Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

So in 1 year, the previously top PvP gear becomes obsolete.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
So in 1 year, the previously top PvP gear becomes obsolete.

Exilim
11.22.2012 , 11:04 AM | #21
Remember to buy those Battlemaster Armor schematics in case they are no longer available. There might come a day when the old looks are sought after. Like popped collars and bell-bottoms

Oh finally the football stuff on the TV. Happy Thanksgiving everyone.
I believe in people bombing
I believe in people warring
I believe diseases coming
I believe that's why I'm running

chimex
11.22.2012 , 11:06 AM | #22
The only thing im concerned about is how the set bonuses will be arrainged. I prefer the bonuses to be in the mods so i can put them in any orange i fancy with the bonuses in tact. That was the only thing i disliked about the bm gear. When wm gear was available, boy did i mod
The Progenitor (RP): Shazmi:<Crimson Moon>

AMKSED
11.22.2012 , 11:17 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by SOULCASTER View Post
I don't know the answer to that, as I don't play WoW, but I do know enough to know that the root of all evil with gear grinds comes from WoW. They need to flush that kind of game-design down the toilet, ASAP.

No one wants to spend countless hours of real life time grinding gear that is obsolete ever few months, and have it handed out to new players at a 1/3 of the cost.

Bioware/EA are a joke, They have no idea how to run an MMO. They are just copying WoW's dated MMO style from circa 2005, 7 years ago. This will not work, and these kind of game designs will lead to this game being CLOSED in 2013.
Funniest thing. This game takes longer to get PvP gear than WoW does.

Jarfunkz
11.22.2012 , 11:23 AM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Lexlo View Post
Yea, I still remember when BM gear was a lottery system. *shudder*

Re-releasing existing sets of armor (in a different color) with +4 to different stats is not engaging content, nor fun to spend 2 months to obtain a fully maximized setup. It's a band aid to make up for lack of actual PvP content.

I really wish they would stop this crap and get to establishing a plan for World PvP already. Here's to 2013.
You mean when people actually pvped?
VicVega

Arlanon
11.22.2012 , 11:26 AM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by NoTomorrow
And i remember the days when people used to be impressed when somebody had 1-2 pieces of BM gear people that grinded the 60 valor before the valor buff and got items with that stupid random bag system they brought back in for cartels
Ah the glory days. I'm well past Battlemaster and my server no longer exists, but my sig will remain

Smashbrother
11.22.2012 , 11:36 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by SOULCASTER View Post
I don't know the answer to that, as I don't play WoW, but I do know enough to know that the root of all evil with gear grinds comes from WoW. They need to flush that kind of game-design down the toilet, ASAP.

No one wants to spend countless hours of real life time grinding gear that is obsolete ever few months, and have it handed out to new players at a 1/3 of the cost.

Bioware/EA are a joke, They have no idea how to run an MMO. They are just copying WoW's dated MMO style from circa 2005, 7 years ago. This will not work, and these kind of game designs will lead to this game being CLOSED in 2013.
Gear grinds have been a core aspect of RPGs and MMORPGs since forever. WoW wasn't anywhere near the first to introduce it. Stop blaming WoW for everything.

If you don't like grinding, you're playing the wrong type of genre.

Jnaathra
11.22.2012 , 11:42 AM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Smashbrother View Post
Gear grinds have been a core aspect of RPGs and MMORPGs since forever. WoW wasn't anywhere near the first to introduce it. Stop blaming WoW for everything.

If you don't like grinding, you're playing the wrong type of genre.
People keep rehashing this, but not every MMO on the market is like that.