Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Crafting armor bigger than 22

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
Crafting armor bigger than 22

Lycor's Avatar


Lycor
11.20.2012 , 08:05 AM | #1
Hi guys,

Just wondering if it's possible to craft armor (and all the other suff like mods, enhancements, barrels, crystals) bigger then 22. You can't get the schematics from the trainers, so I imagine there's somewhere you can get them, right?

A second question is: if I don't have a schematic, but if I buy (or loot) an armor 23 (or 27 for that matter) and I reverse engeneer it, will I get the schematic?

And finally a 3rd question: are there only purple armor bigger than 22? ( I haven't seen any blues around)

xstortion's Avatar


xstortion
11.20.2012 , 08:29 AM | #2
Yes you can craft up to (27) in mods, armorings, and enhancement etc.

You have to loot the schematics from OPS and you also can get the materials there as well.

Lastly you can reverse engineer as we wlll to learn the schematics.

Lycor's Avatar


Lycor
11.20.2012 , 09:28 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by xstortion View Post
Yes you can craft up to (27) in mods, armorings, and enhancement etc.

You have to loot the schematics from OPS and you also can get the materials there as well.

Lastly you can reverse engineer as we wlll to learn the schematics.

Thanks!!!

Can't I get anything in HM Flashpoints? Like 23s or 24s?

Rincewend's Avatar


Rincewend
11.21.2012 , 07:22 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Lycor View Post
Thanks!!!

Can't I get anything in HM Flashpoints? Like 23s or 24s?
I have only seen Wrist and Belts Schem's drop in HM FP and they are equal to first Tier PVE gear not even Columi. I have only seen Columi and better specs drop in Ops. I am Sythweaveing but I would assume it is the same for Armor.

Llama-Eight's Avatar


Llama-Eight
11.22.2012 , 09:23 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by xstortion View Post
Yes you can craft up to (27) in mods, armorings, and enhancement etc.

You have to loot the schematics from OPS and you also can get the materials there as well.

Lastly you can reverse engineer as we wlll to learn the schematics.
To clarify, you can RE armourings/etc that you buy off the GTN if you put them into a bind-to-legacy item (which are buyable on each capital planet) & then remove them. Or use the same effect to get the armourings/etc from Ops with one character & mail them to an alt to RE them & learn the schematic.

WardLorrail's Avatar


WardLorrail
11.22.2012 , 12:37 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Lycor View Post
Thanks!!!

Can't I get anything in HM Flashpoints? Like 23s or 24s?
Speaking soley from my experience as armormech and synthweaving (not talking about any other crew skills)

Hard Mode Flashpoints drop Bind On Pick-Up Schematics for "Energized/Exotech" gear. Item Level 126/136. I believe Lost island drops the Exo (136) while the others drop 126.

Story Mode Operations also drop schematics for Dalarian Bracers and Belts, Bind on Equip 126, a variety for each Adv. Class/Role.

Hard Mode Ops drop "Exo" Bracers and belts, Bind on Equip, 136.

You can r/e Campaign shells to learn to make an empty version, I haven't bothered because the high price of the mats combined with the fact the armor isn't well regarded make it a non seller.

I assume synth/armorer could R/E the campaign belt and bracers with a chance to learn them. If true this would probably be a reasonable seller. I haven't ever bothered to roll on them since the mod-able oranges are better. Ill try to snag a campaign bracer or belt to test. Unless another poster can verify.

It is my opinion, Synthweaver and Armormech is less exciting post 49. Armormech makes solid cash with augment kits, synthweaving too but mats are more pricey (and we cant hit up D7). The patterns we get (energized and exotech) are bind on pickup and typically you already have equivalent gear by the time you find the patterns. Belts and bracers are limited in demand because they are among the cheapest blackhole pieces and are inferior to modded oranges.

With 1.6 giving a 5 piece tionese armor set to fresh 50s, by level 49 purple sets (that took forever to unlock) will be in much more limited demand.

------------WISHLIST--------------------------------------
I'd like to see armormech and synthweavers get a boost, personally I think they should be able to make the armorings and mod (just like cybertech). In my head:
Cyber - Ears, Armorings (all stats) Mods (any), Ships, Droid parts
Armor - Current selection, aim and cunning armors, Mods
Synth - Current Selection, strength and will armors, mods.

I just don't understand why my armorer cannot make an armor plate....
||||||()█Ξ██████████████████████████████████)

venomlash's Avatar


venomlash
11.22.2012 , 01:29 PM | #7
Schematics for mk 24 mods and enhancements (Columi-grade) drop from hardmode Eternity Vault and Karagga's Palace. You can learn mk 26 mods, enhancements, hilts, and barrels by reverse-engineering item mods pulled from Black Hole or Campaign gear (hilts and barrels only from Campaign gear). Similarly, it appears to be possible to learn mk 27 mods, enhancements, hilts, and barrels by REing stuff pulled from Dread Guard gear.
You can learn mk 26 and 27 armorings only by REing random BoE armorings dropped by HM Warlord Kephess and HM Terror From Beyond respectively.
Quote: Originally Posted by MichelleArcher View Post
Hey there, all! This thread has passed the dreaded 1,000 post limit, and is now in fire. Thanks for the fun, but we feel this discussion as run its course. We will not be restarting this thread.
Jarrant Gartin, Gunnery Commando, Spark of Hope, Begeren Colony

Splaktar's Avatar


Splaktar
11.26.2012 , 03:44 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by WardLorrail View Post
Speaking soley from my experience as armormech and synthweaving (not talking about any other crew skills)

Hard Mode Flashpoints drop Bind On Pick-Up Schematics for "Energized/Exotech" gear. Item Level 126/136. I believe Lost island drops the Exo (136) while the others drop 126.

Story Mode Operations also drop schematics for Dalarian Bracers and Belts, Bind on Equip 126, a variety for each Adv. Class/Role.

Hard Mode Ops drop "Exo" Bracers and belts, Bind on Equip, 136.

You can r/e Campaign shells to learn to make an empty version, I haven't bothered because the high price of the mats combined with the fact the armor isn't well regarded make it a non seller.

I assume synth/armorer could R/E the campaign belt and bracers with a chance to learn them. If true this would probably be a reasonable seller. I haven't ever bothered to roll on them since the mod-able oranges are better. Ill try to snag a campaign bracer or belt to test. Unless another poster can verify.

It is my opinion, Synthweaver and Armormech is less exciting post 49. Armormech makes solid cash with augment kits, synthweaving too but mats are more pricey (and we cant hit up D7). The patterns we get (energized and exotech) are bind on pickup and typically you already have equivalent gear by the time you find the patterns. Belts and bracers are limited in demand because they are among the cheapest blackhole pieces and are inferior to modded oranges.

With 1.6 giving a 5 piece tionese armor set to fresh 50s, by level 49 purple sets (that took forever to unlock) will be in much more limited demand.

------------WISHLIST--------------------------------------
I'd like to see armormech and synthweavers get a boost, personally I think they should be able to make the armorings and mod (just like cybertech). In my head:
Cyber - Ears, Armorings (all stats) Mods (any), Ships, Droid parts
Armor - Current selection, aim and cunning armors, Mods
Synth - Current Selection, strength and will armors, mods.

I just don't understand why my armorer cannot make an armor plate....
Thanks for the info.

I agree that Armormech schems are pretty crappy from OPs and FPs. All of the schems that I've gotten so far in OPs/FPs have had no purpose. By the time that they finally dropped, I had better gear and the items made by the schems are BOP.

The components for the Dalarian BOE armor are usually two times as expensive as the armor sells for. So making the armor rather than selling the components, results in a significant loss.

This new free Tionese gear for fresh 50's is just another example of how BW keeps screwing over crafters. So much of the crafted gear has exact or better matching items that drop from mobs. Then those items are listed on the GTN by the 10s or hundreds at prices far under what the mats cost to make the item.

I used to make a fair amount on high end Artifact armor, but since the Group Finder made it easier for people to get FP groups to gear up, those sales have mostly died off. Now with 'free Tionese' gear for new 50s, there won't really be any point at all left in making armor as an Armormech... I guess that I should look at switching professions on my main, even though I'll loose a million different unlocks... but those unlocks are almost all worthless anyway.
Splaktar - Arsenal Mercenary [50] - Master Armormech (UT/Slicing)
Samas - Engineering Sniper [42] - Armstech (Scavenging/Investigation)
Pak'Cafan - Jedi Covenant

JFerret's Avatar


JFerret
11.27.2012 , 06:54 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Llama-Eight View Post
To clarify, you can RE armourings/etc that you buy off the GTN if you put them into a bind-to-legacy item (which are buyable on each capital planet) & then remove them. Or use the same effect to get the armourings/etc from Ops with one character & mail them to an alt to RE them & learn the schematic.
It isnt just bind-to-legacy items, its any moddable item :P

WardLorrail's Avatar


WardLorrail
11.27.2012 , 09:10 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Splaktar View Post
Thanks for the info.

The components for the Dalarian BOE armor are usually two times as expensive as the armor sells for. So making the armor rather than selling the components, results in a significant loss.

This new free Tionese gear for fresh 50's is just another example of how BW keeps screwing over crafters. So much of the crafted gear has exact or better matching items that drop from mobs. Then those items are listed on the GTN by the 10s or hundreds at prices far under what the mats cost to make the item.
.
I'm not sure about you server, but on The Shadowlands the Dalarian Bracers and Belts are still making me money.

I'm hoping with the essentially free Tionese gear, my exotech and energized recipes become BOE.

But I do agree all my hard won level 49 purples will see even less sales now.
||||||()█Ξ██████████████████████████████████)