Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Canon ten most powerful Jedi and Sith.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Canon ten most powerful Jedi and Sith.

Andge's Avatar


Andge
11.23.2012 , 06:35 PM | #201
Quote: Originally Posted by Aurbere View Post
No need to insult others. Who's the real joke?

Mace Windu won the duel. Sidious was on the ground, defeated. It doesn't matter if he was holding back or not. He was defeated.

This may be Mace Windu's greatest feat, but why argue against it to support Revan. Revan would never touch Sidious or Mace Windu in skill.
lol, in determining if Mace genuinly defeated Sidious or not, how can it not matter if Sidious lost intentionally? XD Please elaborate.

And yes you are a joke, the way you stubbornly twist everything that can bring another Jedi or Sith above Revan. It's an obsession with you.

Your last line is yet another example. You have nothing to base such a definite statement on. Sidious? Yes. Mace? No.

Aurbere's Avatar


Aurbere
11.23.2012 , 06:40 PM | #202
Quote: Originally Posted by Andge View Post
lol, in determining if Mace genuinly defeated Sidious or not, how can it not matter if Sidious lost intentionally? XD Please elaborate.

And yes you are a joke, the way you stubbornly twist everything that can bring another Jedi or Sith above Revan. It's an obsession with you.

Your last line is yet another example. You have nothing to base such a definite statement on. Sidious? Yes. Mace? No.
Let's look at Mace and Sidious.

Mace Windu won the duel. This is attributed to Vaapad and Shatterpoint. This makes Mace equal to, if not better than, Sidious in Lightsaber skills. One could say that he is holding back, but not with his skill with the blade. Sidious was holding back on his use of his power. If Sidious had used his immense power, he would have won for sure. But he didn't. He couldn't kill Mace, that was reserved for Anakin. Anakin had to kill someone close to him to progress further down the path of the Dark Side. So Sidious had to keep up with Mace Windu until Anakin arrived. Once Anakin arrived, Sidious was disarmed. But this was due to Mace Windu seeing Sidious' fear and using it against him.

Mace Windu won. He won the Lightsaber duel, but in a full contest, Sidious would win.

How about we note that the author of the article in question is merely stating an opinion. Something he clearly points out. While he made a good case, George said he won. This doesn't mean that Sidious didn't feign weakness, he did, but only at the end of the duel. This was to get Anakin's sympathy and further manipulate him.

Overall, Mace Windu and Sidious were roughly equal in that duel.

Edit: And the writer isn't even an official source for canon. His word has literally no bearing on canon. And george said he won so I'm gonna believe the creator over a random blogger.

Usually I enjoy a good debate, but this has fallen into a poor attempt at insulting me. A real shame too.
Added Chapter 29 to The Shadows Fall
"You felt it; the power of hate. The power of the Dark Side. Your eyes are opened. You see now. The power burns more brightly, stronger on the Dark Side. Despite what the Council had taught you, you now know the truth."- Count Dooku

Wolfninjajedi's Avatar


Wolfninjajedi
11.23.2012 , 07:17 PM | #203
Quote: Originally Posted by Aurbere View Post
Let's look at Mace and Sidious.

Mace Windu won the duel. This is attributed to Vaapad and Shatterpoint. This makes Mace equal to, if not better than, Sidious in Lightsaber skills. One could say that he is holding back, but not with his skill with the blade. Sidious was holding back on his use of his power. If Sidious had used his immense power, he would have won for sure. But he didn't. He couldn't kill Mace, that was reserved for Anakin. Anakin had to kill someone close to him to progress further down the path of the Dark Side. So Sidious had to keep up with Mace Windu until Anakin arrived. Once Anakin arrived, Sidious was disarmed. But this was due to Mace Windu seeing Sidious' fear and using it against him.

Mace Windu won. He won the Lightsaber duel, but in a full contest, Sidious would win.

How about we note that the author of the article in question is merely stating an opinion. Something he clearly points out. While he made a good case, George said he won. This doesn't mean that Sidious didn't feign weakness, he did, but only at the end of the duel. This was to get Anakin's sympathy and further manipulate him.

Overall, Mace Windu and Sidious were roughly equal in that duel.

Edit: And the writer isn't even an official source for canon. His word has literally no bearing on canon. And george said he won so I'm gonna believe the creator over a random blogger.

Usually I enjoy a good debate, but this has fallen into a poor attempt at insulting me. A real shame too.
Ya thinking back on that now after putting up the article, i'll take George's word over what is put.
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.

Rayla_Felana's Avatar


Rayla_Felana
11.23.2012 , 07:21 PM | #204
Quote: Originally Posted by Andge View Post
God you two are a joke! XD
We're the jokes? look who has to insult the people he argues with for no actual reason.

Oh and if you don't want to take the Lucas word on the BLU-RAY Revenge of the Sith edition with the multiple commentators, then go read the Revenge of the Sith novelisation.

I'm done with this thread, it isn't even worthy of mature debate, it's completely devolved into 'fanboiz vs h8rz' and regardless of the fact that I am the very person who created it, my guidance is entirely ignored and absolutely any excuse or strawman argument is made to champion the Revan cause and some even debate the very rules themselves and any argument on the neutral side is met with pathetic statements like 'but that's not really true is it?' or 'But your canon isn't as canon as my canon is, so my canon>your canon' or just outright 'you're biased', 'you're a hater'.

My word...

Aurbere's Avatar


Aurbere
11.23.2012 , 07:23 PM | #205
Quote: Originally Posted by Wolfninjajedi View Post
Ya thinking back on that now after putting up the article, i'll take George's word over what is put.
And that's the thing. Unless Chee or George says Sidious won, then Mace won. People think that because Sidious survived, Mace lost. Death is not the only means for victory. Was the exile of the original Dark Jedi after the Hundred Years Darkness a loss for the Jedi?

Off-track, I know. The fact is, I trust George over a random blogger.
Added Chapter 29 to The Shadows Fall
"You felt it; the power of hate. The power of the Dark Side. Your eyes are opened. You see now. The power burns more brightly, stronger on the Dark Side. Despite what the Council had taught you, you now know the truth."- Count Dooku

Aurbere's Avatar


Aurbere
11.23.2012 , 07:25 PM | #206
Quote: Originally Posted by Rayla_Felana View Post
We're the jokes? look who has to pathetically insult the people he argues with for no actual reason.

Go grow up and then come back.

Oh and if you don't want to take the Lucas word on the BLU-RAY Revenge of the Sith edition with the multiple commentators, then go read the Revenge of the Sith novelisation.

I'm done with this thread, it isn't even worthy of mature debate, it's completely devolved into 'fanboiz vs h8rz' and regardless of the fact that I am the very person who created it, absolutely any excuse or strawman argument is made to champion the Revan cause and some even debate the very rules itself and any argument on the neutral is met with pathetic statements like 'but that's not really true is it?' or 'But your canon isn't as canon as my canon is, so my canon>your canon'.

My word.
I have to agree. If it's any consolation to you, I never posted my top ten so I had planned to get things away from the Revan thing and post my top 10.
Added Chapter 29 to The Shadows Fall
"You felt it; the power of hate. The power of the Dark Side. Your eyes are opened. You see now. The power burns more brightly, stronger on the Dark Side. Despite what the Council had taught you, you now know the truth."- Count Dooku

Aurbere's Avatar


Aurbere
11.23.2012 , 07:32 PM | #207
In an attempt to get the thread back on track, I have carefully crafted my top ten list of non-movie characters. While some may not be truly accurate, I will attempt to follow canon as best I can.

1. Jacen Solo/Darth Caedus
2. Kyp Durron
3. Jaina Solo
4. Mara Jade Skywalker
5. Kyle Katarn
6. Ben Skywalker
7. Darth Plagueis/Exar Kun
8. Darth Nihilus
9. Darth Tenebrous
10. Darth Traya/Nomi Sunrider/ Meetra Surik

It's probably not totally accurate, but I think it's pretty good.

Edit: I totally forgot Satele. Mark her up at the number eight or seven.
Added Chapter 29 to The Shadows Fall
"You felt it; the power of hate. The power of the Dark Side. Your eyes are opened. You see now. The power burns more brightly, stronger on the Dark Side. Despite what the Council had taught you, you now know the truth."- Count Dooku

MasterMe's Avatar


MasterMe
11.23.2012 , 09:04 PM | #208
Quote: Originally Posted by Aurbere View Post
In an attempt to get the thread back on track, I have carefully crafted my top ten list of non-movie characters. While some may not be truly accurate, I will attempt to follow canon as best I can.

1. Jacen Solo/Darth Caedus
2. Kyp Durron
3. Jaina Solo
4. Mara Jade Skywalker
5. Kyle Katarn
6. Ben Skywalker
7. Darth Plagueis/Exar Kun
8. Darth Nihilus
9. Darth Tenebrous
10. Darth Traya/Nomi Sunrider/ Meetra Surik

It's probably not totally accurate, but I think it's pretty good.

Edit: I totally forgot Satele. Mark her up at the number eight or seven.
Very interesting. I don't think I could make a TOTALLY canon-supported top ten. Maybe top 5...

I know you said that you wanted to get away from the Revan thing, but something you've said here has confused me. You list Surik as a possible top ten - yet you've said (I thought) that her and Revan were very much similar in power. Do you think Revan and Meetra are near the same power-wise? If so, then wouldn't Revan be at least top 25 (according to your scale)? I'm sorry I had to bring Revan back into this, but it really is an honest question. This isn't something I'm gonna debate, I'm simply asking for you opinion.

Aurbere's Avatar


Aurbere
11.23.2012 , 09:13 PM | #209
Quote: Originally Posted by MasterMe View Post
Very interesting. I don't think I could make a TOTALLY canon-supported top ten. Maybe top 5...

I know you said that you wanted to get away from the Revan thing, but something you've said here has confused me. You list Surik as a possible top ten - yet you've said (I thought) that her and Revan were very much similar in power. Do you think Revan and Meetra are near the same power-wise? If so, then wouldn't Revan be at least top 25 (according to your scale)? I'm sorry I had to bring Revan back into this, but it really is an honest question. This isn't something I'm gonna debate, I'm simply asking for you opinion.
I listed Traya, Nomi and Meetra at the number ten spot based off of their ability to use Sever Force. Nomi being the greatest user of Sever Force amongst them imo. If I had to put Revan somewhere, I would put him around the number 15 spot. This is including movie characters, but Revan gets in between number 13 and 11, along with Malgus and maybe Jadus or a member of the Banite line or Dark Council, without any movie characters.

On my list of course.

Now I would say that Revan and Meetra are fairly close to each other in power. I think Revan would be more skilled with the Lightsaber, but I think Meetra is more powerful seeing as how she has Force Enlightenment and mastered the Light Side to a greater extent than Revan. In a battle between the two, I would have to say that they are quite even, but Surik would win in the end via Sever Force.

Edit: Making a canon-supported list without the movie characters can be difficult, as there are many Force users that could make it into a single spot.
Added Chapter 29 to The Shadows Fall
"You felt it; the power of hate. The power of the Dark Side. Your eyes are opened. You see now. The power burns more brightly, stronger on the Dark Side. Despite what the Council had taught you, you now know the truth."- Count Dooku

SoonerJBD's Avatar


SoonerJBD
11.23.2012 , 09:13 PM | #210
Quote: Originally Posted by Rayla_Felana View Post


I'm done with this thread, it isn't even worthy of mature debate, it's completely devolved into 'fanboiz vs h8rz' and regardless of the fact that I am the very person who created it, my guidance is entirely ignored and absolutely any excuse or strawman argument is made to champion the Revan cause and some even debate the very rules themselves and any argument on the neutral side is met with pathetic statements like 'but that's not really true is it?' or 'But your canon isn't as canon as my canon is, so my canon>your canon' or just outright 'you're biased', 'you're a hater'.

My word...
Well perhaps the tone went that way because you, the author of the thread, started off by bashing Revan and pre-insulting anyone who might disagree with you. You and Aurbere just invite this stuff with your arrogant and dismissive tone towards anyone who disagrees with you. Then you play the victim when people respond in-kind. Hell, I generally agree with you guys, and I find your comments and attitude smug.