Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Debunking false ideas about Mara/Sents in PVP

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Debunking false ideas about Mara/Sents in PVP

BoDiE
11.23.2012 , 03:38 AM | #201
Quote: Originally Posted by NathanielStarr View Post
Here is something to debunk, Marauders/Sentinels are not OP.
Maybe not in your inept hands?
epicfail
Nothing ever good comes from gaming forums.

Smashbrother
11.23.2012 , 05:10 AM | #202
Quote: Originally Posted by NathanielStarr View Post
Here is something to debunk, Marauders/Sentinels are not OP.
Then I guess commandos aren't UP.

Nyaara
11.23.2012 , 06:49 AM | #203
Marauders/Sents are very very very very powerful in PvP. Everyone knows that. And everyone means everyone. If anyone says are not, he´s lying.

But there is another point, they are very annoying class when is attacking you. A lot., too much. And thats not good for the game. Bioware seems that they re unable to see this. I got several classes and played tons of wzs and the less the marauders/sents in the fight, more fun is the warzone, much less messy.

We saw the imba Operatives at release. And was not fun. You didnt see coming and killed in a few secs with no choice. This is not the same and so op but seeing a guy leaping you, smashing you and when (if) you got a choice, they vanishes or put some strong shields is not funny either. If you put some maras together inside a wz, is a mess of leaps, sounds, animations, awful dps that makes the fight very annoying for the enemy.

Marauders are like a mosquito, not a tiny one but huge, too huge.

fungihoujo
11.23.2012 , 07:23 AM | #204
Oh look, more lolrauders who think ravage can be interrupted. Yes, we believe that the reason you suck as a marauder is because the class isn't that good- not because you're a terrible player.

Now, can we get back to whining about how sorc bubbles add another 3 seconds to your kill streaks?

Phasersablaze
11.23.2012 , 10:32 AM | #205
Lol at the people calling this a QQ thread. All of you are just proving that you can't read.

Most Marauders in these forums are so scared to death about getting nerfed they can't even hold an intelligent conversation about their abilities. I put you in the same category as rednecks who blindly defend "Murica".

And back on topic:

Marauders are a very balanced class. I think the amount of thought that was put into each of the Marauders abilities should be put into the other classes as well. Too many other ACs are just clunky or severely lacking tools.

PowerReaper
11.23.2012 , 10:35 AM | #206
Here is some more funny things i hear about Marauders/Sentinels.
- "Why do Marauders have tankish defensive cool downs".
- I hope you realize, cool downs don't just make a tank, a lot more makes a tank, spec, gear, etc NOT just cool downs.

- "A healer will just heal the Marauder/Sentinel why GBTF or UR is up.
- I lol when i hear this, the healer should always be one of your primary targets. He should of been long dead, .
Prophecy Of The Five
Warlord Èschaton - 55 Sith Juggernaut
Elite Warlord Christine - 55 Jedi Sentinel

Erishumlol
11.23.2012 , 11:20 AM | #207
Quote: Originally Posted by Phasersablaze View Post
Lol at the people calling this a QQ thread. All of you are just proving that you can't read.

Most Marauders in these forums are so scared to death about getting nerfed they can't even hold an intelligent conversation about their abilities.

LMAO how can anyone take what you say serious after this -

Quote:
Up to 2 leaps available which are effectively two ranged interrupts. Also, those interrupts are true interrupts. The person being lept to is stunned the instant the marauder hits his ability...before his feet even leave the ground to leap to you.

Quote:
2nd leap is specced into and is only 15m. Point taken.

It's 10m oh I see you edited that after getting schooled by MusicRider lol. Also you make it sound as if all 3 specs have a second leap, next time get a clue before you make a thread like this if you expect people not to laugh at your QQing. This guy has some nerve telling people they don't know their own class abilities, ROFL at least I had a good laugh at your QQ thread. THANKS!
Hulkgg - Marauder

Phasersablaze
11.23.2012 , 11:34 AM | #208
Quote: Originally Posted by Erishumlol View Post
LMAO Also you make it sound as if all 3 specs have a second leap,
Really guy? What a moron. I specifically say you have to spec into the second leap. You are flat out lying.

Also the difference between a 15m leap and a 10m leap is miniscule. I wasn't playing my sentinel at the time and I don't have a perfect memory. Your argument falls short, and I would suggest that you go back to playing with your other marauder buddies that thing Ravage can be countered with an interrupt.

Smashbrother
11.23.2012 , 11:50 AM | #209
Quote: Originally Posted by PowerReaper View Post
Here is some more funny things i hear about Marauders/Sentinels.
- "Why do Marauders have tankish defensive cool downs".
- I hope you realize, cool downs don't just make a tank, a lot more makes a tank, spec, gear, etc NOT just cool downs.
Outside of pure tanks with tank gear, they are the hardest to kill. There's no arguing that.

Quote:
- "A healer will just heal the Marauder/Sentinel why GBTF or UR is up.
- I lol when i hear this, the healer should always be one of your primary targets. He should of been long dead, .
Actually VGs are the primary targets, along with any other easily killed high dps targets like snipers. The healers will usually just get CCed, or chain interrupted. You don't actually need to kill them, just make them ineffective.

Erishumlol
11.23.2012 , 11:53 AM | #210
Quote: Originally Posted by Phasersablaze View Post
I wasn't playing my sentinel at the time and I don't have a perfect memory. .

Yet you make a thread like this? The world would be better off without donks like you, once again thanks for the laugh clown.
Hulkgg - Marauder