Warzone Selector?

Chromedbustop

Can we please get a filter option for warzones such as there is for flashpoints?

I hate Huttball, I suck at Huttball. I do more harm than good in Huttball. I don't want to play Huttball! I'm not going to ever get better at it.

I know that we can just leave a warzone and re-queue but it would be nice to not even have huttball, or any particular warzone(s), in the rotation. Since it's been done for the LFG Flashpoint tool, why not Warzones eh?

I don't think subdividing the wz queue further is a good idea. A lot of the servers (numerically probably most of them) have very shallow queues already. And if you allow some teams to specify what matches they will play, they will form specialized team configurations that will be a nightmare when they face teams that aren't specialized. How does it improve overall game experience if a 4 tank, 4 healer team sits in the Huttball queue all day, making that map a disaster for all the other teams? Or if a all stealth team sits on the new Ancient Hypergates wz queue?

No selector plz.

WHY ?

First, I remember on my server the ratio of Empire and Rep was 5:1. At that time, Huttball was the only game that you can play between the same faction. A premade that is build up for huttball (Tank Jugg, Sorc healer, Asssins and Mara) could win all WZ just with this. So I'm sure there will be team build only for Huttball and that's gonna suck because they will only play Huttball ...

Second, we have very low waiting queue time because the warzone are random and all people that are queueing can be match. With the selector and 5 WZ map in 1.6, you wlll split you PvP community and the queue time will rise.

Warzone selector ? No thank you. At leastt not for now until we got cross server and more population.

No selector plz.

WHY ?

First, I remember on my server the ratio of Empire and Rep was 5:1. At that time, Huttball was the only game that you can play between the same faction. A premade that is build up for huttball (Tank Jugg, Sorc healer, Asssins and Mara) could win all WZ just with this. So I'm sure there will be team build only for Huttball and that's gonna suck because they will only play Huttball ...

Second, we have very low waiting queue time because the warzone are random and all people that are queueing can be match. With the selector and 5 WZ map in 1.6, you wlll split you PvP community and the queue time will rise.

Warzone selector ? No thank you. At leastt not for now until we got cross server and more population.

What exactly do you think is going to happen when people land on unwanted WZ's? Yes, they willl bail out, which creates even more team imbalance on PUG's due to the revolving door effect.

WZ selector, yes please.

Edited by Beansoup

that cant happen for two reasons.

1. there is no cross server que (ROFL @ that) the que times would be horrendous.

2. certain FOTOM classes favor certain WZ's (example HB favors the leaper / glow stick classes not to mention speeders / pullers. voidstar favors the AOE classes, Ect.

if they allowed selective queing then it would pretty much destroy pvping with the class imballance and BW knows this thats why they never implemented this from the begining and added the extra CC to help hinder the imbalance to a degree and try to level the playing feild a bit, now we get to enjoy the new pvp experiance called PVCC!!!

What exactly do you think is going to happen when people land on unwanted WZ's? Yes, they willl bail out, which creates even more team imbalance on PUG's due to the revolving door effect.

WZ selector, yes please.

Few people are actually willing to just leave. Personally I hate voidstar, and if they implemented a selector, I would choose never to play it. However, I don't leave VS games when I get them right now. I just le sigh a bit and play.

I hate Huttball, I suck at Huttball. I do more harm than good in Huttball. I don't want to play Huttball! I'm not going to ever get better at it

Go roll a Sin/Shadow and try telling me you suck at Huttball. I have a Sin alt and (so long as we're not vsing a good Premade) I tend to score most of our teams points. Just go learn some tactics and you'll do fine.

Sorry WZ Selection is never going to happen, end of story.

1. It is supposed to be random, that's how it was designed.

2. If people only queue for their favorite WZ it's going to play merry hell with the matchmaking, you'll get really insanely long waits for WZs because everyone has their own favorite or is queuing a the FOTM that favors 1 particular WZ.

Also why do people always come down so hard on HB? It's a lot of fun and it's the most PuG friendly WZ out there, as it requires the least amount of tactics and co-ordination.

Perhaps t might be possible for premades in ranked WZs to choose their battles but not regular WZs and solo queuers.

Also why do people always come down so hard on HB? It's a lot of fun and it's the most PuG friendly WZ out there, as it requires the least amount of tactics and co-ordination.

I would actually say the exact opposite. Huttball requires a lot of tactics and coordination. Imo its the only warzone where a 4 man premade has a real advantage. You group with a tank jug, a sin, a sorc healer, and any good dps (I actually like having a sniper) you can totally win any huttball game with a competent group. All the other warzones you need to kill players in order to win (clearing nodes, attacking in VS etc), in huttball I have won matches 6-0 without topping 10k damage and recording 0 kills...does not happen all the time but huttball can be won with minimal dps.

Found your problem. Stop giving up so easily.

srry but that is a bad advice for some1 that hates *insert warzone here*, best advice is LEAVE asap as it finished loading and queue again, no leavers penalty remember?

What did I just read....with no tactic you can`t win, ya i won a few games just having some lucky leaps but that isn`t enough againts ppl that think, i ve seen lots of games where the 2 teams just zerg the middle and die and that s it.........always keep an eye for some1 to pass to when ur low health esp when u carry the ball have atleast 1 guy run ahead then pass to him, if the game hits the last 1:30 minute and it`s a tie i always shout to bring the ball down to our pit and hold it-pass between us, enemies die they never make it back, allies die their back immediatly.

Best classes for Huttball: juggernaut(best striker hands down has the most tools to work with)/sin & mara(2nd best strikers)/sorcerer(great offensive midfielder)/sniper (best defensive midfielder)/powertech (great defender)

Edited by iDraxter