Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The Cartel Market killed my speeder sales

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
The Cartel Market killed my speeder sales

Spoletta
11.20.2012 , 12:47 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Journeyer View Post
Biggest problem I see isn't speeder sales. It's anything purple!

Used to be that you couldn't sell regular gear because it's everywhere and drops easily. You could craft and GTN the good stuff!! But...f2pers can't equip the good stuff...
Actually blue had no market at all due to daily 51 mods, but since they can't equip them i'm wondering if i should try that route.

Zodus_Nehamiah
11.20.2012 , 01:09 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Spoletta View Post
Actually blue had no market at all due to daily 51 mods, but since they can't equip them i'm wondering if i should try that route.
I've made a reasonable buck selling greens and blues. Keep in mind that there are people that spend their credits like crazy (i'm one of them) and they need cheaper upgrades.

wainot-keel
11.21.2012 , 08:38 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Icebergy View Post
"I am having a harder time making money so I am going to make pay to win accusations to try to get my way."

No.
Your point ?

For leveling, cartel market has instated some sort of pay to win. You spend coin and you can level faster and easier. There's no denying that.
The problem with that is leveling gear was the source of income for a lot of crafters that don't have the top raiding gear thing in their books. For example, I used to sell crystals between lvl 15 and 40ish, getting some nice creds from them.
Well, since the patch is up, I sold 1 (one) at half the price I used to. Margin for that is so small I won't bother spamming the missions to get the purples mats anymore. It's not "my way". It's a lot people's way to make in-game money.

Pepperawr
11.21.2012 , 11:21 AM | #14
I would also consider that for the next short while -anything- that isn't either a CC item or basic necessity will not sell great. People are excited about the new stuff and are saving/spending their credits on that rather than mundane stuff. It'll get normal again soon enough.
CE fancypants.

RycheMykola
11.21.2012 , 01:01 PM | #15
The crafters and people selling stuff that can't adjust quickly to changes in the economy, I have 0 sympathy for.

The F2P model introduced a whole new sector. Concentrate on crafting BLUE mods (f2p can't use purple) and selling at a reasonable price. They go instantly almost. Especially if you craft them targeted towards the Companions. (ie, tanking armor plates).

Its amazing the amount of stupid going on in the GTN: Sector X unlocks for 40 million, unlock for all the professions for 1 million, unlock for epic gear 35 million, etc. The only ones who need these items are F2P. There credit cap is 350k or 100k (non-preferred). Heck, some idiot was trying to trade a Sector X unlock for a whit crystal.

Rhinzual
11.21.2012 , 09:12 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by RycheMykola View Post
The crafters and people selling stuff that can't adjust quickly to changes in the economy, I have 0 sympathy for.

The F2P model introduced a whole new sector. Concentrate on crafting BLUE mods (f2p can't use purple) and selling at a reasonable price. They go instantly almost. Especially if you craft them targeted towards the Companions. (ie, tanking armor plates).

Its amazing the amount of stupid going on in the GTN: Sector X unlocks for 40 million, unlock for all the professions for 1 million, unlock for epic gear 35 million, etc. The only ones who need these items are F2P. There credit cap is 350k or 100k (non-preferred). Heck, some idiot was trying to trade a Sector X unlock for a whit crystal.
I thought only subscribers got those, so even Preferred players had need of them.

Grayseven
11.22.2012 , 06:41 AM | #17
Before F2P I had serious issues selling items. The market was over-focused and if you weren't putting out artifact endgame items you weren't making credits.

Since F2P I've found numerous markets. I may not be selling one item for a million credits but I am selling a hundred items at 10k credits. Market drift always happens and I'm not too terribly upset when it does. When some markets close others open up. If you can't find a way to make credits now you aren't looking hard enough.
Sometimes you narfle the Garthok, sometimes the Garthok narfles you.

Flintfire
11.24.2012 , 10:14 AM | #18
Biochem is still nice, because there is still no effect on the market for stimulants and cheaper medpacs.
Infyrno Lvl 55 Infyrnus Lvl 46
Leiptr Lvl 55 Venaticus Lvl 37
Krrayt Lvl 55
Sleipe Lvl 55

VigDiath
11.24.2012 , 10:30 AM | #19
I've sold 5 speeders since the cartel market launched. I didn't even know I could make speeders at the time. I was looking for schematics on GTN for anything I may not have had and noticed speeders could be made for Cybertechs. So I looked to see what the average price was for the speeders (30k for cartel speeders and higher for custom made speeders) so I priced mine at 40k and have sold all that I've listed. The cartel speeders are cool to have but it's rare that people sell the more popular ones for cheaper prices. A Throne Speeder will sell for upwards of 1mil credits. The sleek non lawn mower ones sell up to 1mil credits. The more frequent drops sell at 30k or less. They are cool to have but EVERYONE has them. I use my custom made speeder more than I use the one that dropped from the cartel pack. Just adjust your prices and I'm sure you'll start selling again.
Jedi Covenant (The Baltimore Legacy)
Laaron - 55 (Shadow Tank) Eulora - 55 (Sage Healer)
Madmartygan - 55 (Guardian DPS) Skylaadawn - 55 (Sab Smug)
Akon - 55 (Carnage Marauder) L'aron - 53 (Sorc Healer)

Raynezazki
11.24.2012 , 10:54 AM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by RycheMykola View Post

This. I sold two lvl 28 or 29 blues not even half an hour after I put it up.