Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Armstech? When will it receive love?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
Armstech? When will it receive love?

theblaznee
11.22.2012 , 04:34 AM | #1
So my main character is an Armstech crafter, and I've been stubborn and stuck with even though it's utterly useless at 50..

The highest ranking weapon we can make is rating 120, which is well below even Tionese (which is now being given to every new 50 from patch 1.6).

We were promised more orange weapon shells but the "elegant" weapons didn't really satisfy anything.. We could make money for a short period of time before everyone could add augment slots themselves - so now we're back to having a completely useless crafting skill..

Yes, I know, I can just level a new crafting skill, but I have what I need on alts.. I just want my mains crafting skill to matter.
Don't mistake my silence for ignorance, my calmness for acceptance or my kindness for weakness!

Fight hard, die well!

Llama-Eight
11.22.2012 , 09:47 AM | #2
One of my Guildies with Armstech crafts the Ops-level barrels (140?-150 rating), he makes a decent amount of cash. Plus you can make blue barrels to sell to F2Pers, though you won't be selling them for stupid amounts (unlike the 150 barrels), you should be able to make a reasonable amount of cash.

theblaznee
11.22.2012 , 10:33 AM | #3
People get lvl 26/27 barrels crafted for free on my server.. They only need to supply materials.

So, no, I can't make money on that
Don't mistake my silence for ignorance, my calmness for acceptance or my kindness for weakness!

Fight hard, die well!

omNOMNOMinator
11.22.2012 , 11:01 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by theblaznee View Post
People get lvl 26/27 barrels crafted for free on my server.. They only need to supply materials.

You can, you just have to get the materials for it yourself I guess.
Srill - Twi-Lekk Gunslinger
Tomb of Freedom Nadd

venomlash
11.22.2012 , 01:38 PM | #5
As a fellow Armstech, I feel that what we've got is insufficient.
Biochems can RE BH implants and purchase exotech stim schematics for BH comms.
Cybertechs can RE mods pulled from BH gear, or BH earpieces themselves.
Artificers can RE Campaign/Dread Guard relics (purchased with Daily comms) or enhancements pulled from BH gear.
Armormechs and Synthweavers...yeah, they don't get much love either.

Solution: add Hilt/Barrel 26 (campaign grade) to the BH/Campaign vendors, purchasable for an exorbitant number (~80 or so) of BH comms (the way they did with set bonus Campaign armorings), and let us RE them if we really feel like spending all those comms.
Quote: Originally Posted by MichelleArcher View Post
Hey there, all! This thread has passed the dreaded 1,000 post limit, and is now in fire. Thanks for the fun, but we feel this discussion as run its course. We will not be restarting this thread.
Jarrant Gartin, Gunnery Commando, Spark of Hope, Begeren Colony

Asavrede
11.22.2012 , 04:16 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by theblaznee View Post

If that's the argument, then you can't make money on any craft and no amount of developer love will change that.

That said, I do agree that armstech is by far the worst of the crew skills currently (followed closely by armormech and synthweaving).

Daystarr
11.22.2012 , 04:29 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Asavrede View Post
If that's the argument, then you can't make money on any craft and no amount of developer love will change that.

That said, I do agree that armstech is by far the worst of the crew skills currently (followed closely by armormech and synthweaving).
I disagree. I've made millions on Power augments alone. You just need to expand your inventory.
Coral -
- Aseko - Marauder // Akeso - Assassin -
- Akkyvineus - Shadow // Aseka - Sentinel -
Stream // Hybrid Sin - Dat Push! - Carnage Op - Failbang

lklinga
11.23.2012 , 08:07 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Daystarr View Post
I disagree. I've made millions on Power augments alone. You just need to expand your inventory.
I applaud you sir though shame you could not resist the urge to tell them that since now derp derps here will crash the market not really hardly anyone is reading forums anyway.

But yeah If you can not figure it out your self then you have to complain.

Theodulus
11.23.2012 , 01:52 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by lklinga View Post
I applaud you sir though shame you could not resist the urge to tell them that since now derp derps here will crash the market not really hardly anyone is reading forums anyway.

But yeah If you can not figure it out your self then you have to complain.
I will know kindly crash the market on ToFN I just wish there was something useful to do with my leftover grade 6 investigation materials. I have over 1k ultrachrome and probably over 2k of the blue quality material.

venomlash
11.24.2012 , 01:39 PM | #10
Augments don't use Investigation or Underworld Trading materials. They use Slicing materials instead.

And Power augs are clearly inferior to mainstat augs.
Quote: Originally Posted by MichelleArcher View Post
Hey there, all! This thread has passed the dreaded 1,000 post limit, and is now in fire. Thanks for the fun, but we feel this discussion as run its course. We will not be restarting this thread.
Jarrant Gartin, Gunnery Commando, Spark of Hope, Begeren Colony