Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Debunking false ideas about Mara/Sents in PVP

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Debunking false ideas about Mara/Sents in PVP

Jadescythe
11.16.2012 , 12:39 PM | #191
Quote: Originally Posted by Exgrunt View Post
Yes I was wondering the same thing when I first started however he tooltip for ravage is wrong it is very much interruptable. Happens to me all the time by people who actually know what the hell they are doing instead of those that scream nerf cuz they suck and are unwilling to try and get better. I will post a screenshot tomorrow as proof.
Seriously, stop. An actual interrupt does not work on ravage. It requires some type of CC (stun, mez, kb, etc) or vanish to break it.
The Original Aether Legacy
Erza-Jugg / Saberscythe-Mara / Atropo-Sorc
Patharos-Guardian / Kadinne-Vanguard / Aquilo-Sage
Prophecy of the Five

Smashbrother
11.16.2012 , 01:29 PM | #192
Lol so many posts got deleted. I wish I could see the shame wash over exgrunt's face when he tests out whether MS can be interrupted or not, and finds out he's dead wrong. Anyone want to take bets on whether he'll actually come back and admit he's wrong?

Smashbrother
11.17.2012 , 01:43 AM | #193
Where you at exgrunt? We're all waiting on your test of MS to prove that you were right and we're all wrong.

Wainamoinen
11.17.2012 , 08:29 AM | #194
Don't be too hard on exgrunt, he's made an embarrasing but honest mistake. Many people who play sents/maras probably don't realise how easy they have it.

Just had to query a claim made earlier though: scoundrels/ops have a "godmode"? Wish someone had told me about it.

We do have Dodge: 3s (4s with set bonus) of 100% increase to dodge, which means most melee and ranged attacks will miss. Sadly, tech and force attacks still cream us. So if it's a godmode, then I can only assume the god in question is the god of toilets.

Come off it, sents/maras have amazing defensive CDs, no-one else compares. It's disingenuous to claim otherwise.
It's a small world and it smells funny, I'd buy another if it wasn't for the money.
Ilmarinen 55 Scoundrel (Red Eclipse)

Exgrunt
11.17.2012 , 02:17 PM | #195
I tested it and was indeed wrong. I apologize for anything I said that crossed the line I was incredibly drunk that night after going to the bar with my wife. And no I am not embarrassed or shamed Smashbrother, I am not the type to easily shame or embarrass.
Have fun Kill pubs

MidichIorian
11.17.2012 , 04:37 PM | #196
Can we atleast all agree on that the best looking players are playing mara/sent?
Referral Link (grants you free stuff)
SkittLEs
TOFN/TRE

Eyesmindassassin
11.18.2012 , 02:11 AM | #197
OP is trolling. He said Mara's Force Push him twice within 5 seconds. Mara's don't even have Force Push and Juggs/Guards have Force Push, but it has a 1 minute CD. This can't be life. He also stated Charge stuns people, which it doesn't.

It roots and often times, you Charge someone and they are not even rooted and just continue runnning while your Charge goes on CD and you're still out of melee range of them. He also stated that Obliterate has a 30 meter range. Then someone corrected him and he changed it to 15 meter range. It has a 10 meter range. And the OP claims to have a Sentinel?

I don't think so. If you did, you would not be making QQ threads on this forum and instead be getting rolled in WZ because you're a bad player and could not play a Sentinel as effectively as you can play the other faceroll classes in this game that QQ about them. Why is it that when I play the other classes in this game, it's so much easier than my Sentinel? Why am I rarely targetted or die whenever I play one of the ranged or healer classe? Why do I enter WZ's at level 10 on those classes and break 100-400k healing and almost no deaths?

You guys are bad and should feel bad back-peddling and keyboard turning away from Mara's jumping on you. If you spent enough time learning how to play a Marauder so that you knew it inside and out on how to counter it like I do on your classes, you would be a better player (not much though, because remember, you are still horrible at this game and can't counter one of the easiest classes to counter). I mean, on my Mara I have the worst stun in the game, a 3 second channeled, self-CCing, interruptable by all interrupts, KB's, stuns, mezzs, etc in the game and can still shut down any Mara that decides to pop UR instantly thus completely negating his survival CD entirely every single time. You are so bad. How hard is it to pop your instant stun, KB, root, kite, etc the Mara while UR is active.

Or better yet, stun right before and kill them before they can even blow it. I mean, seriously. You guys are so bad at this thing we do. If I were you, I'd just unsub now and save yourself a lot of heartache here. You're just not cut out for competitive gaming.

BoDiE
11.18.2012 , 04:42 AM | #198
DPS tank class= fail pvp. They're gonna get nerfed.
epicfail
Nothing ever good comes from gaming forums.

BoDiE
11.22.2012 , 01:56 PM | #199
Bumping this as maras are craving attention due to their butthurt with sage bubble
epicfail
Nothing ever good comes from gaming forums.

NathanielStarr
11.22.2012 , 11:21 PM | #200
Here is something to debunk, Marauders/Sentinels are not OP.