Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Debunking false ideas about Mara/Sents in PVP

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Debunking false ideas about Mara/Sents in PVP

Phasersablaze
11.23.2012 , 11:56 AM | #211
Quote: Originally Posted by Erishumlol View Post
Yet you make a thread like this? The world would be better off without donks like you, once again thanks for the laugh clown.
Ok since you act like a kindergartener I will repeat myself like I'm talking to the child that I probably am talking to: THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN 10m/15m leap is MINISCULE.

Now go away little mad troll with a chip on your shoulder. Go back to your friends that think Ravage can be interrupted.

Erishumlol
11.23.2012 , 11:59 AM | #212
Quote: Originally Posted by Phasersablaze View Post
Ok since you act like a kindergartener I will repeat myself like I'm talking to the child that I probably am talking to: THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN 10m/15m leap is MINISCULE.

Now go away little mad troll with a chip on your shoulder. Go back to your friends that think Ravage can be interrupted.

Why so mad? Can't beat a Mara 1v1?
Hulkgg - Marauder

Phasersablaze
11.23.2012 , 12:35 PM | #213
Quote: Originally Posted by Erishumlol View Post
Hello, My name is Erishumlol and I'm a crabby little troll. Here is my mode of operation.

1) Jealously defend any thread that mentions Marauders. I'm so freaking scared of being nerfed, so I better do all I can to spew filth and nonsense into anything that even mentions Marauders.

2) I will find insignificant mistakes and blow them out of proportion to try to discredit people.

3) I'm scared an insecure.
Fixed

Erishumlol
11.23.2012 , 12:41 PM | #214
Fixed

Bahahahaha you typed all that out just for me? I get under your skin that bad over a video game?

Well I guess I know what your priorities in life are....video games. So sad.

There's a class section you know, you should get some advice from the Mara's there on how to beat them 1v1.
Hulkgg - Marauder

Dacer
11.23.2012 , 01:05 PM | #215
Just so you all realize - you can stop a ravage its called a Stun, a knockback, a mezz.... they all stop a ravage.

Can you interrupt the channel with your interrupt - no.

But it can be stopped. Its not like it gives Marauders CC immunity when its channeling.

Phasersablaze
11.23.2012 , 01:20 PM | #216
Quote: Originally Posted by Dacer View Post
Just so you all realize - you can stop a ravage its called a Stun, a knockback, a mezz.... they all stop a ravage.

Can you interrupt the channel with your interrupt - no.

But it can be stopped. Its not like it gives Marauders CC immunity when its channeling.
Anyone who pvps and has half a brain knows that. Unfortunately, if you go a few pages back Exgrunt doesn't know. Most of his outrageous posts have been deleted, but you can still see him claiming that regular interrupts can stop Ravage. Worst thing is that his main is a marauder.

Just proof that people are just that bad...

As to what you said, you are partly true. What you left out is the part where the Marauder has full resolve. Or the part where the marauder has you rooted.

bglodt
11.23.2012 , 01:57 PM | #217
I absolutely love... I mean love hearing maras talk about how balanced they are. It's like listening to Bill Gates and Donald Trump talk about how they really don't have anymore money than the rest of us.

Let me explain it in easy to understand terms, even for you dumb mara/sents, and I have one...(it's not my main though). Mara/sent ARE OP because they do close to the best pvp damage AND have the best defensive abilities IN THE GAME. When I pvp, BIS tank gear, tank spec, on my vanguard, I have less survivability than my sent in recruit BM gear. There is nothing.... Nothing.... At all you can say that makes that right. Saying I need those abilities to do damage is bullsh*t. I need those abilities to tank.., but I don't get them. Now... Add to that insane damage... WHY play another class. You cannot honestly say they are balanced. AND I PLAY ONE.... sometimes.

Seriously... How can you come on here and spew this we are balanced BS and expect people to take you seriously. Yes you need to be nerfed. Shoot give my vanguard 3... Count them 3 defensive cool downs vs my 1... As a tank. Give me a stealth. Double or triple my dps ability.... And then and only then can you say those two classes or equal. I haven't brought up commandos....

If you vigorously defend this class, hands down you are a pvp noob and terribad. You fear competition, and thrive on easy mode. Pathetic.
Zenick Bladeborne, 50 Vanguard, Tranquility, JC
Zenfor Bladeborne, 50 Jedi Sentinel, Tranquility, JC

I play the vaunted 31/31/31 spec... It's not that good though.

Phasersablaze
11.23.2012 , 02:17 PM | #218
Quote: Originally Posted by bglodt View Post
I absolutely love... I mean love hearing maras talk about how balanced they are. It's like listening to Bill Gates and Donald Trump talk about how they really don't have anymore money than the rest of us.

Let me explain it in easy to understand terms, even for you dumb mara/sents, and I have one...(it's not my main though). Mara/sent ARE OP because they do close to the best pvp damage AND have the best defensive abilities IN THE GAME. When I pvp, BIS tank gear, tank spec, on my vanguard, I have less survivability than my sent in recruit BM gear. There is nothing.... Nothing.... At all you can say that makes that right. Saying I need those abilities to do damage is bullsh*t. I need those abilities to tank.., but I don't get them. Now... Add to that insane damage... WHY play another class. You cannot honestly say they are balanced. AND I PLAY ONE.... sometimes.

Seriously... How can you come on here and spew this we are balanced BS and expect people to take you seriously. Yes you need to be nerfed. Shoot give my vanguard 3... Count them 3 defensive cool downs vs my 1... As a tank. Give me a stealth. Double or triple my dps ability.... And then and only then can you say those two classes or equal. I haven't brought up commandos....

If you vigorously defend this class, hands down you are a pvp noob and terribad. You fear competition, and thrive on easy mode. Pathetic.
I see the problem as other classes not having the tools they need rather than Maras being OP, but yes I agree with you. If Marauders "need" their defensive cooldowns to DPS, then the same can be said for ALL the dps classes. Snipers are doing pretty well in that area as well as Assasins. Sorcs have bubbles and force speed so that just leaves PTs and Mercs. PTs have the best burst in the game so being squishy isn't so blatantly obvious as it is on a Merc.

But yeah "I need my godmode abilities so I can take down 3 people at a time without dying" isn't a very good argument lol.

bglodt
11.23.2012 , 02:39 PM | #219
I see the problem as other classes not having the tools they need rather than Maras being OP, but yes I agree with you. If Marauders "need" their defensive cooldowns to DPS, then the same can be said for ALL the dps classes. Snipers are doing pretty well in that area as well as Assasins. Sorcs have bubbles and force speed so that just leaves PTs and Mercs. PTs have the best burst in the game so being squishy isn't so blatantly obvious as it is on a Merc.

But yeah "I need my godmode abilities so I can take down 3 people at a time without dying" isn't a very good argument lol.
Well sorcs have bubble. Force speed I don't consider a defensive cooldown, but if you do then force camo is one as well and they have 4 defensive cool downs vs vanguards 1 and sorcs 2. Not sure about snipers. Either way its still ridiculous. And vanguard burst is only in one tree if you spec into it. Mara/sent def cooldowns are given standard to every tree. It's just silly. They have it all and sacrifice nothing. At least vanguard had to pick and choose. They just get it all!!!
Zenick Bladeborne, 50 Vanguard, Tranquility, JC
Zenfor Bladeborne, 50 Jedi Sentinel, Tranquility, JC

I play the vaunted 31/31/31 spec... It's not that good though.

Danicony
11.23.2012 , 04:03 PM | #220
People seem to have a hard time grasping that marauders are melee, medium armour, in carnage/anni they only have one real gap closer (you can say force camo, but using it to initiate against anything save agents is stupid) so that basically implies that a knockback would **** up maras pretty badly.

People just need to learn how to use their abilities, it's not like undying rage gives CC immunity, and slows isn't affected by the resolve, neither is knockback.

I do agree that mara's force camo needs a 15-30 sec cooldown increase, as mentioned earlier.

But depriving maras of their survivability is just destroying the class as a whole. It's like removing cover from snipers.