Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Purchase mistake

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Kinlanvos
11.24.2012 , 02:47 AM | #41
Quote: Originally Posted by ipikki_oukami View Post
We need a "hey you can't use this item" warning at least a color change.....

Go to CARTEL MARKET NOW - and read the tool tip on the side window.

It tells you "You already have XYZ item but it can be purchased as a gift"

It would be nice to have a big BELL ring to alert you. Alas... just a note on the screen.

The-Pook
11.24.2012 , 03:31 AM | #42
Quote: Originally Posted by Kinlanvos View Post
Go to CARTEL MARKET NOW - and read the tool tip on the side window.

It tells you "You already have XYZ item but it can be purchased as a gift"

It would be nice to have a big BELL ring to alert you. Alas... just a note on the screen.
I agree with this 110%,
Of course I still don't understand why they just won't give a dang refund. I mean what the heck does it hurt BW if people get a refund for a legitimate puchase mistake, here is a thought too, they might actually get a reputation for good customer support.
Vendahl Freyvold
Founder and Lead of
De Oppresso Libre
Est. 1996

Kinlanvos
11.24.2012 , 11:38 AM | #43
Quote: Originally Posted by The-Pook View Post
I agree with this 110%,
Of course I still don't understand why they just won't give a dang refund....

I think I know the reason...

I was a past subscriber for many months. I am currently a subscriber also. I also own the digital deluxe edition. Yet I have Zero cartel points to even make the mistake you made

..and that is why .. I believe, they will not refund you...

To this very date my ticket is open to get my initial cartel points.

They are so backlogged with people who were never even properly awarded their earned points that they can not yet even consider using some of that manpower to fix user error.

Some would like to give their cartel items back for points.. yet countless others like myself - do not even have teh points we are entitled to.

Thats not even counting the other large group who lost points by purchasing multiple 5500 point packs in succession.

They are super overloaded fixing people who are 100% broke.... so umm...

That is what I think is going on...

The-Pook
11.24.2012 , 06:05 PM | #44
Quote: Originally Posted by Kinlanvos View Post
I think I know the reason...

I was a past subscriber for many months. I am currently a subscriber also. I also own the digital deluxe edition. Yet I have Zero cartel points to even make the mistake you made

..and that is why .. I believe, they will not refund you...

To this very date my ticket is open to get my initial cartel points.

They are so backlogged with people who were never even properly awarded their earned points that they can not yet even consider using some of that manpower to fix user error.

Some would like to give their cartel items back for points.. yet countless others like myself - do not even have teh points we are entitled to.

Thats not even counting the other large group who lost points by purchasing multiple 5500 point packs in succession.

They are super overloaded fixing people who are 100% broke.... so umm...

That is what I think is going on...
While I understand the back log of helping people I would be happy to wait a couple weeks if I knew I was getting a refund for the mistake made. In other words a positive versus a negative response and the hope for happy resolution versus impolite brush off.
Vendahl Freyvold
Founder and Lead of
De Oppresso Libre
Est. 1996

The-Pook
11.26.2012 , 05:54 PM | #45
Still waiting for a supervisor or someone equivalent to respond to this thread and have some sort of satisfactory resolution here. I asked for a supervisor on the email that was sent to me and still no response there either...go figure. I am rapidly losing faith in this companies ability to take care of their loyal customers.
Vendahl Freyvold
Founder and Lead of
De Oppresso Libre
Est. 1996

savadious
11.26.2012 , 08:54 PM | #46
Still waiting for a supervisor or someone equivalent to respond to this thread and have some sort of satisfactory resolution here. I asked for a supervisor on the email that was sent to me and still no response there either...go figure. I am rapidly losing faith in this companies ability to take care of their loyal customers.
You got an answer. Live with it. Nothing to see here ... move along... move along.

Some people NEVER get an official SWTOR employee response... You got one...

Quote: Originally Posted by Cerimon View Post
Greetings The-Pook,

Please note, that all purchases from the Cartel Market are final, as mentioned in the warnings displayed before the purchase is completed.

Please see this Help center article for more information.

We apologize for any inconvenience caused and thank you for playing Star Wars: The Old Republic

If I hear your whiney, jawa looking, twilek lovin, wookie hugging mouth again... YOU... my friend....

YOU... Will suffer my wrath...

in EVERY Warzone !!! and in EVERY contested area !

I got my eye on you ... Pook-Man

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED !

The-Pook
11.26.2012 , 10:21 PM | #47
Quote: Originally Posted by savadious View Post
You got an answer. Live with it. Nothing to see here ... move along... move along.

Some people NEVER get an official SWTOR employee response... You got one...

If I hear your whiney, jawa looking, twilek lovin, wookie hugging mouth again... YOU... my friend....

YOU... Will suffer my wrath...

in EVERY Warzone !!! and in EVERY contested area !

I got my eye on you ... Pook-Man

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED !
I sure wish you had something better to do other than to heckle people for legitimate gripes.
I will thank you though for your kind and mature reply as well as helping keep this thread on the front page.
As far as your wrath goes...here is me being worried...oh wait it passed.
Vendahl Freyvold
Founder and Lead of
De Oppresso Libre
Est. 1996

IrishTR
11.26.2012 , 11:00 PM | #48
Quote: Originally Posted by Cerimon View Post
Greetings The-Pook,

Please note, that all purchases from the Cartel Market are final, as mentioned in the warnings displayed before the purchase is completed.

Please see this Help center article for more information.

We apologize for any inconvenience caused and thank you for playing Star Wars: The Old Republic
Ok I dont want a damn refund... I would like the item to work as intended! Of course expecting that out of your money grabbing cartel market is too much to ask... Several items paid for are not working as advertised. Hell I had one item that even after the timer expired auto binded to me without ever equipping it... And wanna know the kicker, its a male character and a female clothing item so please explain to me how I used it to bind.

Of course your customer service said Oh we cant refund Cartel Market items, HELLO I didnt ask for a refund I want the item, I just want to be able to trade it appropriately to my female character... But then again that would require your people yes your people to actually read and properly respond to tickets which its air apparent that they are not just copy pasting blanket statements!

Let it be known

MENACE/INTIMIDATE EMOTES DO NOT GO ACROSS THE BOARD TO YOUR ACCOUNT ONLY PER CHARACTER (Not item in question)

Female Elegant Loungerwear Bottoms (item in question) autobinded after the 24hr timer expired without ever using! EAwares response... See above thats the same thing I got in a ticket submitting in regards to unbinding it or moving it to my appropriate character... NOPE NO REFUNDS... WHO asked for a refund???

SIGH...

KidPunkStar
11.26.2012 , 11:43 PM | #49
This is exactly my point, it was too dang easy to screw up with this. I don't understand why they are penalizing their paying customers. Why the brush off ? What happened to rewarding loyalty and taking care of those that are paying for this game?
Because, they don't care about the people giving them money... There's no other logical reason, that they'd be trying to screw us over in such a way... no other reason...

THEY DON'T CARE ABOUT THE PEOPLE GIVING THEM MONEY

You'd think that until they fix the problem, they'd say, "Hey, our bad. Here's your money back while we fix the issue!" That they would take the blame for something that IS their fault and freaking fix it... But, do they do ANYTHING at all for their customers??? NO, not a damn thing!! That speaks volumes about what they'll do into the future, nothing but screw us over, and keep getting our money... That's what they want to happen, but people like us, will just leave so we don't have to deal with their BS, we'd gladly pay our money to people who are going to help us...

akodiakbear
11.27.2012 , 01:05 AM | #50
Another disgruntled player here that has purchased the Section x account unlock by mistake. I got a hold of customer support on the phone after being on hold for about an hour and a half only to be told "Be more vigilant in future purchases." Are you kidding me?! It's not like they are even going to lose money by taking back the item and giving me back my cartel coins. Something should be done because it's obvious a lot of people made this mistake and the steps they took to warn us do not work properly.