Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Canon ten most powerful Jedi and Sith.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Canon ten most powerful Jedi and Sith.

mefit's Avatar


mefit
11.22.2012 , 10:10 AM | #131
Quote: Originally Posted by Rayla_Felana View Post
I am supporting Nihilus and Sion here, but if you really want to go down that road:

The Exile had unlocked and harnessed fully the light side of the force.
She single-handedly wiped out the entire Trayus Academy on Malachor V the greatest source of dark side energy active at the time, which knocked her sick and almost delirious.
She was such a natural at Sever Force that Vima Sunrider actively had to teach her to control her power as a padawan learner and eventually used it so quickly that it was a checkmate in battle.
She learnt a moving battle meditation that was combined with a very deep meditative state that had Kreia and Mical stunned, she did not even have to concentrate upon it to be used, it was constant.
She had Echani battle precognition.
Had learnt how to completely block her own thoughts and simultaneously invade the minds of others with ease.
Learned the light-saber forms Shii-Cho, Makashi and Soresu to such a degree that even the Jedi Masters were amazed.
Had learned how to see without eyes through the Force as the Miraluka could.
Had defeated five fully-trained Echani battle sisters at once.
Defeated the entirety of the Mandalorian battle circle.
And was so strong in battle meditation that she won the Onderon Civil War for the losing Queen Talia.
Was the only Jedi on record to actively use an offensive style of Dun Moch.
And last but not least, her force bonds were so powerful that she had actively trained six nobodies in the force into full Jedi Knights and eventual Masters in the space of under two standard months.
See if we changed the name used here from Exile/or Meetra to Revan , we would have legions of Revan haters coming out the wood work to say he's a Mary Stu .
All these are taken from KotoR II and funny enough Revan fans can take nothing from KotoR I or II on his behalf .
But if we did , we would have a list just as long as just as powerful in outlook .
Darth Mefit
Sith Marauder
Chiss
Shadowlands Server

Rayla_Felana's Avatar


Rayla_Felana
11.22.2012 , 10:10 AM | #132
Oh and Mefit it was the end of the battle, that is WHY they stopped and Traya defiantly attempted to use what was left of her power to use three levitating lightsabers, but she was to weak to keep up the charade.

Just so you realise, the KotOR Campaign Guide clears almost everything up from the games and also goes into detail about character's pasts, etc.. that's why I use it.

Rayla_Felana's Avatar


Rayla_Felana
11.22.2012 , 10:12 AM | #133
Quote: Originally Posted by mefit View Post
All these are taken from KotoR II.
And from the KotOR Campaign Guide, that's the difference, other works make those powers completely canon now.

mefit's Avatar


mefit
11.22.2012 , 10:18 AM | #134
Quote: Originally Posted by Rayla_Felana View Post
Oh and Mefit it was the end of the battle, that is WHY they stopped and Traya defiantly attempted to use what was left of her power to use three levitating lightsabers, but she was to weak to keep up the charade.

Just so you realise, the KotOR Campaign Guide clears almost everything up from the games and also goes into detail about character's pasts, etc.. that's why I use it.
Again all the Combat mainly being done is Scion and Traya , while Nihilus was in the back Severing her from the Force . He was completely not in Combat with her . Her trying to Levitate her Lightsaber had nothing to do with them but her trying to get it to kill them .
Again the weak always follow the powerful or wise in bothsides of the Force , and once someone more powerful or wse comes along they take control .
By the means of taking control is the only thing different in Dark and Light , Sith/Jedi/or Dark Jedi.

The Player Campaign Guide is also lacking when it comes to Revan , so really comeon ..........lol
It also grants Exile everything from her game but takes away most from Revan and his game + KotoR II as it give him none of the skills , abilities and powers he used . So in the end really poor writing plays into this or some retarded Respect for Drew in unwilling to complete his character for him being he wasn't wanting to or what ever reason he had..

Hey notice , I am not downplaying the Exile is powerful or great , I am just saying she "FOLLOWED" someone she thought was Greater .
Darth Mefit
Sith Marauder
Chiss
Shadowlands Server

mefit's Avatar


mefit
11.22.2012 , 10:21 AM | #135
Quote: Originally Posted by Rayla_Felana View Post
And from the KotOR Campaign Guide, that's the difference, other works make those powers completely canon now.
But Force Sever is not on the fly and never was , it is largely used while either the person its being used on is distracted (Traye, Keira) or not fighting back (Exile,Ulic Qel-Droma) . Never has it been used while the user of the ability was in full out combat attacking with lightsabers , moving , or using other force abilities .
^ THATS CANON
Darth Mefit
Sith Marauder
Chiss
Shadowlands Server

Rayla_Felana's Avatar


Rayla_Felana
11.22.2012 , 10:26 AM | #136
Quote: Originally Posted by mefit View Post
Again all the Combat mainly being done is Scion and Traya , while Nihilus was in the back Severing her from the Force . He was completely not in Combat with her.
I'm talking about the Exile vs Darth Traya.

Quote: Originally Posted by mefit View Post
The Player Campaign Guide is also lacking when it comes to Revan , so really comeon ..........lol
It also grants Exile everything from her game but takes away most from Revan and his game + KotoR II as it give him none of the skills , abilities and powers he used . So in the end really poor writing plays into this or some retarded Respect for Drew in unwilling to complete his character for him being he wasn't wanting to or what ever reason he had..
The Campaign Guide doesn't list much at all because there isn't anything in KotOR to confirm as canon for Revan, it's different in KotOR II because we have fully described instances of the Exile being trained in specific abilities, Drew does somewhat canonise Revan's abilities but I agree it was shoddy writing for him not to have actually confirmed stuff like Lightsaber forms, etc...

Quote: Originally Posted by mefit View Post
Hey notice , I am not downplaying the Exile is powerful or great , I am just saying she "FOLLOWED" someone she thought was Greater .
She used to follow Revan during the war, you know when Revan was already a Knight and she was just a Padawan, when she went to free him from the Sith, she became his ally, as did Lord Scourge(for a time).

Rayla_Felana's Avatar


Rayla_Felana
11.22.2012 , 10:28 AM | #137
Quote: Originally Posted by mefit View Post
But Force Sever is not on the fly and never was , it is largely used while either the person its being used on is distracted (Traye, Keira) or not fighting back (Exile,Ulic Qel-Droma) . Never has it been used while the user of the ability was in full out combat attacking with lightsabers , moving , or using other force abilities .
^ THATS CANON
Guess what, the Exile was made an exception to the rule, probably because she was a natural to the ability, it is now canon as well, move on, dead argument is dead.

mefit's Avatar


mefit
11.22.2012 , 10:31 AM | #138
I am done with this Debat on Revan , its all opinions and its just a GIANT Circle of Debat with two sides going to extremes and what not .
Its like Someone trying to debat their personal real life success with a person they just shacked hands with and went on to think theirs is better because they know themselves and know nothing of the other person .

Call it what it might be , bad writing , Respect for godknows what Reason to Drew , or just honestly feeling Revan is better as a Unknown which I can respect .
Either or its all just opinions at this point , you cannot say someone wins plainly because you know nothing of the other person .
What we have in here is people taking away achievements of a character and belittling them to belittle his fans love/like of his character .
Revan was no Mary Stu , he lived and likely died at Foundry and was full of flaws . He was not a all powerful God , what abilities he did have got him through fights that others could not .
Like the Revan novel or not , Revan cannonly defeated a person that had Meetra and Scourage otherwise on the ropes and likely to be killed . Revan defeated that person , there is no what ifs about it . You can say it was her lightning that did it but it was Revan's skill and ability to redirect and the intelligence react to do it .
In Chess there is winners and losers , no inbetween , no maybes or what ifs .

Done with this thread ,

In all arguements aside , No hardfeelings , Happy Thanksgiving to everyone here ! Hope you all have a Good day with your family and Friends ! <3
Darth Mefit
Sith Marauder
Chiss
Shadowlands Server

MasterMe's Avatar


MasterMe
11.22.2012 , 10:34 AM | #139
Quote: Originally Posted by Rayla_Felana View Post
I am supporting Nihilus and Sion here, but if you really want to go down that road:

The Exile had unlocked and harnessed fully the light side of the force.
She single-handedly wiped out the entire Trayus Academy on Malachor V the greatest source of dark side energy active at the time, which knocked her sick and almost delirious.
She was such a natural at Sever Force that Vima Sunrider actively had to teach her to control her power as a padawan learner and eventually used it so quickly that it was a checkmate in battle.
She learnt a moving battle meditation that was combined with a very deep meditative state that had Kreia and Mical stunned, she did not even have to concentrate upon it to be used, it was constant.
She had Echani battle precognition.
Had learnt how to completely block her own thoughts and simultaneously invade the minds of others with ease.
Learned the light-saber forms Shii-Cho, Makashi and Soresu to such a degree that even the Jedi Masters were amazed.
Had learned how to see without eyes through the Force as the Miraluka could.
Had defeated five fully-trained Echani battle sisters at once.
Defeated the entirety of the Mandalorian battle circle.
And was so strong in battle meditation that she won the Onderon Civil War for the losing Queen Talia.
Was the only Jedi on record to actively use an offensive style of Dun Moch.
And last but not least, her force bonds were so powerful that she had actively trained six nobodies in the force into full Jedi Knights and eventual Masters in the space of under two standard months.
Yeah. She's pretty awesome. What does that have to do with what you quoted me on though? Seems off topic to me. I wasn't saying that Meetra wasn't powerful, I was saying that the way in which she beat Nihlius and Sion isn't gonna help her in another scenario. Understand?

Aurbere's Avatar


Aurbere
11.22.2012 , 10:54 AM | #140
Quote: Originally Posted by MasterMe View Post
Yeah. She's pretty awesome. What does that have to do with what you quoted me on though? Seems off topic to me. I wasn't saying that Meetra wasn't powerful, I was saying that the way in which she beat Nihlius and Sion isn't gonna help her in another scenario. Understand?
Actually, I would say that the Sion battle would help her out.

Sion was pretty much an undying machine. He just kept getting up, so Meetra going three for three (was it three fights on Malachor?) against him on Malachor greatly benefits her. Sion was getting immense power from the planet's Dark energies. Meetra displayed excellent skill with the lightsaber and incredible stamina to fight Sion. Not only that, but she also used Dun Moch against him. Her use of Dun Moch eroded his will, the same will that had kept him alive for so long. Sion eventually confessed his love for Meetra and gave up the Dark Side.

Now we could argue about why she didn't use Sever Force to beat him. The answer is quite obvious. Sion lived off of the Dark Side. Severing his connection to the Force would kill him. Instead, Meetra practically redeemed him.
Added Chapter 34 to The Shadows Fall
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus