Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Do you stay level 49 cause your that bad?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Do you stay level 49 cause your that bad?

Smashbrother
11.22.2012 , 03:38 PM | #21
My sin just got 49 and I'm probably going to keep him there for the foreseeable future. I've already got 4 chars at 50, I don't particularly want another one so I can grind WH on a 5th guy.

Groncho
11.22.2012 , 04:03 PM | #22
seen them
is amazing how some ppl can find fun in stacking gear
Ch
LATIN LOVER
Free Transfer??=

Lejune
11.22.2012 , 04:33 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Zunayson View Post
OP IS: Either hit 50 or has not hit 50. Irrefutable fact.
POSSIBILITY A:
IF OP has hit 50 and has PvP'd, THEN he's seen how 50 pvp is.
OP HAS: EIther got good gear in this bracket or he does not have good gear in this bracket.
IMPORTANT STATEMENT A: IF he has gotten good gear in this bracket, then he is destroying fresh fifties.
IMPORTANT STATEMENT B:IF he has not gotten good gear in this bracket, then he is being destroyed by full war hero.

POSSIBILITY B:
If OP has not hit 50 and has PvP'd (On this character), THEN he's seen the 10-49 bracket.
OP HAS: Either god good gear in this bracket or he does not have good gear in this bracket.
IMPORTANT STATEMENT C: IF he has gotten good gear in this bracket, then he is being a hypocrite by saying how twinks ruin the game.
IMPORTANT STATEMENT D: IF he has not gotten good gear in this bracket, then he is being destroyed by twinks.

Now,
If A is true, then he's also being a hypocrite by ruining the game for others. Ruining the game is bad, amirite?
If B is true, then he neglected to point out the injustice of being stomped on by war hero players. But only twinks are bad, amirite?
If C is true, then he'd be a hypocrite.
If D is true (evident by the post), then he should do the same and whine about full war hero players.

Now, it's possible that hes not hit fifty at all, on any character, and then he's in for a big surprise.
I've bested a twink before just in blues pretty much (~1150 main stat), it's not that hard. I've yet to best a full war hero aug'd with just recruit gear... I don't think that's gonna happen any time soon...
Well Said...Well Said. If you think there is a gap in the 49 twink vs lows... wait till you get into the recruit gear lol....you'll see lop sided then.

Smashbrother
11.22.2012 , 05:03 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Lejune View Post
Well Said...Well Said. If you think there is a gap in the 49 twink vs lows... wait till you get into the recruit gear lol....you'll see lop sided then.
The fighting capability between 49 twink and lvl 10 is much worse than fully augmented WH player vs. recruit. The amount of talent points between the two is worse than a gear gap.

My 49 twink sin can solo 2-3 lowbies easily.

ArchangelLBC
11.22.2012 , 05:06 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Zunayson View Post
OP IS: Either hit 50 or has not hit 50. Irrefutable fact.
POSSIBILITY A:
IF OP has hit 50 and has PvP'd, THEN he's seen how 50 pvp is.
OP HAS: EIther got good gear in this bracket or he does not have good gear in this bracket.
IMPORTANT STATEMENT A: IF he has gotten good gear in this bracket, then he is destroying fresh fifties.
IMPORTANT STATEMENT B:IF he has not gotten good gear in this bracket, then he is being destroyed by full war hero.

POSSIBILITY B:
If OP has not hit 50 and has PvP'd (On this character), THEN he's seen the 10-49 bracket.
OP HAS: Either god good gear in this bracket or he does not have good gear in this bracket.
IMPORTANT STATEMENT C: IF he has gotten good gear in this bracket, then he is being a hypocrite by saying how twinks ruin the game.
IMPORTANT STATEMENT D: IF he has not gotten good gear in this bracket, then he is being destroyed by twinks.

Now,
If A is true, then he's also being a hypocrite by ruining the game for others. Ruining the game is bad, amirite?
If B is true, then he neglected to point out the injustice of being stomped on by war hero players. But only twinks are bad, amirite?
If C is true, then he'd be a hypocrite.
If D is true (evident by the post), then he should do the same and whine about full war hero players.

Now, it's possible that hes not hit fifty at all, on any character, and then he's in for a big surprise.
I've bested a twink before just in blues pretty much (~1150 main stat), it's not that hard. I've yet to best a full war hero aug'd with just recruit gear... I don't think that's gonna happen any time soon...

Given that the OP has a sage video in his sig you could just check out the video. I haven't done that yet either so lets play your game.

Important A does not imply the OP is a hypocrite. At the least BM is the norm, not recruit, whereas 49 Twinks with almost all of their skills and vastly superior gear are the outlier in the lower bracket. You're comparing apples and level 50 PVP.

Important statement B is a fallacy. It is possible to have not the best gear in 50 and not get destroyed by war hero geared 50s. Augmented BM is perfectly competitive.

The implication of statement B is a non sequitur. This thread is not about 50 PVP. There are plenty of threads about the gear gap at level 50. Also only the idle rich can bother to fully twink out toons in full purple gear in the lowbie bracket. Full War Hero is available to anyone willing to grind, and at 50 that grinding isn't going to have you level straight through the gear you were working for.

Important statement C is another fallacy. Having good gear is not the same as twinking. He's only a hypocrit if he has a twinked character and leaves warzones early so his gear doesn't get comparatively worse through leveling.

Either way twinking is pretty lame.
In update 2.9 the game will simply uninstall itself for you.

-Wnd

Blasphemerr
11.22.2012 , 05:06 PM | #26
I don't understand the problem. Everyone has credits to twink themselves.
Something pretentious.

Sickdreamz
11.22.2012 , 05:33 PM | #27
The only way to fix the PvP in this game is to install another game on your comp.

Juzzyx
11.22.2012 , 07:47 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Taiketo View Post
I twink all my characters in perfect augmented gear at 49. I have over 1800 cunning on my operative at level 49 at the moment and can hit 4.5k with hidden strike. I have around 16k HP.

I don't think I've lost a WZ since I hit 49.

I don't leave WZs at the end to avoid exp, though. I just want to make that last level of lowbie pvp hilariously fun.
That's a little different to hanging at 49 forever because you can't handle 50 however. The ones that hang there seem to be really bad at the game. That's no surprise though really.
Dangerous missions are what I do best.

iDraxter
11.22.2012 , 07:55 PM | #29
That sounds boring,I`d pm the guy and tell him congratz u just wasted time for nothing
Firebat: Wanna turn up the heat?
It`s your money-but if I have spent as much time killing Jedi instead of your own kind...you might be winning this war

xxCarnage
11.22.2012 , 09:21 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by ArchangelLBC View Post
Given that the OP has a sage video in his sig you could just check out the video. I haven't done that yet either so lets play your game.

Important A does not imply the OP is a hypocrite. At the least BM is the norm, not recruit, whereas 49 Twinks with almost all of their skills and vastly superior gear are the outlier in the lower bracket. You're comparing apples and level 50 PVP.

Important statement B is a fallacy. It is possible to have not the best gear in 50 and not get destroyed by war hero geared 50s. Augmented BM is perfectly competitive.

The implication of statement B is a non sequitur. This thread is not about 50 PVP. There are plenty of threads about the gear gap at level 50. Also only the idle rich can bother to fully twink out toons in full purple gear in the lowbie bracket. Full War Hero is available to anyone willing to grind, and at 50 that grinding isn't going to have you level straight through the gear you were working for.

Important statement C is another fallacy. Having good gear is not the same as twinking. He's only a hypocrit if he has a twinked character and leaves warzones early so his gear doesn't get comparatively worse through leveling.

Either way twinking is pretty lame.
Well said.

To all of you who are talking about gear being the problem with the gap... it is only a small part. The real problem is in the ability points and the gap that they create.

When your skills are buffed to level 49 the majority of damage comes from the skill its self. When you have the ability to spec into things like more force, high crit procs etc. that is what causes the gap.

and by the way stop trying to grind WH and just accessorize your BM. You will be very competitive.

SWTOR just make it so that you get exp after every medal earned with diminishing returns. Then create a lock out if you leave a warzone. Maybe 5min that way people wont just get medals and leave.
Droxy-Sage Check me out HERE ->http://www.youtube.com/user/Eeryable?feature=mhee