Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Same gender relationships clarifications?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Same gender relationships clarifications?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Eleuril
11.21.2012 , 04:21 PM | #3221
Quote: Originally Posted by Tatile View Post
Perhaps, if they are putting Makeb as 1.6 (big if at the moment), they didn't want the PvP testing to be overshadowed by "omg planet "? This way they can have PvP'ers levelling on the new map (no character copies this time, again) and discussing their issues without having to compete with "look at this shiny rock I found, I hit this quest NPC with it".

PvP's last map came out in April? It came with Denova, at any rate. They need some "me" time.

Not that story players don't need "me" time, of course, but there's usually a lot more yelling of "how can you like story? GAWD" involved and it requires less balancing issues.
Definitely time PvPers got an update. It's interesting that they have the new warzone and space combat up first, if they are planning to add more to the PTS for 1.6. As you say, you could infer that they want to get that tested before they put something bigger and shinier up for testing.

I notice the patch notes/Test Center update describe the new space missions as "50+" and that new 50s will be given Tionese gear for free. The latter might imply they are trying to get everyone reasonably geared for Makeb so it's easier to tune for players just starting to level past 50.

Quote: Originally Posted by Tatile View Post
Semicolon used: Extended sentence!
It's Super Effective!
Comma fainted.
*blinks*

JediMB
11.21.2012 , 05:08 PM | #3222
One thing that makes me suspect that there's more to 1.6 than what's currently on the PTS is the space missions.

The only talk I've heard regarding new space missions before is when they've talked about Makeb.

Anyone else got contradictory information?
The Morrowbringer Legacy The Red Eclipse (PvE) [EU]
Deep into that darkness peering, you reach out your hand and grasp what you are searching for.
Now ring the bells that sweep away the darkness; the bells that beckon tomorrow's dawn.

Lent_San
11.21.2012 , 05:28 PM | #3223
Quote: Originally Posted by MatronAdena View Post
I MADE IT THROUGH THE WHOLE THING!!!!!!!!!! XD
It's not bad when I get going I can do just as big, But you bring up a ton of points more so about the companies that get so blown over and missed , or completely misdirected, more so with Disney- I love how people seem to completely assume they are this insane far fringe right minded company.
I'm not assuming this, I'm just cautious. Whenever a new company takes over an existing franchise, first thing they usually do is try to make the transition as smooth as possible and not draw unnecessary attention (during that transition) to things that may come back to haunt them later. I have no idea how deep Disney looks into this, so I'm not claiming to have any inside knowledge on this, but I'd understand (from an economic point of view) if all content that's either possibily controversial or expensive would be postponed until the new lead has positioned itself towards it, which would include the preparation of press releases, marketing, financing and all that. It's simply a business thing and has nothing to do with them being falsely perceived as "far fringe and right minded". I do not think that they are. Their history does not show that.

I'm happy if I'm wrong with content possibly being postponed due to that transition, all I was saying is that Disney buying the SW franchise might have an effect on the timeline of things, just as it might have an effect on other parts of the game that are just now in the works but need final approving.

Palar
11.21.2012 , 05:40 PM | #3224
Quote: Originally Posted by JediMB View Post
One thing that makes me suspect that there's more to 1.6 than what's currently on the PTS is the space missions.

The only talk I've heard regarding new space missions before is when they've talked about Makeb.

Anyone else got contradictory information?
Perhaps they're rolling it out in stages. A lot of our information tends to seem contradictory, but I've played the waiting game this long so I'll just see what happens.

tolaf
11.21.2012 , 11:59 PM | #3225
I am behind this movement, however i must admit that i was a little annoyed at how over-zealous some were acting, but now that i've seen everyone give up so easily i must say i'm quite disapointed.
It's sad to see people so dedicated give up because they were given the cold shoulder, and i must say it's almost enough to make we want to scream to BioWare about this.
I implore all of you not to give up, what happened to all that stuff about "equality" some were yellign about?
Well, i guess all of you didn't care about SGR's as much as you said, otherwise you would have never given up.
Dark Nova leader of the Sin-gie clan

stuffystuffs
11.22.2012 , 12:22 AM | #3226
I haven't given up.
Node guarder

Palar
11.22.2012 , 12:33 AM | #3227
Going a year without any answers can somehow disillusion people and they feel playing something else is better than paying to ask questions to a brick wall.

I'm hanging in there until my sub runs out, in January, so it depends on the "this year" claim - as fun as it is, can't keep praying to St. Jude forever.

Jaspin
11.22.2012 , 12:36 AM | #3228
I do not think it is a sign they do not care enough.
For me the general overtone seems more of exhaustion, overwhelmed by disappointment and (to some extent) hoping against all hope.

For me the adamant silence of EA/BW has long lost the status of "neutrality". At a certain point saying nothing is supporting the opposite opinon.

I'm normally not even a MMO-player. My brother, his partner and my wife convinced me to play as the men were into Star Wars an d my wife loved to RP.
Now I am the only one left of us. My brother and his partner left "because we can get discrimination for free in the RL... we don't have to pay for it with additional benefit of souring our love for SW".
My wife stopped for the general sexism of the game: "I'm not a straight male... I don't have struggled for equal rights almost all my life, just to be reminded by a game that I am a second class being / not part of an important customer group".

Lent_San
11.22.2012 , 02:13 AM | #3229
I have not given up either.

I can't really claim exhaustion, since I never was the most active person in this thread. I have been lurking for quite a while, contacted staff here and there, twittered writers when I came across a tweet that didn't really seem to shed any light on the topic. If anything, it's fatigue, and not wanting to be part of the group again whose wishes are constantly denied.

At this point, I just don't know what to do. I've mentioned the people that "bullied" Bioware into giving them more ME3 ending content. Of course we could also set up a FB group and involve any gaming press outlet there and threaten to never buy any Bioware product again. But as with last time, I do not support this kind of action. I found it justified in part, but childish and bratty in the way it ended up playing out. I guess I'm just not that kind of a person.

But I'm not good at waiting also. I've cancelled my sub for the time being, having done so since if it's F2P, I can have a look into it from time to time and wait for the content I really care about to appear. I wish they'd just let me pay my money for that.

The "no-info" policy is a little annoying. Maybe it has to do with them not wanting to raise expectations after what happened with ME3. I really do not feel that "Give us a new ending" movement has done us much good in the long run. People got what they wanted, but it has changed the tone of conversation and chemistry between Bioware and us "fans" to some extent.

Maybe I'm wrong about it, and do not get me wrong, I do like the additional ending content we received. But maybe, I thought about it last night, it also had an effect thus possibly delaying other things BW were up to, after all they nearly invested half a year into creating it.

I'm still waiting. I haven't given up. Just a little unsure how to proceed from here, you know.

Rayla_Felana
11.22.2012 , 04:00 AM | #3230
I've been on and off championing the cause for three years now, I haven't given up.