Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

WORKAROUND - Flashpoint Crashing

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
WORKAROUND - Flashpoint Crashing
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

kitno
11.22.2012 , 11:56 PM | #1
Like many other here I've been unable to finish the Esseles (or Black Talon) flashpoints, crashing at the same point at the end of the storyline when the ship jumps to light speed. Memoryman.dll and MSVCR90.dll being the culprits. I just finished the Esseles without crashing, here's what I did step by step. I hope it works for others having this issue. I ran this solo with my companion, graphics very high, fullscreen, vsync on, native resolution 1920x1080.

This workaround should also work for Black Talon and Factory.

When you get to the point in the FP where you are crashing, simply ALT+TAB(minimize if in windowed mode) out of the game before the hyperspace animation. Wait 30 seconds, open the game back up and continue the FP.

UPDATE: After talking to Harken, immediately ALT+TAB out of the game. Wait 20-30 seconds for "jump to light speed" animation to finish. Open game back up, finish flashpoint. Or simply minimize the window if your playing windowed mode. No need to go through all of the other steps.

Spoiler

I hope this works for everyone else.

Beesodd
11.23.2012 , 12:04 AM | #2 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Thanks for the provided workaround, kitno.

Hopefully it will be useful while we're looking into the issue with Hyperspace animations that some players are seeing.

Beesodd | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support| Find help for all EA Games at Answer HQ.

kitno
11.23.2012 , 12:26 AM | #3
No problem. Against better judgment I decided to run it again to find out if simply using alt+tab will work. We'll see.

Update: Yep, alt+tab works. Should have tried that first. Oh well.

Elysith
11.23.2012 , 02:57 AM | #4
Nice, that workaround also work for the crash in Foundry (Hard Mode). I can finally finish the dialogue with Officer Martos

kitno
11.23.2012 , 03:25 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Elysith View Post
Nice, that workaround also work for the crash in Foundry (Hard Mode). I can finally finish the dialogue with Officer Martos
Awesome, glad it worked for you.

MilesTeg_cy
11.23.2012 , 06:51 AM | #6
Thanks man, this is great
All governments suffer a recurring problem: Power attracts pathological personalities. It is not that power corrupts but that it is magnetic to the corruptible. Such people have a tendency to become drunk on violence, a condition to which they are quickly addicted. - Frank Herbert

kitno
11.23.2012 , 01:07 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by MilesTeg_cy View Post
Thanks man, this is great
Glad it helped. Which FP did you use it on?

MilesTeg_cy
11.24.2012 , 05:04 AM | #8
It was Esseles.
All governments suffer a recurring problem: Power attracts pathological personalities. It is not that power corrupts but that it is magnetic to the corruptible. Such people have a tendency to become drunk on violence, a condition to which they are quickly addicted. - Frank Herbert

Deimias
11.24.2012 , 10:58 AM | #9
Tried it with Fullscreen (windowed) and failed. The did it with windowed and it worked

But there go my plans of running BT

kitno
11.24.2012 , 10:07 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Deimias View Post
Tried it with Fullscreen (windowed) and failed. The did it with windowed and it worked

But there go my plans of running BT
Happy it worked for you. But why does that ruin your plans for BT?