Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Canon ten most powerful Jedi and Sith.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Canon ten most powerful Jedi and Sith.

MasterMe
11.22.2012 , 11:16 AM | #141
Quote: Originally Posted by Aurbere View Post
Actually, I would say that the Sion battle would help her out.

Sion was pretty much an undying machine. He just kept getting up, so Meetra going three for three (was it three fights on Malachor?) against him on Malachor greatly benefits her. Sion was getting immense power from the planet's Dark energies. Meetra displayed excellent skill with the lightsaber and incredible stamina to fight Sion. Not only that, but she also used Dun Moch against him. Her use of Dun Moch eroded his will, the same will that had kept him alive for so long. Sion eventually confessed his love for Meetra and gave up the Dark Side.

Now we could argue about why she didn't use Sever Force to beat him. The answer is quite obvious. Sion lived off of the Dark Side. Severing his connection to the Force would kill him. Instead, Meetra practically redeemed him.
Granted. But if Meetra was male then she could not have won the fight 'cause Sion would have eventually worn her (him I guess) down. See what I'm saying? Put any other Jedi in her shoes (Like Obi-wan why not?) and that person wouldn't have been able to beat Sion. Does this mean that Meetra is more powerful then Obi-wan? No.

Correction: I suppose she could have used severe force like you say.

But regardless, you see my point.

SoonerJBD
11.22.2012 , 11:17 AM | #142
Quote: Originally Posted by Rayla_Felana View Post
Nowhere did any of us state that canonically any of those fought and beat Revan.

We are stating that the canon abilities these persons have immediately put them over Revan due to the sheer amount of an advantage they have over his currently designated abilities.

Just because you fail to comprehend how we compare these people doesn't mean you can throw a stromp in my thread and claim it's 'egomaniacal'.
You said...

That's even more misinformation: Exar Kun, the Exile, Vitiate, Nomi Sunrider, Darth Nihilus and Darth Sion were all canonically more powerful than he was
For that statement to be true, those people would have all had to fight and beat Revan or it would have to state unequivicolly in the canon somewhere that these people were more powerful than Revan. It doesn't. That is your opinion. You are making assumptions based on what you've read to jump to that conclusion. And it's worth mentioning you do this routinely. You state an opinion as canon and then insult anyone who disagrees with you.

MasterMe
11.22.2012 , 11:19 AM | #143
Quote: Originally Posted by SoonerJBD View Post
You said...

For that statement to be true, those people would have all had to fight and beat Revan or it would have to state unequivicolly in the canon somewhere that these people were more powerful than Revan. It doesn't. That is your opinion. You are making assumptions based on what you've read to jump to that conclusion. And it's worth mentioning you do this routinely. You state an opinion as canon and then insult anyone who disagrees with you.
Oooh! Well done! You've exposed her!

Aurbere
11.22.2012 , 11:20 AM | #144
Quote: Originally Posted by MasterMe View Post
Granted. But if Meetra was male then she could not have won the fight 'cause Sion would have eventually worn her (him I guess) down. See what I'm saying? Put any other Jedi in her shoes (Like Obi-wan why not?) and that person wouldn't have been able to beat Sion. Does this mean that Meetra is more powerful then Obi-wan? No.

Correction: I suppose she could have used severe force like you say.

But regardless, you see my point.
Actually, if you play the male exile, Sion will say that he hates you and you can convince him to let go of his hate, thus killing him.

Obi-Wan would beat Sion pretty easily...
Added Chapter 29 to The Shadows Fall
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus

Rayla_Felana
11.22.2012 , 11:23 AM | #145
Quote: Originally Posted by SoonerJBD View Post
You said...

You really do not get the point of how WE compare canonical abilities do you? how hard is this to get? you take the purely canonical powers and abilities and match them to the powers and abilities that other characters have and then through those canonical abilities determine the winner, do you understand yet or... ? because they have entire youtube channels like yarealpoof and jensarai who do exactly this, it's like a game with certain rules, we are playing that game, this is how it works, do I need to explain this further or?

Aurbere
11.22.2012 , 11:35 AM | #146
You really do not get the point of how WE compare canonical abilities do you? how hard is this to get? you take the purely canonical powers and abilities and match them to the powers and abilities that other characters have and then through those canonical abilities determine the winner, do you understand yet or... ? because they have entire youtube channels like yarealpoof and jensarai who do exactly this, it's like a game with certain rules, we are playing that game, this is how it works, do I need to explain this further or?
But apparently said method is useless when comparing Revan to someone. Apparently we don't "know" enough. Even though we know plenty enough to make a comparison.
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus

MasterMe
11.22.2012 , 11:47 AM | #147
The problem is is that these "battles" are often overtaken by some biased opinion *hint hint*. Also; it doesn't help that you guys speak in an all-knowing/condesending sort of way.

Aurbere
11.22.2012 , 11:50 AM | #148
The problem is is that these "battles" are often overtaken by some biased opinion *hint hint*. Also; it doesn't help that you guys speak in an all-knowing/condesending sort of way.
I can't speak for Rayla, but if I ever sound condescending or "elitist", it's not on purpose. Tone is difficult to get across through text.

Rayla_Felana
11.22.2012 , 12:03 PM | #149
I will admit to putting a tone on, but if I get treated with the same sense of tone or get accused of something, I'm not going to be a Jedi about it...

Aurbere
11.22.2012 , 12:05 PM | #150
I will admit to putting a tone on, but if I get treated with the same sense of tone or get accused of something, I'm not going to be a Jedi about it...
I like that term. Gonna have to use that sometime...