | #7
I picked the man who had experience and gave him his old position back. It seemed fitting. I was unfamiliar with Elara's experience and felt that my crew would be best suited under a veteran (of both the squad and the position).
Kickimanjaro / Erinaceous / Stimfiend / Stüxnet / Áyrenn / Snipertoon
<Galactic Forces> on Jedi Covenant

Iron-Hawk
11.24.2012 , 03:41 AM | #8
Had to go with Aric. He didnt deserve the demotion they gave him. It just put things back as they should have been. Also he helped you get everythign sorted out in early times the hard times before any of the other companions were around. Aric was there when you had no one else to depend on.

Val-Pyr
11.24.2012 , 09:47 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Helig View Post
Aric. He's more field experience, and he seems to be more mature, overall.

As for promoting your romance option. Shame on you. I'd kick you off the force if I became aware of such blatant nepotism and corruption.
Cant kick the leader of Havoc off...besides, who says i am not giving Aric some romance as well?
..Hardball Legacy..
Val-Pyr Lvl 55 Juggernaut Valz Lvl 55 Assassin
Vall-Pyr Lvl 55 Sorcerer Buggz Lvl 55 Vanguard

myolinyr
11.24.2012 , 09:49 AM | #10
I picked Aric. Bros before Ho's.