Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Unable to buy more Cartel Coins

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Kreaus
11.23.2012 , 01:31 PM | #721
Just got off the phone with CS i think i got Mike the same nice irishman mentioned before. he explained my address on my swtor account didnt match my banks. he told me that it will take 24 hours to fix after i went and fixed it in my account. so if you are having issues maybee make shure that all your info is the same. hope this works, and helps some.

Yukiri
11.23.2012 , 01:35 PM | #722
Oh man this game is nutty,

So after logging in disgust at being knocked down to FTP after removing my credit card, i went and cooled off. I logged in again after an hour and found my subscriber status returned but the removal of my quickslot bars fubar'd my entire interface.

I also noticed I had 5 new mailbox messages. After heading to the nearest mailbox, I discovered that I somehow have been given another party jawa, another hero banner, another Founder medal for the title, another pre-order fugly yellow saber crystal, and another entire set of collector's edition items (mount, pet, portable ****ty dancer, etc).

Crazy...

qKii
11.23.2012 , 02:08 PM | #723
Over 700 posts
4 Replies from Bioware, last one 4 days ago.
Please give us information.

Are you working on this or do you not consider it a problem?
Is it the customers fail i.e. do we need to work it out with our bank?
Do we need to call customer service to get it working?

Anything would be better than this........ silence.
What silence signals to customers:
  • Everything works fine
  • We have been hacked and your account is now being used to buy nuclear missiles for North Korea

Mara_Zyras
11.23.2012 , 02:44 PM | #724
Quote: Originally Posted by sarazoul View Post
I have an update for you guys.

Had the same error for days and now it works fine. Here is what happened in my case.

I had the same issue. After the fourth 5500 coins purchase, i got the error. For 4 days, nothing changed.

Then i made the stupid mistake to delete my CC information from my account. I believed that it could solve the problem. But when i tried to add it again. I couldn't. I was blocked, like many others who did this as i did.

Today i called support by phone. Got someone after 10 minutes of waiting. So i asked her to help me add my CC card again. We did this by phone, she asked all the necessary information and so on. After an other 10 minutes my credit card was back on my account.

Before we finished, she did tell me this "Now i can tell you right now, your credit card will work this time if you want to purchase more Cartel coins. Do you want me to buy some for you now?" I said yes, get me two 5500 coins. Checked and they were there. (She did not offer the coins to me, she just made the payment on her end)

After that i did ask about the error message. She seemed very confident about what she was saying. And responded

"We are aware of this issue, and while i know that most of you will not believe us... The problem is actually an anti-fraud security mesure that prevents you to purchase in big bursts and in a short amount of time. The reason why this happens after 4 payments or somethimes just 2 is because these vary depending on the bank and the CC. I know this seems hard for you to believe, but IT IS what's preventing many of you to pay. This is not something we expect you to settle with your bank. We are currently working on a solution to lift that limit. And it's more complicated than what you might think. But we are working on it. In your case however, i can tell you that you creditcard will work fine, you will be able to purchase more CC now."

Since that phone call, bought 4 packs of 5500 coins. As she said, it works perfectly fine now for me.

So i have a feeling that she actually knew what was wrong. If you havn't tried already, do call customer service and tell them about your credit card issue and the cartel coins. If she fixed it for me, i have a feeling some of you might get the same.

Hope this helps.
So from what i have been reading throughout this thread is everyone has to call customer services to buy cartel coins...Marvelous!

this is a joke...

Asharic
11.23.2012 , 04:09 PM | #725
The problem I've been having is as follows:

1. When I click on 'PLACE YOUR ORDER' yellow clicky on the SWTOR website, either through the game or net....NOTHING happens. No refresh, no loading the next page, not even a URL when I hover my cursor or clicking on it. It looks like a dead link.

I've yet to see anyone post a similar description of the problem so I was wondering if I was alone here? ^

2. I've tried updating my data that BW/EA has had since well before Beta but NOTHING happens...it says saved but when try to purchase on the $Store it still shows my old address.

I HAVE tried all the recommended fixes with negative results. I have posted several replies to this thread lambasting the amateur decision to go on leave post a major update; but, since it is readily apparent no one at their company cares enough to deign a response there is no point to continue other than to vent my frustration.

I will say this however...One would think you'd WANT our money...I'm guessing not.
Asharic Zell,
Ashla Legion "Fear none, Respect all."

http://ashlalegion.forumotion.com/

Antiskeptic
11.23.2012 , 05:02 PM | #726
Call customer support. "Your bank is rejecting our purchases'
Call bank. 'We're approving the transactions but the information isn't getting back to them'
Call customer support. 'I'll send you to the next tier of customer support'
-Waiting on the phone for 30 mins...
-Still waiting.
//

Beesodd
11.23.2012 , 05:26 PM | #727 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hi guys,

This won't be relevant to all of you, but may be helpful to some.

We have a small FAQ about Cartel Coins and issues with them, it can be found here: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=560862

As mentioned, not all issues are covered in this, but we are investigating all reasons why the transactions may fail.

Thank you, and sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Beesodd | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support| Find help for all EA Games at Answer HQ.

Hammerzzz
11.23.2012 , 05:33 PM | #728
I was just on call with the above mentioned^^
I referred him to this threads responses and thus the reply.

Nice chap, very friendly if not a bit stubborn

But this is still complete bs. I got washed away with the "wait 24 hour for reset" speech despite trying to impress upon him that I used other means of payment not tied to my credit card and all failed while he maintained that I was on lockout because of my bank due to simultaneous purchase attempts - which did not apply had he paid attention to the conversation as completely different non-affiliated payment also failed which had nothing to do with said bank or card.

Given that others report in this very thread that they got their credit card "white-listed" by calling support id say after this experience that something is off entirely.

That was after being on hold for over an hour.
November 23, 2012 22:16;"2012-11-23T22:16:17+00:00";"+18554679867";"USA-Toll Free";"Call" Duration: 01:15 Hours.

So in the end all I got out of it was about nothing. My only recourse now is to wait yet again this time for 36 hours including a "daily reset" just for good measure and see if anything changes if not, I will be joining the ever growing legion who seeks greener pastures elsewhere. This has simply gone too far now.

Simply absurd.

MidichIorian
11.23.2012 , 06:16 PM | #729
I've been fairly patent but this is starting to annoy me now. How hard can it be to figure out and post "the cap", if there is such a thing. I bought some coins on the 16th, that's also when they payments were registered on my bank account. It took 4 or so bank days before the actual transaction to took place so I was holding out for this since I was open to the possibility that in the event that there was a cap it would be lifted once they had recieved the money. Wrong and still not working!

WillDad
11.23.2012 , 06:52 PM | #730
Its been over a week Bioware. We still cant buy our Coins and apparently, none of the GameStops or Best Buys that I go to carry Cartel Coin Cards. Please fix this issue and make sure that GameStop and Best Buy get stocked with the Coin Cards.
Kodose 55 Assassin and Kodosk 55 Marauder

Sevron 48 Mercenary