Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

F2P is ruining lowbie PvP

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
F2P is ruining lowbie PvP

Theodulus
11.22.2012 , 03:40 PM | #1
Since topics with these titles are popular I'll post one too. F2P just made 10-49 PvP more unbearable than it already was. If you group up and have at least 4 people that can differentiate between east and west and have some situational awareness you will win the warzone unless you meet another premade. If you meet another premade the warzone will at least be somewhat fun.

If you solo queue you will most likely end up with 7 bads. I know they suck when my combat medic out damage every single one of my team with 120k damage while I also get some 230k healing. When they also expect the healer to charge in first everywhere and will wait for you to do so I just see no hope for lowbie PvP.

Doing lowbie PvP now is just as boring as doing space missions. Is there any point in suffering in lowbie PvP except for maybe trying to keep valor level locked? With 1.6 is around the corner getting decent gear for 50 PvP will be quite fast.

Smashbrother
11.22.2012 , 03:43 PM | #2
Lowbie pvp is much more fun when you are dps.

Biggilus
11.22.2012 , 04:07 PM | #3
Not really seen an increase in retardation since F2P went live - still the same ratio of idiots as there always has been.

Lejune
11.22.2012 , 04:27 PM | #4
I can relate...Feels like your the only one in the warzone contributing on any level. when the healer stops healing to do everyone else job...you are with a bunch of bads. A deathmatch will make a good lowbie pvp match...the bads will really show and the good will pwn and nobody spoils with the bad apples.

Xienive
11.22.2012 , 05:17 PM | #5
F2P people can only do 3 a week...and I *might* have 1 or 2 a match. Really isn't that bad.
No disintegrations!
As you wish...

Blasphemerr
11.22.2012 , 05:24 PM | #6
F2P is not ruining lowbie pvp. You cannot ruin lowpvp. Lowbie pvp is trash and always has been trash. Blame some other easy target.
Something pretentious.

Chlomamf
11.22.2012 , 05:49 PM | #7
Can't really tell wether the F2Pers on my team are bad. My Sin alt is level 41, and since I know what I'm doing with him I tend to contribute alot to the team. Yet again, I have seen ballcarriers on Huttball where I'm stealthed and literally jumping for them to pass the ball to me but fail to do so. And they aren't even stunned. Fairdue you did see those kind of people who think they can score on their own before F2P, but after I've noticed the number of people like that increasing.

Besides, alot of the F2Pers are 6-8 year olds who just run around, so not surprising there's more bads.

Z-ToXiN
11.22.2012 , 10:47 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Theodulus View Post
Since topics with these titles are popular I'll post one too. F2P just made 10-49 PvP more unbearable than it already was. If you group up and have at least 4 people that can differentiate between east and west and have some situational awareness you will win the warzone unless you meet another premade. If you meet another premade the warzone will at least be somewhat fun.

If you solo queue you will most likely end up with 7 bads. I know they suck when my combat medic out damage every single one of my team with 120k damage while I also get some 230k healing. When they also expect the healer to charge in first everywhere and will wait for you to do so I just see no hope for lowbie PvP.

Doing lowbie PvP now is just as boring as doing space missions. Is there any point in suffering in lowbie PvP except for maybe trying to keep valor level locked? With 1.6 is around the corner getting decent gear for 50 PvP will be quite fast.
1) Lowbie PVP was always downright horrible.

2) If you max out on rated and reg comms before you hit 50 in 1.6 you can have pretty much a full WH set right when you get to level 50. So you dont have to worry about being undergeared and if you play so much befor 50 you'll probably get at least decent at the class too.
ADRAAJ
◙ASSASSiN ╚╬╝ THE BASTION ╚╬╝ JuGGERNAUT◙
DECEPTiON HYBRID < ♣ > HYBRID SiN TANK
<JAWA BUNNY RANCH> // MAINTAIN ANARCHY

Larry_Dallas
11.22.2012 , 11:04 PM | #9
Dunno. Solo qd a few lowbies this week. It was bad, but I'm not sure it was any worse than normal.

krarom
11.23.2012 , 01:41 AM | #10
Hi!

It might have something to do with the fact that many are trying this game for the first time, it might be their first mmo, i wonder how good u were the first game u played?

Ofc ppl will not start out great, but hope they stay and continue to develop cause if they dont swtor will not stay. They might be at lvl 48 or 50 and jump into their first wz, ofc absolutely clueless , why not try helping them. Instead of shouting in ops, try help by whispering.

Do i feel frustrated as a tank in huttball when the 14 k sorc tries to swim thru 7 enemies with the ball and i am jumping on the ledge waiting for the ball, watching him die for the third time? Yes, but if i want the pass next time id better whisper him some advice.

F2p is not ruining the game , they are our future, pray enough of them like the game so the player base expands and u actually can meet different players in the future.

Best regards
kraroc