Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Canon ten most powerful Jedi and Sith.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Canon ten most powerful Jedi and Sith.

Aurbere
11.23.2012 , 10:27 AM | #161
Quote: Originally Posted by MasterMe View Post
hmmm. Interesting.

However, you paint a picture that seems to imply that we (the guys who don't know who Revan actually is) have lost to the haters. I feel like (in the recent threads) that we have not made some excellent points and have failed to expose the so-called faulty logic of those who who underrate Revan.
Fixed that for you.
Added Chapter 29 to The Shadows Fall
"My ultimate goal is the secret of life-that life that gives us consciousness, for without consciousness each of us is nothing. Through science, i will create new life and sustain my own. There is no reason Darth Plagueis could not live forever."

MasterMe
11.23.2012 , 01:47 PM | #162
Quote: Originally Posted by Aurbere View Post
Fixed that for you.
I see that. Have fun.

BrandonSM
11.23.2012 , 02:12 PM | #163
hmmm. Interesting.

However, you paint a picture that seems to imply that we (the guys who know who Revan actually is) have lost to the haters. I feel like (in the recent threads) that we've made some excellent points and have exposed the faulty logic of those who who underrate Revan.
" we (The guys who know who Revan actually is)".

This statement, degrades any respect for you. Because you are implying that you know more about the character than us because your a fan of him. Yet we have all read the novels and played the games.
Hapan: "This creature has information that could lead us to a woman who has been kidnapped. We will get that information."
Luke: "This woman is a citizen of the New Republic, and if you do not take your hands off her, I will take your hands off you."

mefit
11.23.2012 , 02:16 PM | #164
hmmm. Interesting.

However, you paint a picture that seems to imply that we (the guys who know who Revan actually is) have lost to the haters. I feel like (in the recent threads) that we've made some excellent points and have exposed the faulty logic of those who who underrate Revan.

What really gets on my nerves is how the haters (maybe not haters - we'll call them underraters) try to justify underrating Revan because "he's blown out of proportion" or "everyone thinks he's all we're saying is that he's not." There a TON more people who underrate Revan then those who would overrate him. I haven't seen anyone on these threads (recently) say anything like "Revan is the best! He could beat Luke!" Nobody is saying that.

Revan argument in a nutshell:
Anti-Revanites think the argument is: Revan IS a god vs. Revan is NOT a god
But this is the actual argument: Revan IS powerful vs Revan is OK
Quote: Originally Posted by MasterMe

hmmm. Interesting.

However, you paint a picture that seems to imply that we (the guys who don't know who Revan actually is) have lost to the haters. I feel like (in the recent threads) that we have not made some excellent points and have failed to expose the so-called faulty logic of those who who underrate Revan.

Fixed that for you.
Changing peoples post to demean them is where things go from Debat to petty , sad to see Aurbere now going down this road , not that it matters but at this point I lost respect for you or your threads .
Darth Mefit
Sith Marauder
Chiss
Shadowlands Server

Aurbere
11.23.2012 , 02:19 PM | #165
Quote: Originally Posted by mefit View Post
Quote: Originally Posted by MasterMe

hmmm. Interesting.

However, you paint a picture that seems to imply that we (the guys who don't know who Revan actually is) have lost to the haters. I feel like (in the recent threads) that we have not made some excellent points and have failed to expose the so-called faulty logic of those who who underrate Revan. [/COLOR]

Changing peoples post to demean them is where things go from Debat to petty , sad to see Aurbere now going down this road , not that it matters but at this point I lost respect for you or your threads .
Somebody can't take a joke...
"My ultimate goal is the secret of life-that life that gives us consciousness, for without consciousness each of us is nothing. Through science, i will create new life and sustain my own. There is no reason Darth Plagueis could not live forever."

mefit
11.23.2012 , 02:22 PM | #166
Quote: Originally Posted by BrandonSM View Post

This statement, degrades any respect for you. Because you are implying that you know more about the character than us because your a fan of him. Yet we have all read the novels and played the games.
You (The guys who attack post by anyone who would not agree who Revan actually is being their is no Canon to where is his abilities or skils are at) seem to think you know more than Leland Chee even though you guys source him much being he is the record holder of all is Canon and has not uttered any Word or so much as a letter on what Revan is or able to do.

BrandonSM , not like we had respect for eachother since the begining of this game anyways , nor do I care . In reality nothing being said on who or what could be Revan is Canon , Fact , or more than Biased Opinion .

If you type in Revan there is 7 Pages of Threads dissing Revan ,and 1 1/2 Page of Issues with Foundry and its bugs , and 1/2 a page of praise .

Revan topic is way overly done on this Site's forums period and overshadows all other Characters from SW , and that is sad . It seems more fun to get these Threads going knowing that it will be ongoing attacks and opinions .
Darth Mefit
Sith Marauder
Chiss
Shadowlands Server

MasterMe
11.23.2012 , 02:41 PM | #167
Quote: Originally Posted by BrandonSM View Post

I'm saying I and a few others know who Revan COMPARITIVELY better then Rayla and Aurbere.

Was my statement kind of rude? Yes. I won't deny that I sounded like a snob when I said that, but it was in retaliation to the NUMEROUS posts of Rayla and Aurbere that have bothered me. I'm sure you understand.

Let me rephrase what I said/meant. Do I know more facts about Revan then Aurbere or Rayla does? Probably not. Do I interpret these facts differently? Oh yes! Is my interpretation correct? Oh yes!

Rayla and Aurbere twist the facts about Revan into insignificant accomplishments, whereas I take these facts to mean what they actually are. They act as if their false interpretations are canon.

You will also notice that they say things like "Mace Windu would make Revan cry like a little baby." - Aurbere
This is the kind of thing they'll say when I AGREE with them that Windu would beat Revan. Yet I say that Revan would give Windu a respectable fight, whereas they insist that Windu would wipe the floor with Revan.

Swarlesx
11.23.2012 , 02:47 PM | #168
I'm saying I and a few others know who Revan COMPARITIVELY better then Rayla and Aurbere.

Was my statement kind of rude? Yes. I won't deny that I sounded like a snob when I said that, but it was in retaliation to the NUMEROUS posts of Rayla and Aurbere that have bothered me. I'm sure you understand.

Let me rephrase what I said/meant. Do I know more facts about Revan then Aurbere or Rayla does? Probably not. Do I interpret these facts differently? Oh yes! Is my interpretation correct? Oh yes!

Rayla and Aurbere twist the facts about Revan into insignificant accomplishments, whereas I take these facts to mean what they actually are. They act as if their false interpretations are canon.

You will also notice that they say things like "Mace Windu would make Revan cry like a little baby." - Aurbere
This is the kind of thing they'll say when I AGREE with them that Windu would beat Revan. Yet I say that Revan would give Windu a respectable fight, whereas they insist that Windu would wipe the floor with Revan.
I just wanna make a quick comparison with the "Mace would make Revan cry" bit. When Boba was thirteen he put up a decent fight against Mace. I think Revan could do the same.

Aurbere
11.23.2012 , 03:04 PM | #169
Let's compare Revan with Mace Windu, then we can make our predictions.

Mace Windu:
Second-best Lightsaber duelist in the Jedi Order, second only to Yoda. Mastered all seven forms and created Vaapad. Bested Darth Sidious in a Lightsaber duel. Mace Windu is a strong candidate for Top 5 Duelists.
Shatterpoint
Force Crush
Force Choke
One of the most powerful Jedi of his time. Mace Windu is one of the few members of his Order that can stand amongst the Jedi of the New Jedi Order.

Revan:
Second-best Lightsaber duelist of his time, with great skill with the Lightsaber.
One of the most powerful Force-users of his time. He has some tough competition with Surik, Kun, Traya, Nihilus and others.
Tutaminis
Exotic powers
Some Dark Side abilities, but mainly uses Jedi powers.

Overall, we could say that they are equivalent in status for their times. Not equivalent in skill or power, but in where they stand for their time. This type of comparison shows that Luke and Yoda are of comparable status as they are both Grandmasters of their Orders, but Luke is the better Jedi.

Victory points to Mace Windu on this one.

MasterMe
11.23.2012 , 03:22 PM | #170
Let's compare Revan with Mace Windu, then we can make our predictions.

Mace Windu:
Second-best Lightsaber duelist in the Jedi Order, second only to Yoda. Mastered all seven forms and created Vaapad. Bested Darth Sidious in a Lightsaber duel. Mace Windu is a strong candidate for Top 5 Duelists.
Shatterpoint
Force Crush
Force Choke
One of the most powerful Jedi of his time. Mace Windu is one of the few members of his Order that can stand amongst the Jedi of the New Jedi Order.

Revan:
Second-best Lightsaber duelist of his time, with great skill with the Lightsaber.
One of the most powerful Force-users of his time. He has some tough competition with Surik, Kun, Traya, Nihilus and others.
Tutaminis
Exotic powers
Some Dark Side abilities, but mainly uses Jedi powers.

Overall, we could say that they are equivalent in status for their times. Not equivalent in skill or power, but in where they stand for their time. This type of comparison shows that Luke and Yoda are of comparable status as they are both Grandmasters of their Orders, but Luke is the better Jedi.

Victory points to Mace Windu on this one.
I totally agree with you. Mace Windu would have a sound victory on this one. What do I mean by sound victory? Well it's in between a beat down and a very close battle.

Beat down = the Dooku vs Obi-wan/Anakin fight (episode 2)
Very close battle = Anakin vs Obi-wan (episode 3)

A sound victory would be somewhere in between the two.