Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

This is Very Confusing

Arluned
12.13.2011 , 01:15 PM | #1
First of all this is not a post about when I will be getting game access. I don't really care about that, the difference of a few days in this type of game is pretty insignificant. But I do want to make sure that I'll be able to play the game eventually.

When I log into my account on this website the shiny new "my account" homepage says that I have yet to redeem a "product registration code". I assume this is a different thing than the "pre-order code" that the same website still assures me that I have redeemed. I've looked through all the e-mails that I got from Origin and Bioware and I don't see a "product registration code". This seems like a very complicated process for everyone to be going through in order to be able to play a game we've already paid for. I'm sure some people will tell me I'm stupid but come on I've been given multiple codes and serial numbers and none of them are what I need? Do I have to do anything or will I just be recieving some magic e-mail from Bioware at an unspecified time that will make this clear?

Vaikaris
12.13.2011 , 01:18 PM | #2
I was just looking through this myself. Confused as well.

Baeralas
12.13.2011 , 01:20 PM | #3
Your product registration code will come with the physical copy when its delivered. If you purchased through Origin you will get your code via email on the 16th. As soon as you enter this code you have validated your account for the actual release on the 20th.

Crawelc
12.13.2011 , 01:20 PM | #4
Having the exact same issue, I want to set up my subscription for the game but i cant untill I redeem a product code. What exactly is the deal here?

Vaikaris
12.13.2011 , 01:21 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Baeralas View Post
Your product registration code will come with the physical copy when its delivered. If you purchased through Origin you will get your code via email on the 16th. As soon as you enter this code you have validated your account for the actual release on the 20th.
Thank you. Wish this info was more accessible, I just spent half an hour worrying I had forgotten something and ****ed it up...

Klors
12.13.2011 , 01:21 PM | #6
You'll get your product code in the retail version whenever you get that. If it's a physical box, it'll be in there, if digital then it'll be on Origin somewhere.

The pre-order code is the one you got when you pre-ordered and allows you to register for early access.

It also says this information in the page that tells you you haven't redeemed one. It's really quite simple and follows well established patterns in the MMO world.
-------------
Klors

Ahkronn
12.13.2011 , 01:22 PM | #7
That code you are to redeem is the Product key. Product key will be in the physical copy when you get it, or will be sent to you in the 16th if you got the Digital copy from Origin.

Pre-order code is a completely different one.

lijousse
12.13.2011 , 01:23 PM | #8
Well i recieved my code from origin the same day i bought the game, i submitted it and for a while it showed on my subscription history, however i've logged on today after work to find that part of the "completed" group uncompleted. I'll be patient however as im sure its a teething problem or that more will become evident over time.

Either that or i'll hold my breath til i go blue

Kunovega
12.13.2011 , 01:23 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Vaikaris View Post
Thank you. Wish this info was more accessible, I just spent half an hour worrying I had forgotten something and ****ed it up...
its actually on the launcher if you read the patch notes after trying to log in
This is not the signature you're looking for... But since you are here, use this link:
http://www.swtor.com/r/Xv5WwL
Get free stuff (mailed to you in game on every character) and a Free Character Transfer!

Navvaro
12.13.2011 , 01:23 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Baeralas View Post
Not trying to cause trouble, but to clarify. If you need the code from either the box or what Origin sends you on the 16th... and these are the only two ways to get it... How are people already in early access?

Or is that code essentially to let you 'start playing' fully when the game is released and you can access your early access regardless when they actually give you an invite?