Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Cross-server PVP!

ObiJuanShenobi
11.23.2012 , 01:02 PM | #1
We need this implemented. Imperial Premades have ruined WZ's for Republic players on PO5. Seems EVERY match, we face entire premade teams with fully augmented WH gear. Not only does this happen during peak hours, this happens ALL DAY EVERY DAY. I shouldn't have to be on Day 6/7 and only halfway done with my weekly.

I think cross-server PVP ques could help out a lot, level the playing field a little bit. Before you call me "baddie", let me just say that I heal with my smuggler for 350k - 500k per match so the problem isn't me. The problem is pre-mades roflstomping the heck out of us every single game because they are obviously bored to death in RWZ's.

Another solution to this would be not allowing pre-made grouping to happen, solo ques only. I think it could level the playing field a bit...you would get your healthy mix of great/decent/baddies that makes the world go round

Either give the guys something better to do because RWZ's obviously arent fun to them anymore (world PVP, Arena, more RWZ content) or change the way that you are currently allowed to group for WZ's because this sucks.

Perhaps I'm just cranky because i'm on the Pub faction and can't get people with talent to group with me
The Lightstrider Legacy

Darth Crucious I Darth Imperius I Master Darkstrider I Master Liam Lightstrider I Captain Evie Lightstrider I Agent Morran Lightstrider I Major Tanken I Nikro, Hired Gun

Taiketo
11.23.2012 , 01:06 PM | #2
Wait, there are Pubs on PoT5?

I thought it was imp vs imp all day every day.

ObiJuanShenobi
11.23.2012 , 01:09 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Taiketo View Post
Wait, there are Pubs on PoT5?

I thought it was imp vs imp all day every day.
Most Pubs don't even bother anymore. Lol.
The Lightstrider Legacy

Darth Crucious I Darth Imperius I Master Darkstrider I Master Liam Lightstrider I Captain Evie Lightstrider I Agent Morran Lightstrider I Major Tanken I Nikro, Hired Gun

Theodulus
11.23.2012 , 01:19 PM | #4
Working as intended. Bioware doesn't like PvP so they got the awesome guys that made warhammer to efficiently kill off PvP in this massive single player online game.

randiesel
11.23.2012 , 05:03 PM | #5
The suggestions you've made are needed ASAP, along with the damn paid transfer system that's never coming.

Problem I see is that, like the last guy somewhat said, they have given up on PvP (more or less). No class balancing (holy $h!t is it needed), resolve being worse than ever, only change since 1.2 in terms of pvp being a slight upgrade and a stupid color change to gear (not to mention, who doesn't love another gear grind!).

I, like many, held off and figured they would turn the game around. The cold, hard truth is that they don't have the slightest clue what they are doing. And now that most of the staff has been let go, they have less minds (if any of them actually have one to begin with) collaborating on their new projects. Instead of getting much needed changes, we got changes to the way that leaves look in the sunlight, b/c we all were so desperately asking for that.

There is a thread started by some dude in the Operative forums asking for an Allison Something-or-other (apparently the pvp community person) to simply answer the thread and post any plans for dos Operatives (concealment). I don't even go near the marauder forums, but apparently they get updates from the devs quite often, which appears they are getting catered to. Nothing has been said about anything concealment related since 1.2 hit, and that was back in April if memory serves me correctly.

Little rage coming out that last paragraph, but just reiterating that they do not care and do not have any clue how to fix the mess that is SWTOR. Yet these same people are still making a salary, which just annoys me even thinking about it.

Banderal
11.23.2012 , 06:36 PM | #6
Honestly I hadn't noticed POT5 being so bad until just the last couple days. I figured it was the combo of the USA holiday, and the weekly. But, yeah, lately it's like 80% of the matches I'm in we get stomped. Like 3 capped in CW the entire game with not a chance of taking one back, or 0-6 HB matches that last 3 minutes. I mean, I know I'm not a great player so I don't expect to do well in ever match, but that's just ridiculous. I would think these imps would not be having much fun either... but, well, I know there are plenty of people who like the ego boost of an easy win.

I don't know if cross server would help, unless the population would give enough ranked WZ matches to give the premades something to do. Right now, I guess, they have kind of a legit reason to queue into normal WZ (if, in fact, they even need a "reason", they pay their own subscription after all)... I understand that they don't have much for ranked WZs - so they queue up for unranked. And they want to play with their own guild. I understand that side of things... it's just to bad that situation exists.

Kaile
11.23.2012 , 06:42 PM | #7
At least have cross server Ranked WZs.