Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Unable to buy more Cartel Coins

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Hammerzzz
11.23.2012 , 08:31 AM | #711
I will not be sending them all my personal details and go through hoops on that scale and verify me when they have already successfully charged me for years.

- They have my details on my swotor account anyways.
- They bill me monthly and for the first day of Cartel purchases
- They billed me from games to cards to subs for years. I hardly need to show them proof of who I am at this juncture.

The problem is on their end, and they should just fix their retarded horrible billing system.

- It is not reasonable to launch a major feature/patch/expansion and then immediately go on holiday.
- It is not reasonable to be unresponsive in the constructive kind of way for a week after the problems of this magnitude appear
- It is not OK to try and turn their own failure to operate professionally around and make us go through this kind of BS after a week to satisfy their own failures.

It is a farce. Simple as that.

I played at launch and although buggy it was within expected limits and it did not destroy my game play.

Since patch 1.4 my graphics went straight to hell, I got artifacts, lines coming out of my light sabers, tearing, stuttering etc

- Since Patch 1.5 I have unlocked my HK companion but he has no gear.
- I cannot buy cartel coins due to "general error"
- I have not gotten my Kolto (sp?) speeder even though this very website tells me I should have (IE referred friend has indeed bought game and paid first moth sub after the initial free sub etc)
- I crash to desktop when doing the conversation in the Foundry every single time,
- Because I cannot buy cartel coins I cannot unlock my HK companion on other characters, even if gear-less
- Due to the non-existent customer services by the time they get off sipping drinks on a beach after a launch (seriously that will never stop boggling the mind) it will have become moot for me as I will have leveled up anyways.

Loosing out on the "gold" rush on GTN while other feast on the madness? or what about the FTP players who depend on being able to spend cartel coins but have same issues as me theyre even more screwed than I am?

What I am saying is list goes on in perpetuity.

It is quite simply staggering in its arrogance.

L_Starbreeze
11.23.2012 , 08:32 AM | #712
Quote: Originally Posted by Harsisus View Post
Apparently some situations flag our credit cards and block them - which meant that when I tried the infamous "delete your card information, and re-add it to your account" method to buy Cartel Coins the system wouldn't accept the card again (due to various circumstances, combined with the failed Cartel Coin purchases) - when you call up they have to eventually go through a process of "white-listing".

What they'll do is send you out an e-mail with a request for information, proof of identification, that you send back, and they can forward it to unblock your card on the Star Wars: The Old Republic site (this is regardless of whether you've used it successfully on other sites such as the Origin Store - because of the numerous failed Cartel Coin purchases I guess).

I called up the Account & Billing on Skype (+1-855-467-9867), and was through to Gentleman #1 (didn't catch his name) in literally less than 10 seconds after the whole "if you need such and such, press 1" stage; this agent was very aware of the Cartel Coin hassle and explained he'd just had a caller with my situation (couldn't buy Cartel Coins due to an error, then they tried to delete and re-add the card, which also produced an error). He added notes to my ticket, which he then gave me the number of, and proceeded to escalate the call through to a specialized billing team.

Gentleman #2 (Phil) was extremely clear and understanding, and after having a look at the issue and listening to my explanation he suggested I re-enter the card, but instead of selecting "VISA" I select "VISA DELTA" (as this had worked for some people in the past) - unfortunately this resulted in the same problem so he politely put me on hold for about 5 minutes, and came back and explained the reasoning & process of "white-listing" my card on the SW:ToR system.

The whole process begins with an e-mail which is sent out after the call, which contains the message in the quote at the end of this post. Once you send in the identification the process should not take long (quoted within 8 hours, but please allow 48 hours before calling back).

All in all, the total call time was 32 minutes (this includes the initial number mashing at the start and the hold times in between agents) - so I'm quite happy with the result so far (I'm pretty certain I've gone beyond frustrated through to being amused at the whole payment debacle...). Let's just hope it doesn't take long for them to process the e-mail I sent.

Hopefully one or two of you may find this information helpful, so good luck!
anything on if you try to add a completely different card or even add a paypal? Even after I am still having issues, I am going to wait a few days before i even try, just to see if it is a cool down from attempt to attempt.

YOu did good my friend you obviously have more patience than some of us.

Harsisus
11.23.2012 , 08:42 AM | #713
Quote: Originally Posted by L_Starbreeze View Post
anything on if you try to add a completely different card or even add a paypal? Even after I am still having issues, I am going to wait a few days before i even try, just to see if it is a cool down from attempt to attempt.

YOu did good my friend you obviously have more patience than some of us.
Ah unfortunately I forgot to query them on those options - but they do seem to be aware of an astonishing number of people having issues and appear to have gotten a system in place to pin down the causes for some specific cases (still no blanket fix yet, though...).

(Bear in mind this is pure observation based on my call, and I do not condone their actions over the past week here on the forums or in support tickets...).

Harsisus
11.23.2012 , 10:53 AM | #714
Update:

Seems they took around 4 hours to process the e-mail I sent them with proof of identity. Cartel Coin purchase went through normally, and card is accepted again. (Yes, the Coins appeared instantly in game also).

SosukeAizen
11.23.2012 , 12:08 PM | #715
What the heck is going on about this, No response on CS No response to emails, it is very bad.

DOCSMonkey
11.23.2012 , 12:49 PM | #716
4 days later and i still cannot purchase cartel coins....... very frustrating

AJDragonis
11.23.2012 , 12:54 PM | #717
I'm having the same issue on both my account and on my wifes account. All payment methods that I use are failing.

EDIT: Actually... come to think of it, I think it's been about 4 days since the sight started erroring for me when I tried to buy them as well.

Yukiri
11.23.2012 , 12:56 PM | #718
I ended up calling them this morning and luckily had almost no wait time to get someone on the phone with me. My missing cartel coins should 'appear in 2-3 days' Ive been assured (although Im anything but confident at this point).

My card had apparently been blocked due to multiple failed transaction processes so I attempted what had been mentioned earlier and removed my card only to find it unable to be readded, like so many others. Customer support was zero help and didnt offer or want to re-add my card over the phone, they insisted that once the failed authorizations cleared from my account history (takes 24 hours they say) then it should work again normally.

Best part is, removing my card has apparently removed me from as a "subscriber". I logged in to find my credits pruned down to 200k, all my hotbars gone and my account apparently relegated to free to play. I like this game and have enjoyed playing it again after such a long break, but this has been the most frustrating and slipshod way to run a game that Ive ever seen.

Mara_Zyras
11.23.2012 , 01:10 PM | #719
Quote: Originally Posted by DOCSMonkey View Post
4 days later and i still cannot purchase cartel coins....... very frustrating
Me too...you think they would notice people in this thread and get onto the problem sharp-ish because they are losing out on money here.

sarazoul
11.23.2012 , 01:26 PM | #720
I have an update for you guys.

Had the same error for days and now it works fine. Here is what happened in my case.

I had the same issue. After the fourth 5500 coins purchase, i got the error. For 4 days, nothing changed.

Then i made the stupid mistake to delete my CC information from my account. I believed that it could solve the problem. But when i tried to add it again. I couldn't. I was blocked, like many others who did this as i did.

Today i called support by phone. Got someone after 10 minutes of waiting. So i asked her to help me add my CC card again. We did this by phone, she asked all the necessary information and so on. After an other 10 minutes my credit card was back on my account.

Before we finished, she did tell me this "Now i can tell you right now, your credit card will work this time if you want to purchase more Cartel coins. Do you want me to buy some for you now?" I said yes, get me two 5500 coins. Checked and they were there. (She did not offer the coins to me, she just made the payment on her end)

After that i did ask about the error message. She seemed very confident about what she was saying. And responded

"We are aware of this issue, and while i know that most of you will not believe us... The problem is actually an anti-fraud security mesure that prevents you to purchase in big bursts and in a short amount of time. The reason why this happens after 4 payments or somethimes just 2 is because these vary depending on the bank and the CC. I know this seems hard for you to believe, but IT IS what's preventing many of you to pay. This is not something we expect you to settle with your bank. We are currently working on a solution to lift that limit. And it's more complicated than what you might think. But we are working on it. In your case however, i can tell you that you creditcard will work fine, you will be able to purchase more CC now."

Since that phone call, bought 4 packs of 5500 coins. As she said, it works perfectly fine now for me.

So i have a feeling that she actually knew what was wrong. If you havn't tried already, do call customer service and tell them about your credit card issue and the cartel coins. If she fixed it for me, i have a feeling some of you might get the same.

Hope this helps.