Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

(Pyrotech) Bored of using healer companions while leveling, Any recommendations?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Bounty Hunter
(Pyrotech) Bored of using healer companions while leveling, Any recommendations?

Sideblaze
11.21.2012 , 06:22 PM | #1
Title.

I'm able to buy gear for whatever one is recommended over Mako most, I'm personally thinking Torian/Blizz (No skadge yet.) but i hear that Blizz is a weak little bugger for whatever reason. And that Torian doesn't have much AOE.

Any suggestions for companions(Besides mako and HK)/how to gear it are thanked in advance.

RendValor
11.21.2012 , 06:25 PM | #2
Blizz because he's cute, Torian because he destroys things
The Trayus Legacy - Prophecy of the Five

Sideblaze
11.21.2012 , 06:41 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by RendValor View Post
Blizz because he's cute, Torian because he destroys things
So, for efficiency, Torian?

Crit/surge or Crit/power for the guy?

Ovan_Oh-One
11.23.2012 , 05:46 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by RendValor View Post
Blizz because he's cute, Torian because Vash the Stampede
Fix'd.
Artist formerly known as Agyo.
Ketwol
Enra

sumuser
11.26.2012 , 12:20 AM | #5
I use Torian. He is an awesome mdps when geared. I would suggest buying a adv reflex barrel 24 ASAP for his mainhand. Only time I use Mako is when I'm soloing a 100k+ HP boss (she does keep me alive). However, when you are running dailies it makes things a lot faster to have Torian out.
Jedi Covenant
Apotheosis | lvl 50 | Bounty Hunter
Utnapishtim | lvl 50 | Sith Warrior

DarthBloodloss
11.26.2012 , 02:02 PM | #6
If you are going to gear out a new DPS companion, have you considered HK-51?

If you dont want him, Id go with Torian. Most companions have 1 or 2 AoEs, same with Torian. But I turn them off for the few times when I'm using concussion missile.

Blizz is weaker because he is a tank and has a couple tanky abilities instead of the full DPS list of abilities. But they would be very close in damage output if you actually like Blizz. (In this case you would put him in DPS stance and treat him 100% like a DPS companion...no shield/absorb)
Bloodloss Mercenary
DESTROYER OF WORLDS || KEEPER OF SOULS

RendValor
11.26.2012 , 10:53 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthBloodloss View Post
Blizz is weaker because he is a tank and has a couple tanky abilities instead of the full DPS list of abilities. But they would be very close in damage output if you actually like Blizz. (In this case you would put him in DPS stance and treat him 100% like a DPS companion...no shield/absorb)
"Close" is kind of stretching it. Melee DPS companions do about 300 more DPS than tank companions in DPS gear (which is to say, almost twice as much)
The Trayus Legacy - Prophecy of the Five

oked
11.27.2012 , 04:12 AM | #8
Torian does SICK dammage, but if you have the tokens hk-51 is the highest damaging companion