Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Classes so biased, no balance. =(

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Sith Inquisitor
Classes so biased, no balance. =(

Lenjok
11.22.2012 , 10:26 PM | #1
Started an inquisitor play through recently, was very fun.

The STARTING power pack was perfect for what I wanted. I few lightsaber attacks, a few force powers. I wanted to keep it that way, to fight with my light saber occasionally shooting out powers. Wanted to go balanced Lightsaber/Force power dps, Then BOOM, time to choose specialization:

Sorc - zero lightsaber combat, except for starting skills, and some stupid heals that are INBUILT, before actually choosing the heal tree.
Assasin - zero force use, except for starting skills, all the force powers focus on adding damage to the saber attacks and some stupid stealth that is also inbuilt before choosing the stealth tree.

So sad.

ElitehunterDS
11.22.2012 , 10:29 PM | #2
What is this i dont even..
Last i checked 95% of my skill use force..
Retiring from SWTOR August 2013

Sev'ra Level 55 Sith Assassin {Deception spec}
Tempest (Prophecy of the Five)

CondemnedMarine
11.22.2012 , 10:31 PM | #3
Well, the Sorcerer of course hardly uses their lightsaber, but that's because it's a 30m ranged class.

The assassin on the other hand is a melee class, but uses force powers quite a bit. No matter what build you go, you'll be switching between using lightsaber attacks and force powers like slow, lightning, shock, crushing darkness, and even adding a specific force charge to your lightsaber depending on the build. So no, it is not a pure lightsaber class. Even the warrior's advanced classes aren't pure lightsaber.

If you want a force power/lightsaber build, go with assassin and make a madness build. It's perfect for you, and works very well in any group.

Anysao
11.22.2012 , 10:33 PM | #4
Well, I don't know about assassin- there's a fair amount of shock and lightning involved. In the tank tree atleast. But if you don't like the double-blade and the stealth, I understand.

You make a good point.
Ooh! In WildStar, I get double jumps, path choices, and massive PvP!That sounds cool, but one question, where do I get a lightsaber?

I will never take someone who says "EAware" seriously.

Lenjok
11.22.2012 , 10:50 PM | #5
I guess I am just looking for some cool DPS powers to use, like the ones Warrior has - Scream, Push, Smash etc.
Adding in Lightning and Double bladed combat moves. A cross between the 2 would be the ideal. And would throw out all the healing and stealth and what not. Straight up combat.

Edit: Or here is a more elaborate explanation - I want enough DPS in my force powers to be able to kill JUST using force powers and enough DPS in my melee to be able to kill JUST with my lightsaber. Then I want to combine the 2 with variety and cooldowns for a more interesting combat.
But am not interested in fancy stealth / debuffs etc.

CondemnedMarine
11.22.2012 , 11:05 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Lenjok View Post
I guess I am just looking for some cool DPS powers to use, like the ones Warrior has - Scream, Push, Smash etc.
Adding in Lightning and Double bladed combat moves. A cross between the 2 would be the ideal. And would throw out all the healing and stealth and what not. Straight up combat.

Edit: Or here is a more elaborate explanation - I want enough DPS in my force powers to be able to kill JUST using force powers and enough DPS in my melee to be able to kill JUST with my lightsaber. Then I want to combine the 2 with variety and cooldowns for a more interesting combat.
But am not interested in fancy stealth / debuffs etc.
Definitely go madness spec Assassin then. You'll have enough DPS from lightsaber and force powers separately to kill most weak, standard, and some strong enemies, but you WILL have to use both for elite and higher level enemies.

Overall, there isn't a single class in the game with access to both that has enough power in either lightsaber or force powers to kill every enemy in the game without using the other alongside it. If that's what you're looking for, you are out of luck.

Smuglebunny
11.22.2012 , 11:06 PM | #7
You want to be a Rage Juggernaut or Focus Guardian. Go be one. lol. Force crush, Force Scream, Smash, Force choke...Lightsaber attacks. This is what you want. Just gotta get a little bit closer to your target but you get heavy armor. This will make you happy.

Lenjok
11.22.2012 , 11:30 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by CondemnedMarine View Post
Definitely go madness spec Assassin then. You'll have enough DPS from lightsaber and force powers separately to kill most weak, standard, and some strong enemies, but you WILL have to use both for elite and higher level enemies.

Overall, there isn't a single class in the game with access to both that has enough power in either lightsaber or force powers to kill every enemy in the game without using the other alongside it. If that's what you're looking for, you are out of luck.
No that is actually exactly what I want basically, to combine the 2 in equal measure to take down my enemies. I wouldn't expect to take down elites using only one side. =)
Ok then I will try madness.

Lenjok
11.22.2012 , 11:31 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Smuglebunny View Post
You want to be a Rage Juggernaut or Focus Guardian. Go be one. lol. Force crush, Force Scream, Smash, Force choke...Lightsaber attacks. This is what you want. Just gotta get a little bit closer to your target but you get heavy armor. This will make you happy.
Hmm, I might try this too.

AdmiralParmesan
11.22.2012 , 11:47 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by CondemnedMarine;5459261[B
]Well, the Sorcerer of course hardly uses their lightsaber, but that's because it's a 30m ranged class.[/B]

The assassin on the other hand is a melee class, but uses force powers quite a bit. No matter what build you go, you'll be switching between using lightsaber attacks and force powers like slow, lightning, shock, crushing darkness, and even adding a specific force charge to your lightsaber depending on the build. So no, it is not a pure lightsaber class. Even the warrior's advanced classes aren't pure lightsaber.

If you want a force power/lightsaber build, go with assassin and make a madness build. It's perfect for you, and works very well in any group.
No, sorcs don't use melee attacks because unlike its assassin cousin sorcs don't get any benefit to their melee damage from willpower. Instead of a sorc saber slash maybe hitting for 1 or 2k it hits for 300 damage. Its either a glitch or a senseless bias against sorcs on bioware's fault.

Personally I think Sorcs should at least have some use for the melee attacks. You certainly see Emperor Palatine use his lightsaber in his battles, there is no reason the sorc class should have its melee abilities be completely worthless.