Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

CS Response Time - Character Deleted

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
CS Response Time - Character Deleted
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Darkside
11.21.2012 , 12:28 PM | #1
I accidentally deleted the wrong character on my account yesterday. I filed a ticket at the time it happened, and the ticket is still open. What is the typical response time I should expect?
[]==============O==============[]

DARKSIDE

Geseb_Var
11.21.2012 , 12:34 PM | #2
3 or 4 days is usual for me.
Prophecy of the Five
The Var Legacy
Lizzi - Human Sorceror | Geseb - Cyborg Juggernaut | Rindern - Miraluka Assassin | Wirken - Miraluka Sniper

Darkside
11.21.2012 , 02:11 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Geseb_Var View Post
3 or 4 days is usual for me.
Ouch!

DARKSIDE

eldefail
11.21.2012 , 02:18 PM | #4
Try to remember that 1.5 brought a whole host of issues (many of which are game breaking, such as broken/bugged flashpoints) and Bioware/EA recently gutted the game's staff. Response times will probably be through the roof for a whie.

Sutii
11.21.2012 , 03:39 PM | #5 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Hello Darkside,

Unfortunately we are experiencing a high volume of contacts at this time, this is resulting in some delay in responding to issues but rest assured our Customer Service Representatives are investigating and resolving all reported issues as rapidly as they are able to.

I do hope that your case is resolved in short order, please do let us know if you require assistance with any other issue.

Thanks.
Sutii | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support

MediumD
11.21.2012 , 04:10 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Darkside View Post
I accidentally deleted the wrong character on my account yesterday. I filed a ticket at the time it happened, and the ticket is still open. What is the typical response time I should expect?
I deleted my main, a JKG 50, by mistake. I'm on day 6.

ChaosCalling
11.21.2012 , 04:16 PM | #7
You know, this drives me a bit insane. A suggestion to change this was brought forward not long after launch. Instead of typing "Delete" when getting rid of a character, all problems would be solved by having the player type the NAME of the character they are deleting. Poof! No more accidental deletes! Unfortunately, I guess Bioware decided that their overworked and sometimes questionable customer service reps didn't actually have enough to do.

Liralin
11.21.2012 , 04:31 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by ChaosCalling View Post
You know, this drives me a bit insane. A suggestion to change this was brought forward not long after launch. Instead of typing "Delete" when getting rid of a character, all problems would be solved by having the player type the NAME of the character they are deleting. Poof! No more accidental deletes! Unfortunately, I guess Bioware decided that their overworked and sometimes questionable customer service reps didn't actually have enough to do.
Sometimes, what seems so easy isn't at all easy and sometimes impossible to code. Your characters in the system may have a completely different identifier than the one you know such as a numerical code,

symke
11.22.2012 , 01:22 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Darkside View Post
Do not expect them to contact you for a while. And when they do they will make this your own mistake which they can do nothing about.
Even those 2-3 people that are working in customer support are somewhere in the out sourced basement and have almost no clue about this game whatsoever. Tickets get closed without giving any help. And when they do get closed, they essentially get deleted, because once that happens they behave like you didn't send it anyway.

Darkside
11.22.2012 , 03:31 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by ChaosCalling View Post
That would be fantastic! SWG changed to that method not too long after launch, you would think it would have been in SWTOR from day one.

I haven't had any response yet either.

DARKSIDE