Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

An in-depth look at: Force Powers- Sever Force

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
An in-depth look at: Force Powers- Sever Force

mefit
11.22.2012 , 06:08 PM | #21
I do believe Darth Nihilus used Force Drain on Darth Traya , being to be honest if you play through KotoR II it can be sensed if Kreia wanted at any point to hand out some WOOP*** she probably could .
I think Force Drain , kept her from counter attacking Scion as he was literally Man handling her .

To show my believe that Nihilus might not have any form of Force Sever is because at one point he is confronted by Scion who was in attempting to kill Nihilus . If Nihilus had Force Sever he wouldn't have just fried Scion , he would have likely full out killed him and shorten a otherwise very good story.

Side Note : 30+ Dollars later in Coins to Packs and no fricken mask of my Favorite Darklord Period . I feel I am being very much trolled by this game and very upset ..................

Tomorrow I will have spent 50dollars into coins , and if I do not get my Mask I will RAGGGGGGGE over this !
Darth Mefit
Sith Marauder
Chiss
Shadowlands Server

Aurbere
11.22.2012 , 06:53 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by mefit View Post
I do believe Darth Nihilus used Force Drain on Darth Traya , being to be honest if you play through KotoR II it can be sensed if Kreia wanted at any point to hand out some WOOP*** she probably could .
I think Force Drain , kept her from counter attacking Scion as he was literally Man handling her .

To show my believe that Nihilus might not have any form of Force Sever is because at one point he is confronted by Scion who was in attempting to kill Nihilus . If Nihilus had Force Sever he wouldn't have just fried Scion , he would have likely full out killed him and shorten a otherwise very good story.

Side Note : 30+ Dollars later in Coins to Packs and no fricken mask of my Favorite Darklord Period . I feel I am being very much trolled by this game and very upset ..................

Tomorrow I will have spent 50dollars into coins , and if I do not get my Mask I will RAGGGGGGGE over this !
Actually, Nihilus did use Sever Force on Traya when he and Sion rebelled. Why he did not use it on Sion, I do not know. Perhaps whatever humanity still remained within him felt no need to do so. This could explain why he didn't outright kill Traya. Or perhaps he was using Sion to draw out the Jedi. I don't know why Nihilus would let Sion leave.

And you probably wont get the mask. Very, very, very rare piece.
Added Chapter 41 to The Shadows Fall
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus

Beniboybling
11.23.2012 , 01:41 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Aurbere View Post
Actually, Nihilus did use Sever Force on Traya when he and Sion rebelled. Why he did not use it on Sion, I do not know. Perhaps whatever humanity still remained within him felt no need to do so. This could explain why he didn't outright kill Traya. Or perhaps he was using Sion to draw out the Jedi. I don't know why Nihilus would let Sion leave.

And you probably wont get the mask. Very, very, very rare piece.
When did Sion confront Nihilus, I thought that was cut content? (which he died in anyway, or at least was severely battered)

Aurbere
11.23.2012 , 10:15 AM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Beniboybling View Post
When did Sion confront Nihilus, I thought that was cut content? (which he died in anyway, or at least was severely battered)
It was cut, but I think the Restoration mod has the confrontation back in it. I don't know what happened to Sion though. All I know is that he got his butt kicked.
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus

lokdron
11.23.2012 , 10:58 AM | #25
It was cut, but I think the Restoration mod has the confrontation back in it. I don't know what happened to Sion though. All I know is that he got his butt kicked.
yeah that scene was awesome

Sion:I don't need you anymore! *ignites lightsaber*

Nihilus: *random sith language* *Then proceeds to wipe out the room*

Sion: D: ok then *limps away*

Ontopic, yeah I do think sith can use sever force but they cannot use wall of light.
You have seen it, you have felt it within you as you have traveled with me. The growing anger, the rage, and the power it brings. Yet the power does not build without struggle. Through small cruelties greater ones are born. Kriea/Darth Traya
Dark side eye topic make your voice heard if you want canon movie sith eyes!

Aurbere
11.23.2012 , 11:12 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by lokdron View Post
yeah that scene was awesome

Sion:I don't need you anymore! *ignites lightsaber*

Nihilus: *random sith language* *Then proceeds to wipe out the room*

Sion: D: ok then *limps away*

Ontopic, yeah I do think sith can use sever force but they cannot use wall of light.
I remember watching the scene on Youtube for the first time, it was sweet. Sion didnt have much of a chance. I think Nihilus was merciful in letting him go.

The use of Sever Force by the Sith is rare. Not many use it, but why Sever their connection to the Force when you can just kill them?

Beniboybling
11.23.2012 , 11:25 AM | #27
I remember watching the scene on Youtube for the first time, it was sweet. Sion didnt have much of a chance. I think Nihilus was merciful in letting him go.

The use of Sever Force by the Sith is rare. Not many use it, but why Sever their connection to the Force when you can just kill them?
There is another version... Sion doesn't get up.

Aurbere
11.23.2012 , 11:31 AM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Beniboybling View Post
There is another version... Sion doesn't get up.
That's what I like to hear. Never liked Sion anyway!

Maaruin
11.24.2012 , 03:20 PM | #29
Thanks for this. I was waiting for this since you started with Force powers.

Wall of Light, which seems to be connected with Sever Force, but not completely the same, raises another interesting question: Freedon Nadds spirit was able to block Exar Kun's use of/connection to the light side. Could this be the dark side version of this power, something like Wall of Darkness? Or, at least, based on it?
"I was one of many. We were servants of the dark side… Sith Lords, we called ourselves. So proud. In the end we were not so proud. We hid… hid from those we had betrayed. We fell… and I knew it would be so."
-Ajunta Pall

Aurbere
11.24.2012 , 04:58 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Maaruin View Post
Thanks for this. I was waiting for this since you started with Force powers.

Wall of Light, which seems to be connected with Sever Force, but not completely the same, raises another interesting question: Freedon Nadds spirit was able to block Exar Kun's use of/connection to the light side. Could this be the dark side version of this power, something like Wall of Darkness? Or, at least, based on it?
I'm not sure. I've never heard of a "Wall of Darkness". I would assume that it was Sever Force, which acts in a similar way. Sever Force is a power shared by Light and Dark, while Wall of Light is temporary as the Jedi can choose when to let it down. It is possible, if Freedon Nad had the knowledge of the ability and the power to use it. But it could also just be his spirit blocking his access to the Light Side.