Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Why is Battlemaster Gear Going Away?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Why is Battlemaster Gear Going Away?

Katsuragisama
11.23.2012 , 09:19 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Chlomamf View Post
One of the reasons I'm complaining is because of the 3-1 ratio: for the past few weeks I've been trading in Normal WZ Coms for Ranked Coms so I could buy WH, then I get told that they're making WH cost regular Coms. I've just lost a hell-of-alot of Normal WZ Coms for nothing.

Infact I think this is the 4th time I've said that in this Thread.
This is why I quit not long after War Hero was released. Busted my *** getting Centurion and Champion, praying to the RNG gods they would give me something I needed and not a double. Then, praying harder I would get a BM token or converting 4000 WZ comms into a BM Token (1000 Merc, 1000 WZ). After all that, WH came out a couple weeks later, BM was given out like candy.

I got a few pieces of WH and said, what's the use? But now that most of my friends went from Imp to Pub to play with other friends or competent people, it's nice to know my Scoundrel will get an easy set of WH which I ran rip the mods out, and put into something more my style almost the moment I hit 50. Then grind a little and get EWH.

Sweet! Quitting for like half a year paid off. :O
Quote: Originally Posted by John Riccitiello, Electronic Arts Inc. - CEO
When you are six hours into playing Battlefield and you run out of ammo in your clip, and we ask you for a dollar to reload, you're really not very price sensitive at that point in time... We're not gouging, but we're charging.

Stanimir
11.24.2012 , 03:12 AM | #22
I simply do not get their decisions. I know they are smart people, but like, maybe they hit their head on a shelf before putting this in the new patch? Are they trying to frustrate people who ground out full war hero?

Smashbrother
11.24.2012 , 03:39 AM | #23
How are people still not getting the fact that gear gets replaced eventually?

Did you complain when you outgrew gear as you leveled up also?

tatatan
11.24.2012 , 03:47 AM | #24
BW just should get schematics for all gone Artwork (champion, battlemaster ..) available to be crafted by Synthweavers and Armormechs.
Also PVP vendors should sell only empty shells and Armor/Mods/Enhancements separately for different Medal costs depending on level.
Problem solved.

But because 3 left devs are woking on F2P shop, you cant expect much

CRNphg
11.24.2012 , 07:58 AM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Chlomamf View Post
They better give me a refund for all the WZ coms I spent on Battlemaster.

IA Field Tech Battlemaster looks epic, but the IA WH is one of the ugliest things I have ever seen. Totally ruins the awesome effect my Sniper has.
Not going to happen

Your character will not lose Battlemaster gear, you can still pvp with it. WH Will cost what BM costs now so you can buy that and the ranked comms you have can be used for Elite WH.
If you do not like how WH gear looks take out the mods and put them into your BM gear.

Also I laugh at all the comms you spent on battlemaster. I've gotten Battlemaster with tokens that might or might not drop from the daily/weekly bags or could be bought for 1000wz/1000merc comms. And you didn't even get as much warzone comms back then.
Try getting WH gear on a server that is near death. After server mergers try optimizing your WH gear. And after 1.4 or 1.5 try optimizing your gear with EWH mods from offhands that cost 2000 WZ comms for the WH piece and then 3475 RWZ comms for each EWH piece.
Raten - Insanity - Red eclipse
"Observation: I am a droid, master, with programming. Even if I did not enjoy killing, I would have no choice. Thankfully, I enjoy it very much."