Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Lost Island HM should have better loot.

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

DarthFamine
11.22.2012 , 05:52 AM | #151
Quote: Originally Posted by AshlaBoga View Post
From a healing perspective, Nightmare KP is tougher to heal than HM LI pre-nerf. Post-nerf HM LI is on par with Nightmare EV in terms of healing requirements.
I'm glad you agree with me
it is more difficult than Hard mode and Nightmare mode Ops

You need a healer in no less than full Rakata.

The rewards do not match the difficulty level.

Sentinel Marauder advice
Get a tank that moves the boss around the edge of the room. you cannot keep him still if you have melee in the mix. there isn't enough time to get the balls far enough away. stay behind him and help interrupt incinerate.
"It might be fear, or anger, or hatred, or perhaps even suffering that makes a man fall to the dark side, but it is without a doubt regret, that keeps him there."
-Darth Famine
www.RJKgaming.com

Truescopes
11.22.2012 , 06:18 AM | #152
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthFamine View Post
it is more difficult than Hard mode and Nightmare mode Ops

The rewards do not match the difficulty level.

Sentinel Marauder advice
Get a tank that moves the boss around the edge of the room. you cannot keep him still if you have melee in the mix. there isn't enough time to get the balls far enough away. stay behind him and help interrupt incinerate.
It's much easier than that. We cleared it with 4 people in columi with a couple pieces of rakata on our alts. Infact the healer had some tionese still aswell as battlemaster gear. As stated before it is mechanic heavy but not very healing/dps intensive at all.

POPsi
11.22.2012 , 07:22 AM | #153
it can be done in columi gear... it just really depends on a few things:

droid, not at all heal-heavy fight, IF:

- tank interrupts correctly, healer watch out for accidents and cleanse asap
- healer/dps don't run around like madmen, they move and place the bubbles correctly, watch out for environment/adds

Lokin, can be a bit more heal-intense, still doable easily, IF:

- tank kites the boss correctly and avoids satchels
- dps/healer don't stand in one place like cows, but anticipate the aoe timing and move out (healer should cleanse the stacks of debuff frequently)

This FP is not a gear-check, simply a mechanics heavy fight. If you got that, you should have no problems.

Gelious
11.22.2012 , 07:39 AM | #154
Sentinel Marauder advice
Thanks.

The funny thing only 2 times when I did kill the boss tank didn't do that. And when other tanks kited him, we wiped faster
"No, they will not! I command them to know fear! To raise me to my throne! They can not!" - Soa, SWTOR
Gelious, Sith Marauder 50 lvl - Red Eclipse;
Xatras, Jedi Guardian 50 lvl - Red Eclipse;

Khevar
11.22.2012 , 11:22 AM | #155

The group in full Tionese (see earlier in this thread) would like a word with you.

There is so much avoidable damage. Super healing is only required if the group doesn't know what it's doing.

Slowpokeking
11.22.2012 , 12:08 PM | #156
How about this? Create 2 HM modes, 1 remains the same difficulty or pre 1.4 difficulty, 1 get nerfed but both got the same drop.

Petnil
11.22.2012 , 01:34 PM | #157
Lost Island still isnīt that hard, but itīs been getting harder and harder the last couple of patches. The lag in LI and especially in Kaon is extreeme. I dont think Li should get better lot, but i agree we could use more tier2 FP.

AshlaBoga
11.22.2012 , 03:20 PM | #158
Quote: Originally Posted by Gelious View Post
The problem is eventually there is almost nowhere to go to avoid damage. It's easier for ranged classes because they can dps and stay away from centre, so when they catch the AOE they take it farther from it then melee dps who have to be near the boss to be able to perform their job.
Regardless melee have ZERO issue when they have a competent tank. The tank just needs to move the droid away from the AoE and problem solved. I've noticed people complain that this sometimes means moving through the lava, but if your healer is doing their job then that's also a non-issue (it's only a couple of seconds to get into the closest safe zone). Frequently people struggle with this fight as a result of sub-standard healing.
FEAR REMAINS ETERNAL, Jung Ma server
Fear Remains Eternal
Lord of Corruption

limenutpen
11.24.2012 , 06:14 AM | #159
I healed this with my Smuggler in Tionese, gear and BM relics. I think I had 2 pieces Columi.
Ok there was a Sage with 61 Campaign gear which helped with his high damage, but the other 2 peeps wer pretty normal. This was done in 0 wipes accept one for the tank in the first mini boss.

A couple weeks ago I also healed it without a proper tank, Shadow with full Damage gear (hybrid spec) he was going down like a sponge. We wiped twice, one in Robot, and the Doctor i.e. last boss. My Smuggler gear is at the moment Columi, Rakata, and BH belts and bracers.

Poeple give a lot of weight to healers in this FP in HM but the truth is that damage is very important especially in the 2 hard bosses.
As a healer you have to remember that if you keep the group up till they enrage you are doing a pretty good job for that matter, and it also means that damage is the problem.
Damage is very important in the robot and Doctor Leric enconuter.
If Doctor Leric does not become a big Raghoul (3rd phase) before 3 tanks destroyed your damage is not so good. OTOH if he becomes the Raghoul in flames in 2 tanks means damage is good.
Many times I encounter people for this who cannot do enough damage for it, even with proper gear.
Nutpen: Sage, Lim'suno: Scoundrel, Lei'Suno: Commando
Los'suno: Assasin, Diopen: Juggernaut

ElitehunterDS
11.24.2012 , 06:36 AM | #160
This thread is 3 month old now, post nerf LI is nothing now.
Quote: Originally Posted by Slowpokeking View Post
Darth Jadus was super hard before 1.2, it's such a challenge to beat him. But should Bio fix it? Yes.

This is FP, if its drop does not match the difficulty, then it's a problem.
You just had to LoS/interrupt his cast, wasn't very hard (note that's pre 1.2 on 2 operative i leveled)
Retiring from SWTOR August 2013

Sev'ra Level 55 Sith Assassin {Deception spec}
Tempest (Prophecy of the Five)