Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Dread Guard Relic BiS?

TheTbone
11.22.2012 , 12:51 AM | #81
Thanks for doing all the tests for this guys. As a Sentinel Watchman, I've switched from the two WH relics to DG Boundless +DG Elemental Proc. After only one attempt on the dummy, I was getting 1836 (my previous best was maybe 1815 or so). I've upgraded my gear a bit, but I think the switch of relics helps.

Here's the log: http://swtor.askmrrobot.com/combatlo...=0,f=1,t=1,b=1

Some interesting math for the Elemental:

Over a 5 minute fight (310 secs), the proc went off 52 times. That comes out to every 6 seconds. I did 15605 damage from the proc alone, which means each hit was for 300 dmg. It made up 2.7% of my overall damage. I can't say how much I lost from the static power, but 2.7% seems like a pretty decent bump.
#The Furious Angels#
Commander Tbone - Leader of FA
Jung Ma Server
Website|The Signal

ronniehenlau
11.22.2012 , 01:09 AM | #82
This thread has restored my faith in this community. People have been civil in their discussion! Civil for christ sakes! Someone call for a nerf of someones keyboard or something!

Also, thanks to those of you who have bothered doing all the math, very very helpful for those of us who are to stupid to do math beyond 2+2
Bållsdeep - Powertech Pyrotech
Amazeballs - Deception Assassin
7 Republic 55s
10 Imperial 55s

Dragonbgone
11.22.2012 , 01:18 AM | #83
Quote: Originally Posted by TheTbone View Post
Thanks for doing all the tests for this guys. As a Sentinel Watchman, I've switched from the two WH relics to DG Boundless +DG Elemental Proc. After only one attempt on the dummy, I was getting 1836 (my previous best was maybe 1815 or so). I've upgraded my gear a bit, but I think the switch of relics helps.

Over a 5 minute fight (310 secs), the proc went off 52 times. That comes out to every 6 seconds. I did 15605 damage from the proc alone, which means each hit was for 300 dmg. It made up 2.7% of my overall damage. I can't say how much I lost from the static power, but 2.7% seems like a pretty decent bump.
This. DoT specs such as the sentinel (especially classes that have two weapons) should notice a proc rate close to 6 seconds.

All data is helpful in defining the damage parameters.
. : Messores Republicae : .
Reapers of the Republic

Ansalem
11.22.2012 , 11:05 AM | #84
Quote: Originally Posted by TheTbone View Post

Using the DG proc relic is 66 power less than the WH. 66 power = 15.18 dmg. Now if you take that number and don't include crit/crit multiplier the proc relic is a huge upgrade. From my testing Ive seen that the proc relic is good for a minimum of 16 dps during a fight and thats with the worst efficiency on that proc. I had a really bad parse on T and Z with a lot of movement going on and ended up with like 40% efficiency it was going off like once every 7s. It still came out to well over the dmg 66 power would have given during the same duration of fight. The overall dmg may not seem like much but its actually better.

GeckoOBac
11.22.2012 , 12:01 PM | #85
Posted this already in the wrong thread, but anyway:

I've seen you speaking about the dread guard healing relic... But the dread guard healing relic has +power on it, and less endurance.

Wouldn't the campaign healing relic be better for a shadow then? The TK heal would heal for more and probably compensate for the difference in proc magnitude?

Also:
Gunnery mandos/arsenal merc have 35% armor penetration from the stance (not 10), to which you have to add the 20% armor reduction on the target. Now, IIRC they said that they basically calculate the % added together, meaning a mando/merc specced that way will basically see a 55% reduction on target armor, for an effective mitigation (barring some kind of diminishing returns) of 15,75% on operation bosses meaning that, on average and not counting crit, those classes should see 235ish hits on the kinetic/energy relics.
[Edit: my calculations are off because the reduction is on the rating, no the straight mitigation, so the relic proc will hit for less than that, but should still be better than the internal one]

Finally, pending clarification on the healing relic, what would be the BiS for the second relic for a tanking shadow? The DG absorb proc? a WH one? In case of a pvp one, the second best would be...?

Ansalem
11.22.2012 , 01:17 PM | #86
concerning the arsenal merc cylinder and arm pene. I have seen my min hits for the most part go for 218 and Ive had a crit as high as 443. That is using the kinetic proc relic of course.

Dragonbgone
11.22.2012 , 01:58 PM | #87
Quote: Originally Posted by Ansalem View Post
concerning the arsenal merc cylinder and arm pene. I have seen my min hits for the most part go for 218 and Ive had a crit as high as 443. That is using the kinetic proc relic of course.
Right, this is why the kinetic is BiS for Arsenal Mercs and Gunnery Commandos
. : Messores Republicae : .
Reapers of the Republic

KeyboardNinja
11.22.2012 , 03:18 PM | #88
Quote: Originally Posted by GeckoOBac View Post
I've seen you speaking about the dread guard healing relic... But the dread guard healing relic has +power on it, and less endurance.

Wouldn't the campaign healing relic be better for a shadow then? The TK heal would heal for more and probably compensate for the difference in proc magnitude?
That's a really interesting question. Ask Mr Robot hasn't updated their relic data yet, and I don't currently have access to log into the game and look at the relic itself. You could be right.

Quote: Originally Posted by GeckoOBac View Post
Finally, pending clarification on the healing relic, what would be the BiS for the second relic for a tanking shadow? The DG absorb proc? a WH one? In case of a pvp one, the second best would be...?
Off-hand, I would say the DG defense relic is probably second best in slot, but I need to spend some quality time with the numbers to be sure. It is almost certain that the defense relic is superior to the DG proc absorb.
Computer Programmer. Theory Crafter. Dragonslayer on The Ebon Hawk.
Tam (shadow tank) Tov-ren (commando healer) Aveo (combat sentinel) Nimri (df scoundrel)
Averith (hybrid sniper) Alish (lightning sorcerer) Aresham (jugg tank) Effek (ap powertech)

GeckoOBac
11.22.2012 , 03:46 PM | #89
Quote: Originally Posted by KeyboardNinja View Post
That's a really interesting question. Ask Mr Robot hasn't updated their relic data yet, and I don't currently have access to log into the game and look at the relic itself. You could be right.
Stats as they are in game right now:
Campaign Relic of Ephemeral Mending:
+84 Endurance
443 health over 3 secs every 20 secs

Dread Guard Relic of Ephemeral Mending:
+64 Endurance
+47 Power
505 health over 3 secs every 20 secs

Chance to proc is 50% on both

-----

Adding the other tanking relics so if you want to compare for the second relic:
Dread Guard Relic of Shield Amplification
+95 Endurance
+455 Absorb Rating, for 6 secs every 20 secs (Apparently 100% chance on shield)

Dread Guard Relic of Shrouded Crusader
+95 Endurance
Clickable +215 Shield and Absorb for 20 secs

Dread Guard Relic of Imperiling Serenity
+95 Endurance
Clickable +350 Defense Rating for 20 secs

Mugen_no_Jidai
11.22.2012 , 07:50 PM | #90
Thanks for all of the number crunching so far. Would someone mind throwing the 1.6 Elite War Hero relics into the mix for both static tanking (+def/shield) and especially the Boundless ages one for DPS? Dulfy has links to all of the new-stated relics under the armor for individual classes. I'm wondering if I should be saving up daily comms for Dread Guard relics or playing more PvP and not spending my ranked comms for EWH relics.

Thanks!